What Are You Playing

neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I played a little more of LBP last night. But I have to say, I think I'm addicted to Fable II. Again, I never played the first one, so this is a brand new experience for me. I actually think I like the game more than Oblivion. I actually progressed a little last night and left Bowerstone. I just found "Hammer". I can't wait to play all weekend! neo

Whilst not exactly "modern," I've just discovered Max Payne 1 and 2. Had absolutely NOTHING to do with the movie being out--honest--my friend and I were looking for games using the Havok physics engine. First game to do so was Payne 2. Quite fun. Very dark, but fun.

Movie sucked, though. Unfortunate, but not unexpected. :(

So I beat Fable 2 last night. I have to say it was rather anti-climatic. I enjoyed the game, and am not finished with it yet. I think that I am going to trade it in for Gears of War 2 though, as that can be played for much longer than a week.

as that can be played for much longer than a week.

Yeah, that was another complain that I had with Fable 2, ITS TOO SHORT! It took me a week to beat and to buy the castle. The length was the only disappointing factor of the game though.

Seems to me that games are getting shorter, I'm getting better at them or if it's just that I have way too much time on my hands at the moment?

In the last two weeks I've played and finished both Farcry2 and Fallout3! games that I'd hoped would keep me occupied until at least the new year...

I played far cry to death for a whole week and it was pretty addictive and fun. plus there is the online and map editor that I haven't touched yet so it gets pretty good marks from me.

Fallout 3 on the other hand... It's supposed to be a big epic adventure that takes forever to play... I finished the main quest in 4 days... I also finsihed up a bunch of side quests...

Between it's everywhere feels the same grey pallette and the fact it was so short I'm going to have to say that it qualifies as my biggest dissapointment in a long time game wise.

I haven't played fable 2 yet because buying 3 games in two weeks was out of my budget bad enough stumping up for 2.

I'm starting to wonder if I should give up buying games and start to rent games even supposed epics like Fallout or Fable if they can be completed in a week.

T.

I am really surprised that Fallout 3 is that short. Maybe the lack of online competitive multiplayer makes games seem longer than they are. I know that Gears of War 2 is going to keep me in front of my X-Box for a very very long time once I get it.

Right now for the sub-mainstream games and some mainstream games, I might start making more stops to Blockbuster (movie and game rental place) or just get Gamefly.

Edited by NINTENDOwii

I really think it's all in the WAY you play. You can speed run though anything. I've heard a statistic that MOST (see: not all) story driven games can be beat in 1 hour or less be the people who have made them or fanatics who memorize them. To me, what extends the life of a game is getting lost in the game and becoming part of that world.

I've played Fable II since launch, maybe close to 10 or 12 hours, and I've only found the 1st (or 3) heroes. I have two families, a kid, several shops, I've unlocked a lot of my magic powers and tons of other stuff. So, I know that I'll probably get 30+ hours out of Fable. So, I really just think it's the way you play the game, and if you are always playing for the ending then you will almost always be dissapointed!

On another note, I'm picking up Quantum of Solace tomorrow. The game is not getting much love, but I still find myself drawn to it. I can't understand how a game build on the COD4 engine with James Bond can be that bad! Anyone else interested in QoS? neo

I found a Wii Fit over the weekend, but I've read some lukewarm reviews so I'm debating whether or not to keep it or take it back...

Does anybody that has played it have any opinions on Wii Fit?

It's not "FUN".

If you are looking to tone a little muscle, maybe drop a few pounds and are consistant it's a great tool. But if you are looking for a game to enjoy and have fun with it's really a waste.

I have it, I haven't stepped on the board in over 4 months. I worked our for about a month straight (lost about 12 pounds too). After that it was every now and then, until I realized that I don't like working out and that dang board isn't much fun. So, I threw in Call of Duty and went back to being chubby and having fun!

If you can afford and it and will put it to good use, it's worth it. But if you are looking for the next "Wii Sports" you will be truly disappointed! neo

Neo is right about how you play games. For example, I layed down 60 bucks for Fable 2. Looking back on that, I realized that I should have rented it, but cannot due to the fact that I have the game. So with that said, my pre-christmas goal is to keep playing Fable 2(Don't forget CoD 4 also) untill christmas. On the other note, Gears of War 2 is coming out on Friday and is allready getting good reviews. I know that I will buy this game but wait a while and avoid the rush of First-day release.

I'm trading in Fable 2 for Gears of War 2 tomorrow. I'm so excited for it.

No Gears for me. I have no interested in that game whatsoever.

I have been playing Quantum of Solace recently, and I have to say it's really good. I'll have to play some more, but every time I go to put it in, my Fable II case looks at me with those sad eyes :). neo

So I got Gears today.

WOW!

That pretty much sums it up. The experience is so intense. I love it. New executions are awesome, the new weapons are fun, the graphics are amazing. Its such a fun game to me.

Neo, you wouldn't like it. The violence is very graphic and OTT, and the swearing is not held back.

Of course these are qualities I look for in a game. Gears>Fable

I got GOW2 last night also, and I really enjoy the gameplay. The language is harsh, but it's no worse than I hear at work on a daily basis so I really don't pay much attention to it.

I love taking cover and firing blindly over the top and taking out those dirty Locusts. This game is intense!

Im on live!

How do i get "friends" or whatever. I'd love to play some of you guys in halo!

Just drop your gametag here on the board. We'll all send you a friend invite and we can play!

Or, if you'd like to look me up, send me an invite to: neoiego (as shown below)! neo

my gamertag is: PeachyRhombus :angry:

I had problems setting my gamertag up, and didn't realize that when it said "gamertag is already in use" that it ment somebody already has that gamertagm, until AFTER i chose one of theirs.

I can't wait to get a points card and change it. (face palm)

Hit me up, and i'll be ready to play!

I am curious to hear if the story is better in GoW2. I thought the first one was lacking in that department. Does the new one explain more about... well everything?

Yes. A hell of a lot more. I haven't finished it yet, but i believe we discover the origin of the Locust. There are many plotlines tied to characters, such as Dom, and a much bigger feel to the war, ie lots of allies and other missions happening.

Also neo, it may interest you that there is actually a language and gore filter on Gears of War 2. I haven't put it on yet, naturally, but I will give it a whirl for you if you like.

And punisher, if you don't like your gamertag, but haven't paid for it, ie you're using the month trial, I believe you can just make a new account with your chosen gamertag, and get the month trial on that.

Edited by Dan

Yeah, Dan's right. Of course, you will lose any achievements that you've unlocked, but if you are only on a trail version, just create a new gamertag.

The good news is you won't be stuck with a name you don't like. The bad news is, you'll have to unlock the stuff again, but that isn't so bad!

I am curious to hear if the story is better in GoW2. I thought the first one was lacking in that department. Does the new one explain more about... well everything?

Yes. A hell of a lot more. I haven't finished it yet, but i believe we discover the origin of the Locust. There are many plotlines tied to characters, such as Dom, and a much bigger feel to the war, ie lots of allies and other missions happening.

Thanks Dan, now I can add this to my must-have list. :)