desperately seaking Susan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the preachfest begins! :down:

cough * douche bag * cough :yes:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Red-Rubber-Enema...1QQcmdZViewItem

I tried to PM you regarding this item you won on ebay. Unfortunately we have totally sold out of the blue ones,sorry! Be advised of our total discretion whilst dealing with this order. Regarding your cough this is probably due to you sucking rather than blowing with the old item you are replacing. ;)

thanks for trying to pm me, your mother has been on me for weeks to get this for her. :D

• 15 years later...

Forgive the necro thread .

I was inspired to hunt out this thread after seeing an US eBay listing for a Desperately Seeking Susan 2-pack which stated that the pack was ' RECALLED ' .....I don't recall that but I have been known to be wrong ?

That aside , reading back through a fifteen year old thread was, to me at least, very interesting !  :huh: 

The description says it was recalled due to Madonna having a cigarette. I also don't recall that, since there have been more than a few 'mates since then with both cigarettes and cigars. Did we ever get a Minimate pipe? That's what we need!

I always adore these blasts from the minimate past! Thank you as ever BHM 

a minimate pipe, now there is a hole in the market; i do adore adding cigarette hands (and laughs!) to characters thank to the ol' interchangeability (and thanks to Sin City, i can do it in colour AND black and white!)

remember when an early Thing, or was it Nick Fury, included a loose cigar that was essentially just a tiny brown tube? how far we've come

Apparently we've had cigars from the very beginning! 
Ol' Fisk had one in the first ever wave of Marvel Minimates (Hail Ivan).
His was a permanent fixture, sculpted into the hand. Interestingly... his cigar smoking hand was obscured in the packaging behind Daredevil's (Praise Ivan). I wonder if this was a deliberate choice to get it past the licensors? 

image.png.3ad839f60e1afa92f16093787b2098df.png

Doing a quick search for 'cigar' on MMMV, I was actually surprised by how many smokers there were in the Miniverse.
And @minimateship is correct - we did also see a loose cigar accessory with Clobberin' Time Thing (Glory be to Ivan).

44 minutes ago, HellfireSamurai said:

Recalled due to cigs would be weird since as pointed out by another we already had KP's big cigar from the start & numerous other cigs since along with dildos,bongs & blunts (you can tell me Silent Bob is just holding a cig but in my mind he ain't smoking tobacco with that piece).

"Dildos ,bongs & blunts*

We'd hear it from the people of the town

They'd call us dildos,bongs & blunts*

But every night they'd all come around

& lay their money down"

- Cher ?

* I couldn't think of anything that rhymed ?

Whilst I'm at it what was the real story behind the 'Bluntman & Chronic " set ? Was it really shelved/withdrawn ?

2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

"Dildos ,bongs & blunts*

We'd hear it from the people of the town

They'd call us dildos,bongs & blunts*

But every night they'd all come around

& lay their money down"

- Cher ?

* I couldn't think of anything that rhymed ?

Whilst I'm at it what was the real story behind the 'Bluntman & Chronic " set ? Was it really shelved/withdrawn ?

Doesn't rhyme but gave me a good laugh anyway!