UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers #1 Contest

buttheadsmate

It's apparently Minimates Week & I decided that I'd run a little contest of my own....Avengers #1 Contest. This coming week (we hope) brings us The Avengers #1 Box Set. This highly anticipated box-set will ,obviously, be much sought-after & includes Iron-Man,Ant-Man/Giant-Man,The Hulk & The Wasp.

It doesn't include however the Mighty Thor for some 'God knows' reason :(post-638-1225188100_thumb.jpg

It also doesn't include Captain America who as all purists know was being 'kept on ice' until 'The Mighty Thaw' :D

...... & Loki was the villain the Avengers had to battle first ....sadly he too is not included.

First Prize in my competition will be 'Avengers' Wave 16 which includes Thor,Loki,Quicksilver,She-Hulk,Wonder Man & The Scarlet Witch which will be 'case-fresh' in their original packaging . First Prize will also include a 'freshly de-frosted ' Captain America & Absorbing Man ,Wave 5 ,2 pack. This version of Captain America is often considered 'the members' favourite' & again is minty fresh in its original packaging.

Depending on the interest (or not!) in the contest further prizes may be offered with the First Prize being upgraded with an addition of Bearded Thor.

There are few rules to this competition except my decision is final,all comments to be made only in the thread & I don't want PMs regarding it . I have no affiliation with any organisation & this competition is solely my idea & my responsibilty.

I am not offering Avengers #1 Box-Set as a prize or anything else for sale.

I will update this thread within 24 hours with the details of how to win if sufficient interest has been generated. All the best, buttheadsmate.

Edited by buttheadsmate

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested. I passed on most of the Avengers series when it was out but since I started reading some of the older avengers stuff, I became interested and this seems like a good way to get them.

Sure count me in, of course depending on what the contest involves, despite being broke there is a limited amount of depravity that I will go through for minimates...

T.

Now that you mention it, the mind of BHM can be a frightening thing. . .but I say, let the depravity commence! Please tell us all the lurid details, oh pimp of the plastic.

Sure count me in, of course depending on what the contest involves, despite being broke there is a limited amount of depravity that I will go through for minimates...

T.

Now that you mention it, the mind of BHM can be a frightening thing. . .but I say, let the depravity commence! Please tell us all the lurid details, oh pimp of the plastic.

I'm afraid your obvious lust for depravity will not be sated by my little contest. :no: The contest will merely consist of a few Trivia-type questions with Marvel Minimates , The Avengers & Marvel Comics as the theme. The questions will be hard enough to make you think without being simple enough to insult your intelligence. There will also be a question that is quite difficult & one question you couldn't possibly know unless you were me :D The idea is to give everybody a chance of winning & the member who in my opinion (& only my opinion)* gets the most answers correct wins. I will be ruthlessly fair in my adjudication but be aware that extra marks will be awarded for spelling & humour :P Sorry Timbo this will obviously eliminate you :lol:

*I realise that sounds egotistical ,sorry ,but this is just a bit of fun & I don't want anybody 'kicking off' if they lose.

Tune in tomorrow , thankyou,bhm.

I doubt it, I see it being a bunch of questions and you just pm the answers type of contest.

.....is the only way I can think of to make things equal. Unfortunately that may open a 'can of worms' as only I will be privy to your answers . For that very reason I have included a question that only I know the precise answer to & will be used as the tie-breaker. Too many rules will spoil everything for everyone.

Bearded Thor 2 pack will be included as part of the First Prize .

I love to join your contest! Thanks a lot for making this up!

And thanks for keeping the time-zone problem in mind!

And concerning the

member who in my opinion (& only my opinion)* gets the most answers correct wins.
idea, this works fine for me. (Rule number one at the Irsih Pub Quiz - yes, I visit such strange places even in Germany - is "the quizmaster is always right, even if he's wrong, he's right.")

Go ahead, I'm pretty excited!

Hmm, since spelling and humour are factors in this, I better start watching BBC to shift into the proper mindset. I'm afraid I only know humor at the moment, with my dumbed down American mind. Those Brits wield their extra letters like badges of honor.

It's all we have left :(

Humor is welcome .

Hmm, since spelling and humour are factors in this, I better start watching BBC to shift into the proper mindset. I'm afraid I only know humor at the moment, with my dumbed down American mind. Those Brits wield their extra letters like badges of honor.

It's all we have left :(

Humor is welcome .

Bah! You still have... that is to say... yall are famous for... Hmm...

Bah! I say! BAH!

I was just thinking, that you could put up instead of an enormous and generous first price - including 5 2-packs, if I'm counting right! - more winners. Like first winner is allowed to choose two packs of those, second place is allowed to pick one of the remaining, third gets the one that's left behind. Just, you know, guessing and, well, um, hehe :blush:

On a seperate note, who am I to suggest anything and the contestmaster is always right...

(I guess, if it comes to shipping, everybody would help you out with a little money.)