UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant work Luke.

These are just awesome. I'm gonna second UK_COLLECTOR's sentiments and say that the undead monster is my favourite too.. I'm a huge fan of all of your new batch, but particularly love the Skeleton Queen & Skeleton Harpie.

Great to see someone giving AA/DST a run for their money Luke!

:ohmy: (don't know where to find the jaw dropping smiley).

These look awesome Luke :D Definitly going to have to buy the three new sets for all my ghost and monster fighting minimates.

Only down side is my wallet is crying in the corner :P;)

Edited by pawcanada

Cool designs, very original characters and brilliant execution (as usual). What did you use for your undead monster? A white blank mate or did you color him white? If so, what paint did you use? I'm not very comfortable with my Games Workshop skull white. The color itself is good, but it doesn't look as smooth as I want it to be.

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun with these!

Cool designs, very original characters and brilliant execution (as usual). What did you use for your undead monster? A white blank mate or did you color him white? If so, what paint did you use? I'm not very comfortable with my Games Workshop skull white. The color itself is good, but it doesn't look as smooth as I want it to be.

The Undead Monster uses Anti-Venom sans chest piece as a base, with new decals and some new Sharpie work. :)

Hey guys,

As you might have seen in the Charitymates thread, I am pledging to auction off one custom minimate per month to support various charities. The first of these monthly Charitymates auctions starts today, and here is the item up for grabs:

Metal Skeleton with claws

77e92aa5.jpg

All proceeds will support Convoy of Hope, just like the larger Charitymates event coming in June. This is a 5 day auction ending on April 28th. You can view the auction here on ebay: Metal Skeleton Custom Minimate

This custom has decals for his face, chest, back, and shins, with the rest of the decal work done with Citadel Mithril Silver paint and a Sharpie. Hopefully this character is generic enough not to cross any licensing boundaries. ;)

This is not my entry for Charitymates 4. That will be coming soon.

Thanks for looking!

A bunch of new characters from my Skeleton Lords line of customs:

Skeleton King and Royal Guard

king_guard.jpg

Skeleton Queen and Undead Monster

queen_monster.jpg

Skeleton Harpie and Jester

harpie_jester.jpg

Skeleton Lords group shot

skeleton_lords.jpg

Coming to the store on Tuesday. :)

WHAT?! These are Wonderful, Luke! Oh man, I want all dem bones!

Had you thought about how the Skeleton Lords may compliment the upcoming Pirates Minimate line when you created these? If so, splendid idea, I think they'd go together like two mystical, swashbuckling peas in a pod... or boat.

Luke, I really admire not just your creativity and skill in making custom mates, but also your ingenuity in finding ways to repurpose the sets of mates you have in stock at your store. I love that you were able to create new mates from those existing parts, and still have continuity across a theme.

Once again, bravo.

Thanks everyone! :D

Wow, I never even knew that show existed. It actually looks kind of awesome.

Had you thought about how the Skeleton Lords may compliment the upcoming Pirates Minimate line when you created these? If so, splendid idea, I think they'd go together like two mystical, swashbuckling peas in a pod... or boat.

The thought had definitely crossed my mind. Ideally I would like to have a huge world of fantasy-based minimates. I will have more coming soon, including a Thieves Guild 2-pack. I really make these customs for myself first, and then add them to the store for everyone else later. :)

Hey Luke any chance you'd try your hand at accessories?

My molding and casting experiments with accessories have not worked out so far, so now I am limited to making accessories out of existing items such as Lego and BrickArms for the bulk stuff, and sculpting them out of apoxie sculpt for the one-time stuff.

I don't know if this helps or not Luke, but a lot of the smaller official accessories DST puts out seem to be made of a different material from the Minimates themselves. They're kind of softer and more flexible, like a soft-ish plastic or vinyl or durable rubbery stuff or something. This is really only evident when you inspect accessories like bo staffs, swords and some of the really small BSG stuff (books, picture frames, bottles/flasks) by hand.

• 3 weeks later...

New DC customs! Technically these were commissions, but I made duplicates for myself of half of them. ;)

Superman/Batman

supermanbatman.jpg

All the parts you would expect, with decals for the face and chest.

Scarecrow

scarecrow.jpg

Hat and neck details sculpted with Fixit Sculpt, decal for face.

Alan Scott

alan_scott.jpg

Decals for face and chest, can't remember which cape I modified.

Solomon Grundy

grundy-1.jpg

2.5" mate hand painted with Fixit Sculpt for the details.

Firestorm

firestorm.jpg

Decal for chest, modified Iron Man helmet with modified Human Torch flame.

Brainiac

brainiac.jpg

Decals for face and chest, Fixit Sculpt for additional details, and although you can't really see it, his head, chest, and arms are from a transparent minimate, with parts painted over, and parts left open.

Also I listed another monthly custom minimate for charity:

Velociraptor

velociraptor-1.jpg

I didn't have time to make a new custom this month, so this one is from my own collection, from way back when we had the Sci-Fi Minimates Custom Contest here at MMV. :)

Here is a link to the auction: Custom Velociraptor Minimate

It's only a 3 day auction this time, so don't miss out!

Oh Geez Luke! Wow!

They are all stellar. I love Solomon & Scarecrow. Any new Batman rogue is always awesome, but these are particularly nice. . . and i need that Green Lantern (My golden age flash is lonely!)

I think the standout for me though is Firestorm! he looks so dynamic & bright & well made. You've made me really interested in a character that i have never cared enough about to investigate further before.

Awesome work luke.

PS: Could you maybe Back-light Brainiac to show off his transparent parts?