UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa '08

I got the rest of my stuff today! It was the Fistful of Dollars boxset, two cylons (regular and cannon), Dawn, Kabuki, and Rocy Balboa's head. Thanks!

Was it Homestar17?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the rest of my stuff today! It was the Fistful of Dollars boxset, two cylons (regular and cannon), Dawn, Kabuki, and Rocy Balboa's head. Thanks!

Was it Homestar17?

You guessed it!

Of course it probably wasn't that hard (especially since KB Toys refused to remove my info from the packing slip included in the first package -- even tho I begged & begged them).

I'm glad you liked everything. :D

I read somewhere that you were looking for anything Rocky 'mate-related & since I missed out on a First Date set on eBay the best I could do was his head. :)

I got my Secret Santa present in the mail today, and I couldn't be happier! My Santa got me the BSG Razor set and a Mighty Muggs Wolverine!! This is my first Mighty Mugg, and I freaking love it!! The first thing I did was run (literally) and show my wife. She likes him too. Then I showed him to my 2-year old son, who got a little confused and called him Batman. After a short lesson on Wolverine involving the Mighty Mugg, a statue, a minimate, and a comic book, my son is now a Wolverine fan as well. His superhero vocabulary now includes Wolverine ("Verine"), Cap, Spider-Man ("Man-Man"), Hulk, and Batman. Afterwards, I put Wolverine on a high shelf where little hands can't get to him. Now I want MORE Mighty Muggs!

As for the secret identity of my Santa, I noticed an old address label underneath the new one. I carefully peeled it back to reveal... A TRU in Ontario. Well that didn't help... or did it? Then I remembered someone mentioning in the TRU thread that they were going to check the stock in the Canadian TRU system. I went back there and found that my Secret Santa is none other than pickle! Thank you so much!!!

Was it Homestar17?

You guessed it!

Of course it probably wasn't that hard (especially since KB Toys refused to remove my info from the packing slip included in the first package -- even tho I begged & begged them).

I'm glad you liked everything. :D

I read somewhere that you were looking for anything Rocky 'mate-related & since I missed out on a First Date set on eBay the best I could do was his head. :)

The Hello Kitty card and girly handwriting actually gave it away :P

I got my Secret Santa present in the mail today, and I couldn't be happier! My Santa got me the BSG Razor set and a Mighty Muggs Wolverine!! This is my first Mighty Mugg, and I freaking love it!! The first thing I did was run (literally) and show my wife. She likes him too. Then I showed him to my 2-year old son, who got a little confused and called him Batman. After a short lesson on Wolverine involving the Mighty Mugg, a statue, a minimate, and a comic book, my son is now a Wolverine fan as well. His superhero vocabulary now includes Wolverine ("Verine"), Cap, Spider-Man ("Man-Man"), Hulk, and Batman. Afterwards, I put Wolverine on a high shelf where little hands can't get to him. Now I want MORE Mighty Muggs!

As for the secret identity of my Santa, I noticed an old address label underneath the new one. I carefully peeled it back to reveal... A TRU in Ontario. Well that didn't help... or did it? Then I remembered someone mentioning in the TRU thread that they were going to check the stock in the Canadian TRU system. I went back there and found that my Secret Santa is none other than pickle! Thank you so much!!!

Glad you like them :)

I also got my Secret Santa first thing this morning. The package was big and I was wondering what it could be. Here it is: A big Spiderman Throw (which the fiance laid claims), Volumes 1, 2 and 3 of the newer F4 cartoon (which I have been thinking about picking up for a while now) and three comics, Spider-man loves Mary Jane #4 (MJ!!!), Eternals annual #1 and the three musketeers #6.

I have this sinking feeling that it is MinimateEspo25. Why do you ask? Maybe because part of his real name is in his forum name, or maybe it is cause of it being from NJ... Or maybe, just maybe it was the voodoo ritual I did on the box when it first got here and had that crazy out of body experience.

If it is you, thanks MinimateEspo25!!!

EDIT- I like the little notes in the comics :)

Edited by pickle

The thought enters my melodic little brain that some of this stuff may be very, VERY late, due to the hefty blanketing of snow you poor saps up north are having. I wish you all the best and pray yall are safe.

That is true - if anyone hasn't gotten something by now, please keep this in mind. Give it a few more days due to the weather along with the normal holiday mail delays.

For days & days & days, everybody has been talking about their awesome gifts, but nothing was arriving at my house. For a few hours I worried that my Santa had forgotten about me. I know it was silly to think that & I wasn't trying to be ungrateful or demanding. (Sometimes I just have a hard time being patient.)

But now I'm thankful that nothing arrived sooner. :biggrin: Today, Christmas Eve, my package was delivered! It's totally perfect that it showed up on the best day possible! I was so excited I opened it up right away! Inside the big box was:

the IM "thru the ages" boxset

pegasus six

spider-woman

kitty pride

john stewart GL

flash

C3 nightwing/riddler/batman

Woo hoo! I love everything, Secret Santa! <3 <3 You totally made my holiday! Thank you!!

That is true - if anyone hasn't gotten something by now, please keep this in mind. Give it a few more days due to the weather along with the normal holiday mail delays.

Now onto the detective work -- the return address was NE. The only one from NE that I know of is you, Reideen. Are you my Santa?

That would be me. :) Glad you like them. (That Pegasus Six was tough to track down!)

I do very much! :)

At first, the return city threw me off (Ralston), because I seem to remember you mentioning your area was Omaha. So I was seriously confused until I checked out the newspaper inside the box. Pretty crafty. ;)

I hope the holidays at your new house were/are fantastic!

Here's the list of participants:

Skull buster

jjwspider

minimateespo25

karmazov80

mcdurg

bob harris

deadpool

homestar17

blacksun1520

luke314pi

fo shizzle

mattallica

thepunisher:D

gledzee

vbpanizzi

pickle

dan

boyd

tm2dinobot

buttheadsmate

jcastick

reideen

Since jjwspider did not identify me, I will come forward as his Secret Santa. santa2.gif I'm glad you liked your presents! :D

Here is a pic I took of Union Jack before I sent him off, so everyone else can get a good look at him:

unionjack.jpg

Edited by luke314pi

Since jjwspider did not identify me, I will come forward as his Secret Santa. santa2.gif I'm glad you liked your presents! :D

Here is a pic I took of Union Jack before I sent him off, so everyone else can get a good look at him:

unionjack.jpg

Damn, that makes me want to cry it's so beautiful. . .

Has everyone gotten their's yet? :blink:

Not yet but I kind of expected weather delays...

**EDIT**

Mine arrived today and I almost burst into tears. My Secret Santa found the JLU Batman with Wonder Pig that I have been looking for since who knows when. I also received Batwoman and Question 2 pack and Dark Phoenix Cyclops 2 pack. I tried scouring the Demographic/ and Geographic threads looking for a clue but I had to call off the search because I couldn't get a lead.....But I am VERY grateful and thank you a hundred times over!! :teehee:

Edited by Fo Shizzle

I got mine yesterday from Skull Buster. He made me a custom Reideen 'mate!

Notice the similarities - the SOC:

gx41s_1.jpg

The custom from Skull Buster can be seen on my new flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34086695@N05/

(only because I'm playing with my blackberry storm rather than taking the pics with a real camera)

Thanks again SB!!

I almost had a brain fart and mistook the picture you posted for the actual custom Skull Buster sent. :blink: The custom (the real one) looks wicked adorable, and the packaging is damn awesome as well!