UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa '08

hrmmm..... than i have NO idea.

"NO," as in "New Orleans"? Shanester, perhaps?

while they live do live in New Orleans, that wasn't "intentional", maybe....? :blink:

i really dont think it was shanester however.

who are you santa? :angry:

I can confirm that it was not me.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my present today. I got an Antman/Giantman minimate, which I wanted, a BSG playing card game, a german kinder surprise, and a german hot chocolate making lollipop thing which looks fun. I also got what appears to be a homemade Watchmen badge, ie the blood splatter painted on.

I absolutely love all my gifts!

Now my detective skills were pushed to the limit. There was some funny writing on the package, with funny letters with dots over them :blink: The words Deutschland and Allemagne were on it too. I'd never come across these before and was very confused at this point.

Then I found a hair in the packaging, and ran it through my search database. It was a negative for DNA but my computer told me that the hair resembled that of a far off land called Germany!

So after all that I discovered that my Secret Santa was Bob Harris!

Thanks alot Bob! I love the presents!

Well done, Sherlock! Good to hear you have those DNA analyzers down in Birmingham!

But I'm also glad you enjoy the stuff, you're very welcome! The Giantman/Antman thing: you had him as a big wish on your wants list when I was getting the stuff together and realized yesterday that you already took him off. Hope you enjoy him as well. The button: I do wear this post-mortem Comedian batch - yes, it's diy - myself and since your obviously admiring the Watchmen, I though you might like it. And for the candy, that's typical German stuff that I do love.

Have fun!

:D

Got mine today. In it was a very sweet Christmas card, and a NXM Phoenix, a Heroes Reborn Ironman (toy biz) and a Hal Jordan/Star Sapphire set! SS, I don't know if you have a very long memory and knew that my Hal broke, or if it was just a lucky guess. Thank you, truly wonderful.

post-51-1229645317_thumb.jpg

Now, Master Detective time!

post-51-1229645341_thumb.png

The return address was signed "Joe Wagner". We all know that's false though, because only a very foolish, or very confidant person would use their real name on the return addy. Wagner, as we know, is used in the webisode of Homestar Runner. Which indicates... YOU, Homestar17!

There was a card included that was a very special card. It was by Paper Magic Group. This is unusual, and certainly a clue. Because they are based out of Scranton, PA. Only one person here is based out of Scranton, PA, and that person is... MisterPL!

The address was also listed as Oil City, PA. Now, since we know that MisterPL is based out of Scranton, we also know that other people know that. So we can be sure that someone tried to frame MrPL, got confused, forgot where he lived, and put down the wrong address. Ah HAH! Mistakes, however, can be more telling than actual clues. You see, Oil City is a combination of the names "Oil Slick" and city, meaning a city bot. Oil Slick is a mad scientist in Transformers Animated, and the city bot Metroplex could combine with Superion. Oil Slick is a Decepticon similar to Swindle, and original member of the Combaticons, and Superion was a Scramble City (Ah hah! Another city!) combiner like the Combaticons, and of course, we all know the Combaticons combine into... Bruticus! It was you!

If we look inside the box, my mystery person has left me a little clue. This was a New Balance shoe box. A pair of Woman’s shoes to be exact. Pricey too (I'd love a pair). Size 7. You with the tiny feet, and the new running shoes in white must be a woman. Because the card is addressed with handwriting far to clean for that of a man. However, what if it IS a man, and he simply used his wife's shoe box, and got her to write the note? Unthinkable? Not so much. Dastardly? for sure. EVIL?! Yes. For there is mention in the card of boobies. And who here is aware of my fascination with the untouchable orbs of power except for one of my own rank, who shares my love of chest pillows? None other than... Danny! The fact that you sent 2 girls proves it!

But perhaps it is not Star Sapphire and Phoenix that are the clues. Mayhaps it is Ironman and Hal. Ironman was in the Hulk movie this summer, and the Green Lantern is green. So this must be a symbol for green. That means the Hulk! And where there is the Hulk, there is Shane. Shane knew I used to live in the same state as him. So he decided to be cute by hand delivering my package. But having it left at the doorstep with just my name was a mistake, as I am no longer at my residences there. My neighbor, however, saw my name on the package, and sent it to me. However, she mislabeled the post, and mailed it to her relatives in PA. There she called them and had them send it back to me. Therefore, by way of PA, The culprit is none other than out own leader, Shane!

Or was it? I see now that my adversary is worthy of an opponent such as myself. The wheels within wheels can only be from a super genius like my own. Only one man here can match brains with my own. That man, is TBT! But how, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. You see, Timbo has lived everywhere. He has lived in, Lewes, in Brighton, across the pond in San Diego. Does it not follow logic that he would again move? Perhaps this time to a small town in PA? Where later in life, in a last ditch effort to stop me from foiling his master plan, he built a time machine and sent me a present to throw me off the trail, decades earlier?! This "Iron Man", as you call it, is proof enough! You see, this was obviously the last Marvel Legend ever produced. It was commissioned by the US Government to be a real killing machine, to end WWIV quickly and without violence. However, Timbo, president of DST, the future holder of the master Marvel license and all military grade hard where, mis-packaged these small toys of death in direct defiance of the Empirical California Safety Code, which as you all know, allows us to only have fun by breathing air, and sent them into the mass market! Fortunately, by analyzing the finger prints on this small soldier, I can tell that my future self was about to stop them with a small dose of GPS, Gold Plastic Syndrome. Timbo, in his rage, sent the single remaining Ironman back in time to kill me! It won't work, for I have found you out! Now that I know your dastardly plan, reality has corrected itself and your little 'future bomb' has dissipated in accordance with BTTF regulations!

Unfortunately this also means I am in need of another Secret Santa present. Just one thing bothers me though. TBT isn't as smart as I am, just almost. So he couldn't have done this on his own. Which means the only one able to concoct this deplorable deed is... MYSELF! By reading this, the idea will be planted in Timbo's head, and I will actually orchestrate this entire chain of events! Quickly, someone, check the rule book on sending gifts to yourself, and thereby bringing about the end of the world!

post-51-1229645355_thumb.png

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I got my Secret Santa package today as well and had to instantly rip into the taunting yellow envelope. The contents inside can only be described by the sound of my jaw dropping at the awesomeness that resided within. For you see, fellow posters, I am now the proud recepient of an Invaders Captain America, Bucky and an amazingly awesome Union Jack custom! This, in addition to a homemade minimate Christmas card and one of Minnesota's own Nut Goodie nut clusters.

post-2053-1229657473_thumb.jpg

Now mind you, the sheer greatness of this selection has left me too awe struck to deduce who indeed my Secretive Santa is at this point in time. However, the time is coming to reveal the artistic and talented culprit for all to see. Oh yes, your time is nigh...... ;)

Edited by jjwspider

I got my Santa gift today and I want to just start with saying: I am amazed! Thank you!

I know I am hard to get items for, so what I received is absolutely awesome. My Santa made not 1 but 2 customs. And these weren't simple QC's these had sculpted pieces and accessories. So again thank you, Santa.

post-1666-1229659255_thumb.jpg

post-1666-1229659426_thumb.jpg

I am not going to fake my detective powers. the punisher=D you have done yourself proud. THANK YOU, thank you, thank you.

TM2....that was some dizzying intellect.... :blink:

Whilst it is perhaps worrying that TM2 is developing an immunity to his medication, we must be grateful that his 'Santa' decided not to furnish him with the "Samurai sword , Bowie knife or meat-cleaver" he had on his wish-list. I was so pleased to eventually see the picture when TM2 recently announced he'd gotten hold of a black cat :ohmy: I had imagined the worst ... :sick:

Yall take care :ermm:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I got my Santa gift today and I want to just start with saying: I am amazed! Thank you!

I know I am hard to get items for, so what I received is absolutely awesome. My Santa made not 1 but 2 customs. And these weren't simple QC's these had sculpted pieces and accessories. So again thank you, Santa.

post-1666-1229659255_thumb.jpg

post-1666-1229659426_thumb.jpg

I am not going to fake my detective powers. the punisher=D you have done yourself proud. THANK YOU, thank you, thank you.

glad you liked 'em buddy!

What a great surprise for Bob Harris he got to meet Der Secret Weihnachtsmann . Thanks for the picture Bob, I shall treasure it.

post-638-1229722770_thumb.jpg

Errr why does the figure have his trousers around his ankles :blink: An Santa as well looking on this is wrong just wrong :P

What a great surprise for Bob Harris he got to meet Der Secret Weihnachtsmann . Thanks for the picture Bob, I shall treasure it.

Errr why does the figure have his trousers around his ankles :blink: An Santa as well looking on this is wrong just wrong :P

Bloody hell I never noticed that :ohmy: You'll have to ask Bob :ermm:

edit: I also notice there's no question mark on his head now :yes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Well I received my Secret Santa gift and I am Ecstatic!!!!!

I was given:

The Invaders Box set

Wonder Woman mate

And a Bag O' Parts!!!!

Awesome stuff, I love it :D

But my detective skills are not exactly up to par, plus work has burnt me out......so, for the time being I am just going thank my secret santa SO VERY MUCH.....A Thousand thank you's!!!!!

If I figure out who you are, I will post....but again, for now...Thank you!!!

Are we going to get another list of all the people doing the Secret Santa again this year? (sorry if this has already been asked or answered)

Probably sometime next week. Hopefully by then everyone will have received something and would have had a chance to guess at their sender. Unless you all want me to post it sooner.... Just lmk.

Just wanted to pipe in and congratulate everybody on their awesome Secret Santa presents! Must be nice to get such coveted Minimates in the mail for Christmas... I'm currently on holiday at our grandparents' house down south in Mindanao (where the dearth in Minimates is more severe than back home), meaning I won't get to open/receive my LE package on time. But hey, no worries... I'm with family, after all. Happy Holidays!

Verdammt, you caught me with pants down, BHM! But wait, you just realized that this infamous and infantile wannabe hasn't a question mark on his paperbag, so he can't be me. He's just a fake. Gald we straighten that out. Nothing to see here, move along. (Maybe I should do a remark on the name and avatar explanation thread once...)

Another thing: are we putting our identified Secret Santas on the master feedback list? Yes we can do, don't we?

My Secret Santa's presents arrived today....& what a great bunch of stuff it is :Dpost-638-1229782888_thumb.jpg post-638-1229782976_thumb.jpg . A Dalek but not just any old Dalek.....Dalek Thay ! That was the first surprise but the second surpassed it ,Caprica Six .....she looks stunning & will be in prime position on my new display shelf.

.....& that's not all....Elf Spock... who I only mentioned in another thread earlier today "Live long & prosper"!

The final item is a FCBD White Blank which is the damnedest thing :ohmy: I decided to part with one of these & sent it off to the US just yesterday & another returns to me today ....spooky but very welcome!

My Secret Santa ? BSG , Dr.Who & Royal Mail delivery narrowed it down.... as did the message .

Thanks a bunch Dan what a fantastic haul. Merry Christmas mate!

Glad you like them BHM! I couldn't get anything from your wants list for the life of me, and so just looked toward your other interests.

Merry Christmas to you too!

i must have been good this year or something, cause my secret santa was very good to me. :blink:

Because patients aren’t one on my virtues, i opened the gift immediately after receiving it this afternoon. To my surprise i could not believe what I got. Pictures are always better then words, soooo....

dsc0650ix7.th.jpg

dsc0656bl5.th.jpg

dsc0657xy2.th.jpg

Not much detective work was needed to know that my secret Santa is Boyd. It was his signature accessories and highly detailed decals that gave him away. Thank you so much Boyd for the lot of rare parts (and some completes), the 2008 green comic con exclusive and that little joker guy. the christmas sweater joker is absolutely awesome, and he even comes with a "holly" explosive bomb (hahaha pun intended). Thanks agian, you rule!!

Edited by skull buster

My gift arrived today... in the box I found the 24 Series 2 box set, Professor Hulk & Abom 2 pack, Death Archangel & Apoc 2 pack, and a Mrs Marvel & Ultron 2 pack. Thanks Secret Santa !! .... or should I say Deadpool?

BS

Dammit! Tell me honestly, is it the fact that I live in Beech Grove? :P

My gift arrived today... in the box I found the 24 Series 2 box set, Professor Hulk & Abom 2 pack, Death Archangel & Apoc 2 pack, and a Mrs Marvel & Ultron 2 pack. Thanks Secret Santa !! .... or should I say Deadpool?

BS

Dammit! Tell me honestly, is it the fact that I live in Beech Grove? :P

Most likely because you have both your city & state listed. :)

Ooh, I'm getting so excited seeing everyone's stuff! I hope mine comes soon! Early "thank you" in case I forget later. :D

i must have been good this year or something, cause my secret santa was very good to me. :blink:

Because patients aren’t one on my virtues, i opened the gift immediately after receiving it this afternoon. To my surprise i could not believe what I got. Pictures are always better then words, soooo....

dsc0650ix7.th.jpg

dsc0656bl5.th.jpg

dsc0657xy2.th.jpg

Not much detective work was needed to know that my secret Santa is Boyd. It was his signature accessories and highly detailed decals that gave him away. Thank you so much Boyd for the lot of rare parts (and some completes), the 2008 green comic con exclusive and that little joker guy. the christmas sweater joker is absolutely awesome, and he even comes with a "holly" explosive bomb (hahaha pun intended). Thanks agian, you rule!!

Yeah, I won't even try to deny it's me. Glad you like your gift!

And Merry Christmas to all.