UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Why not as much Hulk Love?

hyejinx1984

I actually like wave 1 Hulk. I think he's the best. He epitomizes what Minimates are supposed to represent: the same mold that works for all characters. I can honestly say he is the reason I'm so strongly opposed to 2.5" mates. He's perfect. Why tamper with perfection?

I totally agree with you but when compared with latter-day Minimates he often looks puny. As I said if only they could pump him up proportionately all over.

It doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult to have 2.5" minimate scale thickness in the limbs, but have them be made for a 2 inch minimate (does that make sense??). I know DST wants to cut down on costs, but with all the unique legs and arms they made for Iron Man, it seems doable to have a thicker limbed Hulk. In my opinion anyways.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like wave 1 Hulk. I think he's the best. He epitomizes what Minimates are supposed to represent: the same mold that works for all characters. I can honestly say he is the reason I'm so strongly opposed to 2.5" mates. He's perfect. Why tamper with perfection?

I totally agree with you but when compared with latter-day Minimates he often looks puny. As I said if only they could pump him up proportionately all over.

It doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult to have 2.5" minimate scale thickness in the limbs, but have them be made for a 2 inch minimate (does that make sense??). I know DST wants to cut down on costs, but with all the unique legs and arms they made for Iron Man, it seems doable to have a thicker limbed Hulk. In my opinion anyways.

But then we'd complain about him looking short, stubby and fat. No, I believe that there is only one way to solve this issue, and fortunately, or unfortunately, that method is denied us. I think the Thing hands are the best possible solution we can get.

But then we'd complain about him looking short, stubby and fat. No, I believe that there is only one way to solve this issue, and fortunately, or unfortunately, that method is denied us. I think the Thing hands are the best possible solution we can get.

That was the solution I used, and I am pretty happy. I also agree that people will complain that it isn't right until a 2.5" Hulk is made. So I guess that will always leave some Hulk fans unsatisfied.

Surely this whole hulk size issue is moot... here is my solution...

When looking at your minimates put the hulk a lot closer to you than the others... perspective will do the rest ;)

T.

I'm guessing this can also work if you want Wasp smaller...

"Hulk not move for buttheadsmate" :hulk:

Then move the Bruce Banner minimate and then annoy hims lots...

T.

I don't think the same principles apply. I've tried to "Hulk out" my Banner, but sadly, that has resulted in many a lost 'mate. The garbage disposal and throwing him out of a helicopter were two of the funnier attempts.

Has anyone tried to make a hulk custom from the Killer Croc DC minimate? That should be the scale since the hulk is larger than any normal hero in the marvel universe. The Killer Croc figure repainted would work nicely.

Hulk1.jpg

Or not... just kidding, that's not half bad. Not custom of the year, but not bad :)

Has anyone tried to make a hulk custom from the Killer Croc DC minimate? That should be the scale since the hulk is larger than any normal hero in the marvel universe. The Killer Croc figure repainted would work nicely.

Hulk1.jpg

Or not... just kidding, that's not half bad. Not custom of the year, but not bad :)

Nifty idea... love that goofy grin on the Hulk's face :lol:

It surprises me that Medicom have never produced a kubrick of the Hulk. I know kubricks aren't totally popular with 'Mates fans but if you've seen Colossus in his kubrick form (for example) alongside a Minimate sizewise he looks awesome. I must add that otherwise the Minimate is far superior.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Hulk1.jpg

Nifty idea... love that goofy grin on the Hulk's face :lol:

Oh trust me, I know. That was out of my top 5 worst customs. I just made him because I had a spare Killer Croc and Ork hands. I figured "what the heck" and did it in the span of about 15 mins. I'm sure someone with better skills, or even me putting my mind to it, could do SO much better.

I know kubricks aren't totally popular with 'Mates fans but if you've seen Colossus in his kubrick form (for example) alongside a Minimate sizewise he looks awesome. I must add that otherwise the Minimate is far superior.

I just so happen to have a Colossus Kubrick on me (thanks mysterious Kubrick distributer, whomever you may be), and agree that, sizewise, he looks quite good with other Mini-X-Men (I included both Colossuses [Colossi?] for the purposes of comparison):

post-1827-1226604559_thumb.jpg

Oh Spidey, always showing up where you don't belong :no:

Edited by karamazov80

Much as I hate to admit BHM might have had an idea that adds anything but cringe inducing puns...

For your Debate.

post-7-1226798922_thumb.jpg

2.5"Legolas

A 2"Movie hulk with 2.5"arms and legs

2"Grey Hulk from wave 7

I havent painted the legs and arms so they look a bit odd, I'm sure someone can photoshop color or perhaps if I get a quiet few mins over the weekend I'll mix up a color match.

Thoughts?

If you ask me it's not bad, the limbs might be a tiny bit too long and the head looks a bit undersized but hulk looks like that anyway?

T.

Much as I hate to admit BHM might have had an idea that adds anything but cringe inducing puns...

For your Debate.

2.5"Legolas

2"Grey Hulk from wave 7

I havent painted the legs and arms so they look a bit odd, I'm sure someone can photoshop color or perhaps if I get a quiet few mins over the weekend I'll mix up a color match.

Thoughts?

If you ask me it's not bad, the limbs might be a tiny bit too long and the head looks a bit undersized but hulk looks like that anyway?

T.

I watched both the 'Hulk' & 'Iron Man' DVDs last night for the first time & ,amongst other things, I was particularly interested in the way the Hulk's arms are once again the focal point of most scenes where his power is demonstrated. Having Hulk with "puny Banner's arms" is like having Cap with no shield ,Thor with no hammer or me without crappy puns.

Your version of the Hulk with the 2.5" arms & legs captures this concept albeit perfectly so I wouldn't fret about the head-size,it's fine . If I had one criticism it would be the feet but I think the application of paint would solve that.

Excellent.

For your Debate.

2.5"Legolas

2"Grey Hulk from wave 7

Thoughts?

T.

I watched both the 'Hulk' & 'Iron Man' DVDs last night for the first time & ,amongst other things, I was particularly interested in the way the Hulk's arms are once again the focal point of most scenes where his power is demonstrated. Having Hulk with "puny Banner's arms" is like having Cap with no shield ,Thor with no hammer or me without crappy puns.

Your version of the Hulk with the 2.5" arms & legs captures this concept albeit perfectly so I wouldn't fret about the head-size,it's fine . If I had one criticism it would be the feet but I think the application of paint would solve that.

Excellent.

So which one is your favorite: Hulk or IM?