UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

time for something different

seems like things have been a bit slow around here so heres a topic

Best/Worst costumes be sure to be specific as some characters have had more than one, supply pics if possible.

ok so ill start with Nightwings first costume as one for the Worst list what is he some kind of figure skater or something?

post-189-1209425975_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mattallica

I like that Nightwing costume!

George Perez did design some stinkers for the Teen Titans, though. They looked especially bad when drawn by other artists. Jericho leaps immediately to mind.

I still think the classics are the best, for the most part. Gil Kane's Green Lantern costume and Carmine Infantino's Flash design are just perfect.

Among replacement costumes, I think the black Spider- Man outfit is terrific. It's probably better then the original, but that one's so classic it's impossible to replace. I think the current Thor costume is really good, and I hope that one stays around (and that we get a Minimate of it!).

My least favorite costume of all time, though, is that modular Iron Man armor (the one he was wearing in his cartoon). Ugliest thing of all time, completely incongruous with the classic Iron Man style. I can't even read a comic with that armor in it.

Yes, that Nightwing costume is pretty bad. But someday, I will make that into a custom.

As for other bad costumes, Wonder Man's second costume was pretty bad:

post-66-1209481762_thumb.jpg

I'll second the vote that the black Spider-Man costume is great, and I like the Scarlet Spider costume too. I also like the black costume that Cap wore that became the USAgent's uniform. Also the clasic Nightcrawler costume - the perfect balance of red, black and white, topped off with the blue from Nightcrawler's skin.

Good costume: Stealth IM suit, very cool and very sleek. I almost prefer this to the the regular costume!

Bad costume: Most of Thor's beardier or armored variations. ( Although the new one is cool!)

T.

p.s. hellpop, the modern Thor costume is an easy quick custom... http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&id=1616

That's a nice custom. Where does the belt come from?

Good costume: Stealth IM suit, very cool and very sleek. I almost prefer this to the the regular costume!

Bad costume: Most of Thor's beardier or armored variations. ( Although the new one is cool!)

T.

p.s. hellpop, the modern Thor costume is an easy quick custom... http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&id=1616

That's a nice custom. Where does the belt come from?

Wave 3 Ult Wolverine.

I might have a spare if you don't have one or find its too hard to find, let me know.

T.

Worst (In my opinion): Dick Sprang Robin... with the little shorts and pixie boots.. <_<

also.. I'll agree much of george Perez's teen titan work...

The many different Giant man/goliath costumes... as well as the albino Vision...

the super boy with earings and a leather jacket.

Best: I love John Byrnes redesign of the fantastic four... with the dark blue cloth and the white boots.

Spider-man's armor plated costume rocked.. :lol:

The Ghost rider where he got the cool bike and chain... 80-90's

Technically not a costume but Ice-Man's original 1963 'form'. For the first time I had my own amazing teenage superheroes including.........'the amazing-white- blurry-mashed-potato-portion person' post-638-1209506062_thumb.png.....WTF was that all about??????

For those not sure this is the worst.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Oooohh... Justice... Isn't that with Alex Ross? :)

I love his work... so freaking Unbelievably cool! :lol:

I should get the collection from the library...

the super boy with earings and a leather jacket.

I hated that look as well. Hated that character too. I know that his character developed pretty far away from that original conception, but I could never look at him and not think "this is what happens when 40 year olds try be 'hip' and 'with it'."

That choice almost makes up for you dissing Pixie Boots. Almost. <_<

You guys have listed some pretty awful ones. However, that first Nightwing costume is always the first to come to mind when I think of awful costumes. I also hate to say it, because the book was so good and the art was awesome, but the redesign of Beast's outfit for Astonishing X-Men was really bad. Namor's little green Speedo is also pretty awful, though more of a non-outfit. I have bad dreams where I go out in public like that.

Also, while not bad in and of itself, Jim Lee's redesign of the Huntress outfit just didn't make sense for the character. The costume itself was okay, though, so I don't know if that should count here.

As far as good ones, I really like the one that we actually got as a Minimate, that being Jean Grey from New X-Men. The trench coat and dark gray top with the X-logo in yellow. And speaking of Jean, the red and yellow Dark Phoenix outfit was also pretty cool. I also abosolutely love the Ridder's outfit when he wears the suit and the bowler. He wore it frequently in the animated series.

Oooohh... Justice... Isn't that with Alex Ross? :)

I love his work... so freaking Unbelievably cool! :lol:

I should get the collection from the library...

Indeed it is. Alex Ross. A comic book demigod. Why demigod? Because if he's with a crappy writer it sucks. The comic Gods are Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale together. They have created the most perfect comics ever written. (ex. Long Halloween, Spider Man Blue.)

The comic Gods are Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale together.

I say Lee and Kirby, or Lee and Ditko. . .but I guess we are getting off topic.

I actually dig both the Wondertwins and the original Nightwing, I don't know why, but I dig them. . .something that I do not dig, however, is this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7...Youngblood1.jpg

Though Liefeld epitomized the worst of this, I have a strong, strong aversion to the "90s style," and the characters created by 90s artists, generally. In fact, part of why I really loved the Milligan/Allred X-Force/X-Statix books because they, and Allred's style particularly, seemed to be explicitly anti-what that whole scene was about.

As far as outfits that I really like, I would put Hawkeye and the modern, Alan Davis Captain Britain at the top of the Marvel list, and Mister Miracle, Speedy, and Ted Kord Blue Beetle at the top of my DC favorite.

Edited by karamazov80

Here's a website dedicated to BAD SUPERHERO COSTUMES.

The Clock King rocks!

http://www.heromachine.com/category/bad-su...ostumes/page/8/

As does the entire Justice League Antarctica. But this Prince Chaos guy appears even more awesome:

http://www.heromachine.com/category/bad-su...ostumes/page/3/

"In just this one issue, for instance, he turns into a life-preserver with a duck head, a bouncing toaster, and a freeway overpass.

In that kind of context, I suppose a mind-controlling, space-traveling, fur-clad, tiny-crotch-man-wearing lunatic actually seems pretty normal."

Edited by karamazov80

Another super hero fashion don't just came to mind.......

I agree... purple, purple, and yellow? With little fin-collars too. :biggrin:

I have bad memorys abouy the super friends....... * Tears up *

But to keep in subject:

Bad: Black goliath... with the exposed torso? <_< ?

Good: I always thought moon knight looked pretty cool...

Moon Knight.

The comic Gods are Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale together.

I say Lee and Kirby, or Lee and Ditko. . .but I guess we are getting off topic.

I actually dig both the Wondertwins and the original Nightwing, I don't know why, but I dig them. . .something that I do not dig, however, is this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7...Youngblood1.jpg

Though Liefeld epitomized the worst of this, I have a strong, strong aversion to the "90s style," and the characters created by 90s artists, generally. In fact, part of why I really loved the Milligan/Allred X-Force/X-Statix books because they, and Allred's style particularly, seemed to be explicitly anti-what that whole scene was about.

As far as outfits that I really like, I would put Hawkeye and the modern, Alan Davis Captain Britain at the top of the Marvel list, and Mister Miracle, Speedy, and Ted Kord Blue Beetle at the top of my DC favorite.

Except for the part about the Wonder Twins, I could've written this post. :biggrin:

Black Cat's 2nd (or 3rd, depending on your pov) costume was fairly bad. She broke her nose so she changed her costume to this lovely 80's number.

costume2.gif

I don't know which is worse; the fact that I know that or the fact that I think Black Cat has a bad costume. :( :blackcat: