UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers #1 Contest

buttheadsmate

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was missing pieces straight from the box. :( I also answered Deadpool because I thought when you said all minimates, you meant all, including upcoming ones. I even had the screen open and counted all the parts. I didn't count the main body however, as I though "how many parts" referred to the accs in the previous part of the question.

And in my defense, please note the time. I sent that thing in at like 4 in the morning. I couldn't have counted my own fingers correctly at that point.

Well, looks like I've lost already. Still, it was fun and I learned interesting stuff.

Heres all the questions & answers in the Avengers #1 Contest .

Certain questions esp. Question 12 caused problems but I took this into consideration in my judging & I can assure you that the 3 winners were 'clear winners' & nobody suffered because of a 'poorly defined question' I have marked with an asterisk (* not the Gaul) those questions that were contentious & I'll take any reasonable criticism on the chin.

Question 1. Which Marvel Minimate consists of the least parts .....other than Zombie Wasp? Wave 17 Sandman

Question 2. Who was the first person to decline membership of the Avengers? Namor

Question 3. Historically who is the 'earliest' Avenger who has not had a Minimate incarnation? Rick Jones

Question 4. Name 4 Marvel Minimates that have unique mouldings for their heads? Peter Parker Spider-Man,Venom (Tongue-out),The Leader,Zombie Col. America,Zombie Iron Man,Ultron,Mysterio* There are others!

Question 5. The Amazing Spider-Man issue #96 was especially relevant for what reason? Produced without approval of the comic code because of the 'drugs' issue.

Question 6. Which Marvel Minimates have non-plastic accessories? Prof.X,Santa Spidey,Civil War Cap.

Question 7. Which Marvel kubricks do not have a current or proposed Minimate equivalent? Morph,Omega Red,Doppelganger,Black Peter Porker,Peter Porker,Venom-Punisher *

Question 8. The Minimate version of Quicksilver joined the Avengers in which issue? #75 in his blue uniform.

Question 9. Which Marvel Minimate has the longest 'official' name? Unmasked Black-Suited Spider-Man

Question 10. Which Marvel Minimate has the most parts including accessories & how many? Taskmaster with 28 parts.*

Question 11. Wave 2 Black Spidey & Venom are the same except for their heads & have the least painted parts compared to any other Marvel Minimate. True or False? False 'the hands' are different & I would think that Ice-Man is less painted.

Question 12. Which Marvel Minimate 2-pack contained 2 completely unique variants? My answer was The Target 2 pack containing Ghost Rider & Daredevil .*

Question 13. Which Marvel Minimate has the smallest accessory? Clobbering-Time Thing's cigar.

Question 14. Which Marvel Minimate was the first to have a hairpiece included with it as an extra? Juggernaut Wave 5.

Question 15. I'm sure many of you are using Minimates Central as a resource for this quiz, it's a fantastic site & I love it . In the Central's Review of 'Ultimate Avengers DVD' Captain America a comparison is made with Wave 5 Captain America. The differences are clearly defined but in which other major way do these figures differ? White,Red,White,Red,White,Red not Red,White,Red etc.etc. around torso.

Question 16. Which Marvel Minimates set has packaging that features the most caricatures of Minimates on the front of the box? Giant-Size X-Men depicts the 6 characters contained plus 5 other original X-Men.

Question 17. Thor has never altered too dramatically since the early Sixties . If there was a Minimate version of Avengers #1 Thor that was accurate to the Avengers #1 comic version how would it differ from the current Minimate version of Thor? Your answer is to consist of three (or less )words . Circles, Dots,Orbs,Rings etc. etc.

Question 18. Which Marvel Minimate has a single body-part that will not fit any other Marvel Minimate? Venom's tongue which is removable :yes: * Somebody will probably say that you can 'stick' this elsewhere ....in his

hand

.Don't bother.

Tie Breaker:

Brian Braddock aka Captain Britain is older or younger than buttheadsmate ( me :rolleyes: ) By how many months?

Answers must be in the form of ' x months' followed by 'older/younger'

Brian Braddock was born on April 23rd. 1956 ..........I was 14 months & ten days old. I'll admit that he is looking a lot better than I do these days:sad:

TM2Dinobot answered this absolutely perfectly which is ..........creepy :ermm:

I will announce the winners in a few hours.

"It ain't Cap" Brian

Edited by buttheadsmate

Ah, Rick Jones!

Now that I'm allowed to talk about it, to get the correct birthdate of Brian Braddock was the hardest thing to do in the whole contest! (I only got it, when I was searching for Psylock's date of birth, for her being his twin sister!) And after that great effort, it wasn't easy to guess how old BHM is. I found some hints on it in the demographic thread, but that was really, really hard. So, Dinobot, I bow humbly before you!

Thanks for the answers and the whole contest, BHM!

There is nothing to moan about!

(except: q1 wave 17 Sandman? He even comes with two seperate arms. Ah, I just reread the question, I thought you ment including accesssories. OK. And, on q6, what part that comes with Prof. X isn't made of plastic? Don't consider this as complaining, I just wondered when I read it. I'm absolutely fine with your answers!)

:thanks:

Edited by Bob Harris

Well.....I feel completely dumb now.... :lol:

I'm curious on Question 6 also....Santa spidey I get now, but what about the other two?

Oh and 18....I'm assuming by body part you didn't mean accessory cause I said Zombie Ironman's face plate

Still, great contest....and now knowing the answers, I CLEARLY have no chance! lol

yeah, so I don't know what I was thinking on my answer to the tie breaker, cuz I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off :tongue: And I also didn't think of prof x's wheelchair or santa spidey's hat. Doh! I answered #11 exactly the same, and Iwas going to say Namor for question 2, but I found info online that said Spidey was the first to decline... oh well... it was fun, thanks BHM!!!

BS

I'm curious on Question 6 also....Santa spidey I get now, but what about the other two?

I don't know if Prof. X's wheelchair has like rubber wheels or so, but Civil War Cap has metallic handcuffs.

Oh and 18....I'm assuming by body part you didn't mean accessory cause I said Zombie Ironman's face plate

That's a good one. I went for Mysterio's Cape, cause I thought that no other than his fishbowl head could be placed there.

The thing I REALLY appreciated is, that I never before looked so closely on all those fantastic Minimates that've been created yet!

!

The winners of this competition are :

FIRST PRIZE goes to BOB HARRIS and BLACKSUN1520 !!!!!!! It was just too close to call so I decided they are joint Winners & both will receive Marvel Wave 17 including Thor Variant & Wave 5 Captain America.

SECOND PRIZE goes to MATTALICA , who will receive Marvel Wave 17 (No variant) & Wave 5 Captain America.

Congratulations !

Well done everybody who entered :biggrin:

Some contentious answers there! Also some that are subject to probably a wider range of answers that your official one. An example would be which two pack has two unique variants.... I put Iron Man Silver Centurion/Classic as both are variants of an existing character anda two pack. Also I have an issue with "venoms tonue" as I have two of them here and it is definitely not removable.

Oh well, from he answers you've given I'm not going to win it anyway so its no biggie.

Despite the above, Thanks for holding the contest it was fun scratching my head trying to find the answers :)

T.

FIRST PRIZE goes to BOB HARRIS and BLACKSUN1520 !!!!!!! It was just too close to call so I decided they are joint Winners & both will receive Marvel Wave 17 including Thor Variant & Wave 5 Captain America.

SECOND PRIZE goes to MATTALICA , who will receive Marvel Wave 17 (No variant) & Wave 5 Captain America.

Congratulations !

WOW, really?! that is cool, after the answers were posted i didnt think i stood a chance as i missed a couple.

Thanks BHM for a real fun contest and some great prizes :thumbsup::):teehee:

congrats to Bob Harris(between this contest and the AA one he is doing quite well, too well methinks :) )and Blacksun1520

for those wondering Prof X wheelchair sports a metal axle -M

Some contentious answers there! Also some that are subject to probably a wider range of answers that your official one. An example would be which two pack has two unique variants.... I put Iron Man Silver Centurion/Classic as both are variants of an existing character and a two pack. Also I have an issue with "venoms tonue" as I have two of them here and it is definitely not removable.

Oh well, from he answers you've given I'm not going to win it anyway so its no biggie.

Despite the above, Thanks for holding the contest it was fun scratching my head trying to find the answers :)

T.

Timbo ,only one person agreed with my 'answer' for Question 12 & just about everybody else said IM/SC ! It didn't matter either way as it turned out. I cannot vouch for your Venoms Tongue but every one I have & another I have just removed from a sealed pack (moments ago) to check has a removable tongue. Many people got this correct!

Congratulations !

WOW, really?! that is cool, after the answers were posted i didnt think i stood a chance as i missed a couple.

Thanks BHM for a real fun contest and some great prizes :thumbsup::):teehee:

congrats to Bob Harris(between this contest and the AA one he is doing quite well, too well methinks :) )and Blacksun1520

for those wondering Prof X wheelchair sports a metal axle -M

Well done Matt & thanks for explaining that 'Prof. X ' accessory for me. Mr.Fantastic's arms were other items that aren't totally plastic . Only 1 person got 3 out of a possible 4.

An example would be which two pack has two unique variants.... I put Iron Man Silver Centurion/Classic as both are variants of an existing character anda two pack.

I answered th same thing, TBT!, for the same reason. I guess, to bring up unambiguous questions is a hard job - I tried to do that in a completely different context. It works well untill the first answers come in, which showed me that being precise is much harder than I could possibly afford.

BUT:

Woohoo! :P

Thank you very much BHM and congratulations to the other lucky ones!!!

congrats to Bob Harris (between this contest and the AA one he is doing quite well, too well methinks :) )

blush.gifHihi. But you know what? Since it's pretty tough to get Mates here in Germany, I thought that would be my big chance!

Good job guys, congratulations!!

My answers for The two uniques in a 2 pack question were Gaijin Wolverine and Mariko, Classic Iron Man and Silver Centurion, Power Man and Iron Fist, Peter Parker and Mary Jane, I didn't even remember the Ghost Rider/Daredevil Target pack...lol

Congrats guys, and thanks to BHM for the awesome contest. Sheer laziness kept me from entering, but it looks like I was on a similar wave length in regards to some of the answers. The Quicksilver one kept me from entering though, since I didn't feel like digging through back issues of ToyFare for the first ad that featured Quicksilver's 'mate form.

Oh, and Zombie Iron Man's head isn't a unique part, particularly since the Iron Man Through the Ages box set came out.

Did anyone try to use Galactus or the Sentinel for the questions regarding mates not made of plastic or ones featuring the least number of pieces?

Congrats guys, and thanks to BHM for the awesome contest. Sheer laziness kept me from entering, but it looks like I was on a similar wave length in regards to some of the answers. The Quicksilver one kept me from entering though, since I didn't feel like digging through back issues of ToyFare for the first ad that featured Quicksilver's 'mate form.

Oh, and Zombie Iron Man's head isn't a unique part, particularly since the Iron Man Through the Ages box set came out.

Did anyone try to use Galactus or the Sentinel for the questions regarding mates not made of plastic or ones featuring the least number of pieces?

As I found to my cost its the interpretation of the questions that 'you' set, that can be your undoing. I have long regarded the Galactus & Sentinel figures as 'Maximates' but I realise now that they are actually known officially as Minimate-Max figures & their composition was described meticulously by Luke314pi in his Minimate Factory ,they have no accessories of any description & consist of multiple parts exceeding those of The Sandman. There names did crop up once .

The whole contest was a learning curve for me as well because I do not think of myself as a Minimate Know-All ,I'm a fan. For example I would never have thought of Prof.X as a Minimate with a non-plastic accessory ,I realised it when the answers started coming in. 'Quicksilver' as a question occurred to me when I finally realised WTF was 'wrong' with him in blue & not green as I first remembered him in the early Avengers comics I read in the Sixties.

I could explain away my reasoning for MY answer for Question 12. but what would it prove & it wouldn't change the results at all :biggrin:

I'm glad that you all enjoyed it .

It's nice to see that there are no Thor losers :sick:

How many days have you been waiting to use "thor losers" BHM? :tongue:

It was a great contest and really made people work for it.

Good job. :thumbsup:

Oh, and my 2 pack variant answer was Black Spider-man/ Venom w/ tongue. My reasoning was that both were variants/rare figures in 1 pack. The normal pack was BD Spider-man with Venom. Only a few packs had black spider-man... Only a fraction of those were from Canada where Venom with a tongue was included.

That's right... "best answer" right over here. :whistling: