UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers #1 Contest

buttheadsmate

How many days have you been waiting to use "thor losers" BHM? :tongue:

It was a great contest and really made people work for it.

Good job. :thumbsup:

Oh, and my 2 pack variant answer was Black Spider-man/ Venom w/ tongue. My reasoning was that both were variants/rare figures in 1 pack. The normal pack was BD Spider-man with Venom. Only a few packs had black spider-man... Only a fraction of those were from Canada where Venom with a tongue was included.

That's right... "best answer" right over here. :whistling:

That '2 pack variant question ' is going to haunt me but I really enjoyed the contest overall. Thankyou.

Regarding Venom's tongue I wonder whether there are in fact 'versions' of that figure . TBT is adamant 'his' isn't removable which leads me to think that maybe that the TRU 10 pack item might be different to the Target 2 pack &/or the Canadian 2 pack . It breaks my heart opening box-sets & ripping 'mates apart so I'll leave it to somebody else now. :biggrin:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I'm allowed to talk about it, to get the correct birthdate of Brian Braddock was the hardest thing to do in the whole contest! (I only got it, when I was searching for Psylock's date of birth, for her being his twin sister!) And after that great effort, it wasn't easy to guess how old BHM is. I found some hints on it in the demographic thread, but that was really, really hard. So, Dinobot, I bow humbly before you!

I get by with a little help from my friends. *bows* Honestly, the biggest clue I found was in the Dr. Who thread, when BHM said he was 10 when Avengers #1 came out. That was the closest I could get. But then a friend of mine (he's on here but lurks. not sure on his SN) showed me the old board archive. I looked up BHM's profile from a year ago and *BAM* got it in one.

Man, I did a LOT worse on these than I thought I did. I didn't know that a lot of these needed more than one answer. Though I could barely see the screen, so that's not surprising. Note to self, no more entering contests at 4 in the morning. >.<

Regarding Venom's tongue I wonder whether there are in fact 'versions' of that figure . TBT is adamant 'his' isn't removable which leads me to think that maybe that the TRU 10 pack item might be different to the Target 2 pack &/or the Canadian 2 pack . It breaks my heart opening box-sets & ripping 'mates apart so I'll leave it to somebody else now. :biggrin:

My Venom with tongue came from one of the two-packs, can't remember who he was packed with now, so I don't know if it was Target or Canadian. As far as I'm aware the tongue is fixed. Otherwise what would the point be of the alternate head?

Does that help at all?

My Venom with tongue came from one of the two-packs, can't remember who he was packed with now, so I don't know if it was Target or Canadian. As far as I'm aware the tongue is fixed. Otherwise what would the point be of the alternate head?

Does that help at all?

I guess it does but if you pull the tongue out :tongue: you are left with an obvious little hole right in the middle of his 'grin'. If you've ever seen a picture of me I have the same grin on a similar mouth with a similar gap in my teeth.

For the record I've just pulled another tongue out of yet another random Tongued Venom.....same result.

OK now you lot have had it ......I'm going to post pictures.....& you know how good I am at that. :ermm:

The pictures:

post-638-1226336866_thumb.jpg post-638-1226336892_thumb.jpg

Note the square hole in the head & the square peg on the tongue-end.The tongue-plastic doesn't appear to be black,more like white.

Once the tongue is removed it can be replaced correctly or not :wub:

post-638-1226337857_thumb.jpg

Have we licked this?

Edited by buttheadsmate

Does that help at all?

I guess it does but if you pull the tongue out :tongue: you are left with an obvious little hole right in the middle of his 'grin'. If you've ever seen a picture of me I have the same grin on a similar mouth with a similar gap in my teeth.

For the record I've just pulled another tongue out of yet another random Tongued Venom.....same result.

Just gave mine a tug(fnarrrrr!) and it definitely didn't want to come loose.

Obviously a strange situation where different people are seeing different things.

I have handled probably a dozen Venoms with tongues and none have had tongues that were not Glued or stuck very solidly in place. It's obviously a seperate moulded piece but hardly pop and play removable like an arm or leg joint etc.

T.

Obviously a strange situation where different people are seeing different things.

I have handled probably a dozen Venoms with tongues and none have had tongues that were not Glued or stuck very solidly in place. It's obviously a seperate moulded piece but hardly pop and play removable like an arm or leg joint etc.

T.

It's about time you turned up :thumbsup: .....swords, epees or pistols?

post-638-1226347597_thumb.jpg .....& I guess that's not Silver Spider-man because he's not in a numbered bag :biggrin:

I have 1 that's stuck good. i have another that pops right out. odd...

Put the one with the removable tongue on ebay because these are now decidely rare :rolleyes:

It's about time you turned up :thumbsup: .....swords, epees or pistols?

.....& I guess that's not Silver Spider-man because he's not in a numbered bag :biggrin:

lol Is someone is mistaking my curiousity over differing mate built quality as something more?

As for the Silver-Spidey... it's obviously Spiderman and silver so I guess it counts ;)

T.

I guess the solution to the whole problem is that BHM just got thorlike strength. Or is he in fact a variant, so he got beardedthorlike strength?

:P

Be careful ,be very careful ! I have had to send out 4 Thors today including 2 Bearded Thors & I am not in the best of moods having come to terms with my misguided philanthropy .

Did you realise that Thor's hammer had a removable handle ? Yours has! :lol:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Did you realise that Thor's hammer had a removable handle ? Yours has! :lol:

But, the rare "battle damaged hammer" Thor variant is one of your prized possessions, isn't it? Well, at least you aren't sending him your elusive "Thor in Riot Spidey disguise."