UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that didn't escape my keen eye ;) I got very excited, then thought the more plausible explanation would be it was cut off, and glued into a new position. But I'm still holding out hope.

You are correct, sir. I didn't like him pointing his arm out, so I snapped it off (the arms are glued into non-articulation friendly pegs) and dremeled it to fit the peg in this position.

And Luke gets there before Tarot to give us an underwear model :D

I tried to make mine more tasteful. :P

:D once every month or so(give or take) luke shows off his brilliance for all to see and when he does it shines brighter than the sun in other words.....WOW

now i cant wait to see galactus square off against someone his own size or if thats not possible than stiltman

LUKE!

Amazing digs, muh man!

This morning I went through your customs thread from pg 1 - current & your work is stunning. You are indeed a master of your craft, buddy.

Ha, something else I noticed, and you may have too by now, but has anyone else seen how coincidental it is that Luke seems to put out a custom that not too far thereafter, Art Asylum seems to put out out the same character as one of their own, just modified? I would never have noticed this if I hadn't gone through everything in order, and who knows, maybe I'm just a looney bird ( I was abducted once, lol bs) & may be reading this all wrong, but there's no doubt they are watching you and if they like something a lot, they make it official.

Ha, now if I find out you actually design for Art Asylum I'm gonna feel really stupid.

But yeah, I'm indubitably impressed and when the time comes, I would love to call on you for a couple of customs if you had time. They're based on a couple of characters from an art series. They need to look as pro as possible (even boxed - which you are also the man with), because the goal is for these to be preliminary prototypes to be presented with the prospect of getting a limited # to be released with the exhibition debut. Believe it or not, I have a friend who may actually be able to make this happen (knock on wooden crossed fingers), as he was the cool cat responsible for helping the Serial Killer bring the Nahualli to life. All praise the num-nums!

Your work is supeeerrb, Mr. Luke. Sometime, could you send me your usual custom fees? It really wouldn't be awhile before I could do this, but as of now, I know you're my #1 draft pick :)

I'm hoping to pick up those skeleton warriors before anyone else does.

Peace n' Carrots

Alright guys, Obama has been replaced by Mobsters. :P

J.P., thank you very much for the comments, and I will definitely get in touch with you. :)

I do have one new set of customs to share with you all:

Resident Evil 2

RE2-2.jpg

Clockwise from the front we have Leon S. Kennedy, Claire Redfield, Hunk, and Ada Wong. I will have pictures of the custom packaging up soon.

The person who commissioned these also requested an 11"x17" poster, which I just finished this morning:

RE_poster.jpg

This was definitely a fun poster to design. :)

You know that I am mostly ignorant when it comes to video games and Resident Evil is no exception. That said - once more - I thought about what it is that impresses me most looking at your new mates. And I guess it's the simplicity that you don't realize at the first glance. I mean, besides the gas-mask-dude, the other three characters are basicly vanilla mates. Okay, they do have hair pieces and Claire got an aditional knive (awesome!) and Ada wears a skirt. But that's it. I'd consider recent official mates coming like that as pretty underequipped. But yours don't appear to be that simple. And that's - here's the conclusion and it's not a surpise - because of your amazingly clever paint jobs/decal designs! You got brilliant details like Leon's torso and arms without the need to bulk him up. You're still #1! :thumbsup:

Love the Resident Evil as well! RE 2 had the crappiest designs IMO, but that doesn't mean you made crappy minimates! Love the look of the Hunk soldier (or is he a stand alone character? Never played #2), and as Bob said, excellent job with the detailing on otherwise standard minimates.

• 4 weeks later...