UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa '08

Sure, that pretty much reflects the way I approached it, but again, I wouldn't necessarily expect someone else to go too far out of their way, or to even buy anything new for me. I think BHM's post is important to take into account, particularly for younger members who may not have actual jobs.

She contributed two coins ,no longer in circulation

:lol:

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Jesus once pointed out to the lads when equating what the poor widow had put in the collection box at the temple. She contributed two coins ,no longer in circulation ,whilst many other more fortunate people were puttings in wads of cash & gold.

Jesus wanted the lads to realise that whilst some gave of their surplus the poor widow gave everything she had . ;)

Nice thought, BHM, but let's stick to the topic! This is about Christmas, not religion, love, hapiness and stuff...

:P

Seriously, I see it the same way as you pointed out with your analogy and karamasov and Reideen did before. I'd be really glad, when I get something from my list, but I'm absolutely fine and happy with anything else. (Well, maybe Luke's present would suck a little, but...) I just love to see that gift from somebody I don't really know - and in my case surely even from another country - under the tree on christmas eve. It's a really nice thought. Globalization in a slightly different way.

as has been stated its not always about buying whats on someones list but more about taking the time and thought to find something that person might like, you state in a post (dec. 2)shortly before this one vvvvvvvvvv(dec.5) that "that's what ebay is for" but then that you cant really use your sisters ebay/paypal, sure its fun to get presents but people should consider whether they can realistically participate in this type of thing before they sign up, just a thought.

It is probably the time for most people doing the Secret Santa '08 to update their Want/Haves being a bit more specific perhaps ;)

I completely agree with you. Out of the few things on my persons list, I can only find one in stores, and that one item is under the $10 range. And my sister doesn't like me using her eBay/paypal, so it's kind of hard for me to find anything. :confused:

Edit'd for this thought. My sister and I just now thought of this, but since there is also a price minimum, shouldn't there also be a requirement to how many items the person has to list? Like at least putting 5 or 6 items on their list, 2 of which are available in stores(and not mission impossible to find). Just a thought, I figured it might make things easier for people like me who can't really get online and shop.

Edited by Mattallica

as has been stated its not always about buying whats on someones list but more about taking the time and thought to find something that person might like, you state in a post (dec. 2)shortly before this one vvvvvvvvvv(dec.5) that "that's what ebay is for" but then that you cant really use your sisters ebay/paypal, sure its fun to get presents but people should consider whether they can realistically participate in this type of thing before they sign up, just a thought.

I didn't know I wouldn't be able to use her paypal. Originally she said I would be able to, but now she isn't all that crazy about the idea of me using it. Not only that, but I thought people would have a pretty good amount of wants for the secret santa thing, not just three or four items, with only one of them being available at target/wal-mart(And I wouldn't know what else this person would want, I don't want to take a wild guess and get them something they don't want). That is why I said maybe there should be a requirement as to how many items the person must have, so more people in a situation like myself can participate without having to worry.

I'll probably have to check a few more LCS, but if they don't have anything then I might have to resort to trading. Maybe I shouldn't have jumped into this so fast, but after looking at last years thread everything was pretty well organized and worked out fine, so I figured the same would happen this year.

Oh, and sorry if I seem like a disrespectful asshole.

Edited by McDurg

i just read the thread for the 07 secret santa you guys went to town! i cant help feeling i didnt get my secret child enough (i managed to get a couple of things on their wish list so hopefully this will be ok) :confused:

My customising skills are below humanly possible. A quick custom would be good, but I'd need to find the right parts quickly. I was thinking about doing some artwork for them, as that is something I can do. . .

Woohoo, my present did already arrive here today! But of course, it won't be touched till christmas eve. (In Germany, we use to get our presents in the evening of 24th, not in the morning!)

Thanks a lot Secret Santa, who ever you are!

That's it ??? You are not going to try and guess who it's from? You have an amazing amount of self control not to open it!! :lol:

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Bob is from Germany :yes:

Yeah, that would most likely mean that it would have to be a UK'er. There's at least 6-7 of you guys right?

Unless he still on the case incognito gathering clues and shaking down leads........ B)

Um, something like the majority of active posters are from the UK.

[quote name='TM2 Dinobot' post='89104' date='Dec 8 2008, 05:43 PM'

Um, something like the majority of active posters are from the UK.

My bad I meant to add from the ones I've noticed that have it listed underneath their avatar :blink:

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Didn't imagine that a small note like that would make one the topic of a discussion...

Well, I guess Mr. BHM's intention was to make clear that beeing a German does mean to have an amazing amount of self control. (At the expense of any sense of humour.) It's just like beeing from England implies to loose football championships.

:P

But Fo Shizzle, I'm indeed going to not touch the present until christmas, but after opening it I will of course try to guess who my Secret Santa is. And there are some clues I do have right now. There are members from other European countries as well - like Aapje is from Holland -, but the stamp on the package was a royal one, so UK seems to be right...

just got my present and unlike bob i could'nt wait to open it it from the UK bu t aside from that i havnt the faintest who it is :confused:

but i would like to say a HUGE thankyou

inside my parcel i received

bruce banner & hulk

spider woman ( from the new avengers 4 pack )

red elektra

C3 man-bat

venom with tongue

rhino

C3 justice lord superman

wave 6 iron man

death stroke

so once again a big thanks hopefully i'll be able to guess who my santa is soon so i can thank them properly :biggrin:

I received my box o' love from my Secret Santa today as well it contained three of the toys r us two packs( black Spidey/Kraven, cosmic Spidey/ Venom, and Spidey/Shocker) and a Blue SDCC 08 blank. Wow thanks so much Deadpoo..... uh.. Santa :D

What would make you think me?

Also, to MY Santa, I would like those two packs so if you haven't gotten my stuff...

Dear Secret Santa of mine,

In the odd chance that you are cursing me for not being "list"-y enough, I made a new Have/Want post to help you. Thanks in advance for the present & know that I don't have the willpower to wait for the 24th/25th to open it. :D

Appreciatively yours,

Jenny