UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Batman Q-Blox to be released.

The Avenger

Fresh off the apparent break-up of DC Direct and minimates, the Batman The Dark Knight liscence seems to have led to a new line of block figures called Q-Blox. Since this is part of a movie liscence it's possible that this has nothing to do with DC Direct or current minimate plans, but still, it feels shady. So much for ever seeing a Batman Begins minimates. :(

From Popbox, huh?

Not holding my breath...

Exactly. They're the same group who claimed they were brining IRobot mates to life. If you've been here any length of time, you know how well that turned out.

Maybe Popbox is the ShockerToys of Asia? Knock off minimate design, claim they're making all sorts of great figures based on licenses they have no conceivable reason to be able to get their hands on, never come out with said product. (The proto above even has Shockini hands.) Yep. Popbox = Shocker.

:D

That thing looks horrid. Reminds me of Palz.

Didn't like Palz then? :mellow: Without Palz I wouldn't have discovered 'Mates & I wouldn't have joined the MMMV!

.......oh I see :rolleyes:

My opinion of this Batman? I think they're better than Lego....is that OK?

Edited by buttheadsmate

Nope, that's not okay. :-) The LEGO Batman sets are really cool.

I can't imagine this having anything to do with the DC 'Mates thing. I can't imagine DCD dropping DST and 'Mates in order to make an Asian exclusive from a shady company.

Either way, that's an ugly block figure, and is way worse than PALz.

Popbox making their own mini-fig would seem to be the logical next step considering they hit roadblocks with using both I-Men and Minimates.

Doesn't change the fact that they look fuuugly though.

I don't care for it. It looks like a slightly better shockini to me. Having said that, I am a HUGE Batman fan, and if I found one cheap I would likely buy one just because. Definitely NOT a line I would have any interest in collecting, though.

Oh and I agree with infallible... the LEGO Batman sets rock!

That's.......... Craptacular!!! :sick:

Craptacular sounds about right.... this looks like the same high quality stuff you find hanging on a little peg stand on the counter of your favorite truck stop, right next to the disposable lighters and rubbers

I was quoting Bart Simpson(the Christmas episode). Looking at this next to a Minimate is like the Simpson's Christmas lights next to the Flanders'. :D

• 3 months later...
Just browsing some sites and found this at action-hq.compost-27-1218993363_thumb.jpg. Wow that sucks ass.. These are absolutely terrible. The kubrick Joker looks much better(to bad it's sooooo damn expensive :( )

:sick: Oh dear God [Runs to bathroom] That is possibly the most horrid thing I've ever seen. Still interested in the Joker N.G.?

Now I'll go look at the pics of the beautiful Invaders set to burn this one from my mind.