UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

time for something different

The comic Gods are Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale together.

I say Lee and Kirby, or Lee and Ditko. . .but I guess we are getting off topic.

I actually dig both the Wondertwins and the original Nightwing, I don't know why, but I dig them. . .something that I do not dig, however, is this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7...Youngblood1.jpg

Though Liefeld epitomized the worst of this, I have a strong, strong aversion to the "90s style," and the characters created by 90s artists, generally. In fact, part of why I really loved the Milligan/Allred X-Force/X-Statix books because they, and Allred's style particularly, seemed to be explicitly anti-what that whole scene was about.

As far as outfits that I really like, I would put Hawkeye and the modern, Alan Davis Captain Britain at the top of the Marvel list, and Mister Miracle, Speedy, and Ted Kord Blue Beetle at the top of my DC favorite.

Except for the part about the Wonder Twins, I could've written this post. :biggrin:

"Wonder Twin powers activate! Form of a Lesbian."

"Hey sis, you haven't changed at all."

:biggrin:

For the best, I always liked the New X-Men look. I thought it was cool how they were all similar, uniting the X-Men as a team. Plus they blended in as everyday clothes.

As for the WORST, I will have to go with Psylocke when she entered the X-Men.

th_941667657_e83e3f5ccb.jpg

The sleeves are ridiculous.

Worst is definitely the Astonishing X-Men Beast I hate the costume and also the redesign look of the character.

I love the Secret Wars Spiderman black outfit it was my favorite super hero toy as a kid. The classic red and yellow Iron Man is great too (the movie was so amazing by the way).

I loved playing Marvel Ultimate Allinace because you could go through and change the characters outfits I don't know what the outfits are from but there was a really lame one for Blade in a yellow outfit.

Check this guy out:

Hasn't Arkansas suffered enough?

post-2001-1209698978_thumb.jpg

Reminds me of an old, incredibly obscure WWF wrestler from the 1990s named "Mantaur."

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/145/

You ain't gonna believe this :ohmy:

That IS the landlord of the 'Boars Head'. He was mean. Real mean.When business was bad he used to throw people INTO the pub :unsure: