UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate con exclusives and giveaways

rsprin

Is there a checklist for convention and giveaway exclusives? I don't mean blanks but other like the spidey elf, cylon elf, 07' Hunt, starbuck, etc. Trying to keep track of what I'm missing and with over 500 mates including blanks etc getting a bit overwelming. Thanks for your help, sorry if I've missed something!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Is there a price guide on the blank minimates? I'm not talking ebay here. I have two blue blanks from Wizard World Texas in 2005. I really would just like to trade them for other colors. I'm guessing a straight up trade is fair, or is it? Or are others worth more? I'm sure I need to lurk moar in the flea market section. But what about the value?

post-2791-1231564992_thumb.jpg

Is there a price guide on the blank minimates? I'm not talking ebay here. I have two blue blanks from Wizard World Texas in 2005. I really would just like to trade them for other colors. I'm guessing a straight up trade is fair, or is it? Or are others worth more? I'm sure I need to lurk moar in the flea market section. But what about the value?

Actually the blue ones were harder to find because no hardly anyone went to WW texas ;)

So you should be able to trade for any other 2005 colors, fairly easily.

Other than that if you want to know relative values of minimates either ask one of the buys with high feedback or make a post and ask, Prices tend to fluctuate but we should be able to give you an idea.

T.

Actually the blue ones were harder to find because no hardly anyone went to WW texas ;)

So you should be able to trade for any other 2005 colors, fairly easily.

Other than that if you want to know relative values of minimates either ask one of the buys with high feedback or make a post and ask, Prices tend to fluctuate but we should be able to give you an idea.

T.

Thanks!! I need to trade these cos I already have one and need all the others from 2005.

How do you build feedback on here? I'm guessing the blocks under your name is your feedback.

Being a newbie sux, kill me.

Thanks!! I need to trade these cos I already have one and need all the others from 2005.

How do you build feedback on here? I'm guessing the blocks under your name is your feedback.

Being a newbie sux, kill me.

Lol no worries everyone here was a newbie once, at least you are asking smart questions. :)

Feedback is left after successful trades in the master feedback list thread.

T.

p.s. I'll trade you a green WW2005 for one of your blues, shoot me a PM if interested.

• 3 months later...

argh son of a bitch....I must now contemplate my status of completeness on the promo minimates....I have a pretty complete collection so far but after giving up the complete status on the regular minimates I must also look at these guys and wonder if I really HAVE to have them all or if I can just be happy with one....or two....or three...oh bloody hell lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

They are cool but I have a problem with them. Minimate joints are snug they are not super tight and only with a little pull you can take off an arm or a leg which is good for say a custom but not so good on a keychain. I can see these easily coming to pieces if they where used for what they where meant for, but hey its a promo no I in their right mind would use it as a keychain right!?!

argh son of a bitch....I must now contemplate my status of completeness on the promo minimates....I have a pretty complete collection so far but after giving up the complete status on the regular minimates I must also look at these guys and wonder if I really HAVE to have them all or if I can just be happy with one....or two....or three...oh bloody hell lol

I gave up on collecting all the promos about two years ago. They cost so much more than the average minimate that I just couldn't justify the expense anymore. Plus I ran out of room for them on my shelf, which definitely helped. ;)

To me, it's not the price so much as it is how rare they are. They don't show up very much at all around here or on eBay. I know the few I've gotten I always just luck into and can't expect that to happen every time. I've got three now that I'm holding onto, but am just looking to trade or sell them when I find someone interested. I know if I keep them, I'll want more. 'If you give a groundhog a promo-mate...'

... where does the keychain go? :blink:

I find it pretty funny that "Fanboy" has started his foray into variant overkill as well. He sure went a long way for a one-off civvie mate in cargo shorts.

(I want one :()

I'm locked into collecting the bloody things . I am sad,seriously sad. I am 2 short of having all of the buggers .

.....or I was :sad:

Wait there are mates you don't own? I thought you had multiples of nearly everyone. Which ones are you missing?

They are cool but I have a problem with them. Minimate joints are snug they are not super tight and only with a little pull you can take off an arm or a leg which is good for say a custom but not so good on a keychain. I can see these easily coming to pieces if they where used for what they where meant for, but hey its a promo no I in their right mind would use it as a keychain right!?!

I personally wouldn't use these for their intended purpose, but I have had an ECCC green blank as a keychain for about 2 years now, and have only lost 1 part, the right knee broke at the joint. All the other parts are pretty snug, I did however need to put a small piece of scotch tape around the hip peg to keep the legs from getting lost. I also have one hanging from the rearview mirror in my car, looks pretty cool when the sun shines through it.

BS

I'm locked into collecting the bloody things . I am sad,seriously sad. I am 2 short of having all of the buggers .

.....or I was :sad:

Wait there are mates you don't own? I thought you had multiples of nearly everyone. Which ones are you missing?

2003 SDCC Yellow & 2003 NY Toy Fair Blue (bagged) are the two I am missing. I have multiples of most others that I'd trade for these.