UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Why not as much Hulk Love?

hyejinx1984

Much as I hate to admit BHM might have had an idea that adds anything but cringe inducing puns...

For your Debate.

post-7-1226798922_thumb.jpg

2.5"Legolas

A 2"Movie hulk with 2.5"arms and legs

2"Grey Hulk from wave 7

I havent painted the legs and arms so they look a bit odd, I'm sure someone can photoshop color or perhaps if I get a quiet few mins over the weekend I'll mix up a color match.

Thoughts?

If you ask me it's not bad, the limbs might be a tiny bit too long and the head looks a bit undersized but hulk looks like that anyway?

T.

I watched both the 'Hulk' & 'Iron Man' DVDs last night for the first time & ,amongst other things, I was particularly interested in the way the Hulk's arms are once again the focal point of most scenes where his power is demonstrated. Having Hulk with "puny Banner's arms" is like having Cap with no shield ,Thor with no hammer or me without crappy puns.

Your version of the Hulk with the 2.5" arms & legs captures this concept albeit perfectly so I wouldn't fret about the head-size,it's fine . If I had one criticism it would be the feet but I think the application of paint would solve that.

Excellent.

So which one is your favorite: Hulk or IM?

Having had both films critically reviewed by all & sundry here & many of my 'enlightened' friends ,I was hardly going to dislike Iron Man ......I loved it. Hulk was better by far than I expected & I thoroughly enjoyed that as well.

Iron Man :thumbsup: but the Hulk was a close second.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd The Hulk movie was great, as was Iron Man. I agree with you, about the Hulk movie thing. They should make more Hulk 'mates. But looking back, there is two other Iron Man 'mates (three counting Stealth Iron Man) and that's all there was before the movie, right? Looking back at the Hulk, there's already been Smart Hulk, like several other normal Hulks, and a Grey Hulk. Honestly, I don't think we need more.

Oh, and Miek would be the second Minimate with multiple arms, there was another that had four. (Salaak was the name... right?)

I haven't recieved my minimates yet, but moviewise, I actually preferred The Incredible Hulk. I have a soft spot for him and Abomination after Ultimate Destruction, the video game. It's really good, and if you've never played it I bet you can find a copy pretty cheap. I'm more psyched for the IM mates though, the MkIII is just too cool looking.

I haven't recieved my minimates yet, but moviewise, I actually preferred The Incredible Hulk. I have a soft spot for him and Abomination after Ultimate Destruction, the video game. It's really good, and if you've never played it I bet you can find a copy pretty cheap. I'm more psyched for the IM mates though, the MkIII is just too cool looking.

Best Superhero Game EVER! I toally second this reccomendation, Hulk UD fals a mere three steps below Half Life in my book (Half Life being the greatest videogame of all time). Play it, you won't regret it.

Much as I hate to admit BHM might have had an idea that adds anything but cringe inducing puns...

For your Debate.

post-7-1226798922_thumb.jpg

2.5"Legolas

A 2"Movie hulk with 2.5"arms and legs

2"Grey Hulk from wave 7

I havent painted the legs and arms so they look a bit odd, I'm sure someone can photoshop color or perhaps if I get a quiet few mins over the weekend I'll mix up a color match.

Thoughts?

If you ask me it's not bad, the limbs might be a tiny bit too long and the head looks a bit undersized but hulk looks like that anyway?

T.

I watched both the 'Hulk' & 'Iron Man' DVDs last night for the first time & ,amongst other things, I was particularly interested in the way the Hulk's arms are once again the focal point of most scenes where his power is demonstrated. Having Hulk with "puny Banner's arms" is like having Cap with no shield ,Thor with no hammer or me without crappy puns.

Your version of the Hulk with the 2.5" arms & legs captures this concept albeit perfectly so I wouldn't fret about the head-size,it's fine . If I had one criticism it would be the feet but I think the application of paint would solve that.

Excellent.

So which one is your favorite: Hulk or IM?

Having had both films critically reviewed by all & sundry here & many of my 'enlightened' friends ,I was hardly going to dislike Iron Man ......I loved it. Hulk was better by far than I expected & I thoroughly enjoyed that as well.

Iron Man :thumbsup: but the Hulk was a close second.

Except, I wouldn't think I need point out to all of you that a Hulk with 2.5" arms and legs would break the 2" restriction. That's the entire reason we can;t have a flat 2.5" Hulk anyways.

Seriously, what's wrong with having Hulk and Spiderman the same size. It's cute.

Maybe I've been reading NightViper's MimiMeyhem too much.

Except, I wouldn't think I need point out to all of you that a Hulk with 2.5" arms and legs would break the 2" restriction. That's the entire reason we can;t have a flat 2.5" Hulk anyways.

Seriously, what's wrong with having Hulk and Spiderman the same size. It's cute.

Yeah the 2" restriction is a given we are just playing around with ideas for kicks...

( Waits for someone to give me the "in theory it's great but in reality it's not gonna happen" quote :P )

I actually agree with you and if I ruled the world ( or even just DST) then all minimates would be back to basics block figures like the first few waves and we wouldn't have this current everyone has to have a moulded chest piece nonsense either!

T.

I think they meant using those arms on a custom.

Whatever happened to MiniMayhem anyway? The whole website is down. Are they back up anywhere? I loved those!

Edited by Dan

I actually agree with you and if I ruled the world ( or even just DST) then all minimates would be back to basics block figures like the first few waves and we wouldn't have this current everyone has to have a moulded chest piece nonsense either!

T.

Totally agree with this! The whole reason I first got into minimates was the simplicity. I loved Lego figures as a kid and minimates had just enough articulation and variety at the beginning. I like the new stuff too, but I think I would prefer going back to the original basic sculpt.

T.

Totally agree with this! The whole reason I first got into minimates was the simplicity. I loved Lego figures as a kid and minimates had just enough articulation and variety at the beginning. I like the new stuff too, but I think I would prefer going back to the original basic sculpt.

See now, I disagree. I like sculpt as long as its character appropriate. Like Apocalypse or the Movie Iron Man characters. I think DST is doing a great job on deciding about sculpt, who gets it and who doesn't. Spider-Man did not need it and this did not get it. Same could be said of later characters like Archangel. The only thing they added there were wings and those are required. And none of the Trek 'mates have gotten excess sculpt (except Gorn). So if its character appropriate, the sculpt is good. But only when it's character appropriate. When Deadpool or Mr. Fantastic ends up with a powerhouse chest, I may change my tune about sculpting.

T.

See now, I disagree. I like sculpt as long as its character appropriate. Like Apocalypse or the Movie Iron Man characters. I think DST is doing a great job on deciding about sculpt, who gets it and who doesn't. Spider-Man did not need it and this did not get it. Same could be said of later characters like Archangel. The only thing they added there were wings and those are required. And none of the Trek 'mates have gotten excess sculpt (except Gorn). So if its character appropriate, the sculpt is good. But only when it's character appropriate. When Deadpool or Mr. Fantastic ends up with a powerhouse chest, I may change my tune about sculpting.

Well, I agree to an extent. I'm a simplist (hah, new term) and I don't like Smart Hulk molding, or *shudder* zombie Wolvy. I like the classic powerhouse chest. it's simple, smooth, and doesn't detract from the block figure itself.

I still maintain that the older mates are better.

Well, I agree to an extent. I'm a simplist (hah, new term) and I don't like Smart Hulk molding, or *shudder* zombie Wolvy. I like the classic powerhouse chest. it's simple, smooth, and doesn't detract from the block figure itself.

I still maintain that the older mates are better.

Yeah... those are evil. But I believe Smart Hulk molding worked on Movie Hulk and comic Abomination. But not on Smart Hulk. In fact, nothing worked on Smart Hulk because Smart Hulk should not exist.

The Kilowag body is really good for hulk because it has size and bulk to it.... thats my say.... and i still want HULKBUSTERSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :verymad::verymad:

• 2 weeks later...

I think they meant using those arms on a custom.

Whatever happened to MiniMayhem anyway? The whole website is down. Are they back up anywhere? I loved those!

I've got a few saved on my computer. I don't know, I haven't seen NV anywhere, not even on the TF sites. :(