UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

desperately seaking Susan

Seriously though guys, is there any need for the name calling?

T.

I have 2 answers

Answer 1: calls em likes I sees em!

and then there is the real reason

Answer 2: no there is no NEED! but man is it fun!!!! besides, i wasn't trying to "preach" to him, just trying to share a life experience that really changed my perspective on life.

and thats one to grow on

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there really anything else to say about the Desperately Seeking Susan minimates?

It really does have to be the strangest choice for a toy I've ever seen....will we see a Who's That Girl minimate next?

They only way that this makes sense to me is if these mates are the result of some kind of issue where they would have to pay out the nose to do a "Madonna" Mate, but did not have to do so in order to produce a Minimate based on a character played by Madonna resembling Madonna, but whose name (the character's) is not Madonna, right?

If so, and if the licensing is there, this could certainly be a gateway to Minimates from "Purple Rain," "The Man Who Fell To Earth," "Mad Max," "Brimstone and Treacle" (google it :) ), and a number of movies starring famous pop singers. I know there are mixed feelings here regarding Minimates based on humans, but I'm all for getting my famous musicians as Minimates, even if they have to resort to this wacky scheme.

my GUESS would be that DST was looking for a new way to promote minimates. Hey lets push them as "movie collectables" Something that would be an impulse buy at the register.

I mean we know that they had a contract for some exclusives with FYE (before the majority of the stores went tits up).

These (DSS, FFDM, BTTF) got made to test the waters. while others like Rain Man were held back to see how sales were to warrant further development.....but hey this is a KIDS LINE !!!!

So Tommy do you want Superman or Maddona dressed like a skank?

(TM2 Dinobot excluded)

Is there really anything else to say about the Desperately Seeking Susan minimates?

It really does have to be the strangest choice for a toy I've ever seen....will we see a Who's That Girl minimate next?

They only way that this makes sense to me is if these mates are the result of some kind of issue where they would have to pay out the nose to do a "Madonna" Mate, but did not have to do so in order to produce a Minimate based on a character played by Madonna resembling Madonna, but whose name (the character's) is not Madonna, right?

If so, and if the licensing is there, this could certainly be a gateway to Minimates from "Purple Rain," "The Man Who Fell To Earth," "Mad Max," "Brimstone and Treacle" (google it :) ), and a number of movies starring famous pop singers. I know there are mixed feelings here regarding Minimates based on humans, but I'm all for getting my famous musicians as Minimates, even if they have to resort to this wacky scheme.

Well K80 I've read that first paragraph at least a dozen times & I think the answer is....Yes . As for ''Brimstone & Treacle'' ....deadlier than tobacco & has a sting in it's tale.

This is a moral atrocity!!!

...not the smoking, or scuplted boobs, or corrupting the children or anything like that. That they would make a Madonna minimate, she's an ugly, talentless, hypocritical hussie, whose career should never have started, and certaintly shouldn't being continuing into her sixties or however old she is these days. The product looks to be of great quality, but there is no way I'd even think about buying this set.

Think of all the great minimates that have gotten canned over the years, C3, Street Fighter, I Robot, etc, etc. Those were apparently unmarketable, but Madonna minimates from some 80's movie that few people have probably everseen, much less collectors, oh, that'll sell like hotcakes. PLEASE!

Edited by The Avenger

Avenger, I understand it's just your opinion but, alot of people may say thing the same thing about Kiss, Ozzie, or Rob Zombie who have actually been made into Minimates. And from a marketing standpoint the millions of albums sold and a career apparently worthy of an induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame beg to differ. And no, I do not own one Madonna album or have ever been to a concert.

Edited by Fo Shizzle

...not the smoking, or scuplted boobs, or corrupting the children or anything like that. That they would make a Madonna minimate, she's an ugly, talentless, hypocritical hussie, whose career should never have started, and certaintly shouldn't being continuing into her sixties or however old she is these days. The product looks to be of great quality, but there is no way I'd even think about buying this set.

Think of all the great minimates that have gotten canned over the years, C3, Street Fighter, I Robot, etc, etc. Those were apparently unmarketable, but Madonna minimates from some 80's movie that few people have probably everseen, much less collectors, oh, that'll sell like hotcakes. PLEASE!

Settle down a little man, everything is going to be ok.

This is a two-pack, not an entire series or boxset. If you don't like them, that is cool, they are not my favorite ones either, but I do like them, and guess what...they will be the first ones my wife will ever own, so maybe they weren't thinking of you when making them, or anyone else who may think the world is coming to an end by these getting made. Perhaps its a shot to see if they can hook any other type buyers...like my wife, who may like Madge. I dont think they would expect these to be the best sellers, but maybe it will lead the way for other pretty cool movie mate 2-packs that would otherwise never be made...........c'mon SNATCH mates...me needs a Mickey and Bullettooth Tony

You seem like a whiney creep.

Just sayin'...

Sorry if people are taking my post wrong, I'm not blaming DST for making these, or saying that there isn't a market for them either. I was just saying in my hyperbolic way that I HATE Madonna more than Satan, and it pissed me off on a personal level to see these. I understand others may like them and should be allowed to buy them.

It does disturb me though, that DST is willing to take a chance on these, when they haven't had similar faith in the past for some things that I would have loved to see.

Ultimately this has as much a right to be made as any of the other movie mates or music mates that have been released or that I would like released in the future, but I just feel like even though Ozzy and KISS fans are a smaller group than Madonna fans, they are a group that is more likely to by toys or other plastic memorabilia. I know very few if any Madonna fans who wouldn't think minimates were childish.

Sorry if people are taking my post wrong, I'm not blaming DST for making these, or saying that there isn't a market for them either. I was just saying in my hyperbolic way that I HATE Madonna more than Satan, and it pissed me off on a personal level to see these. I understand others may like them and should be allowed to buy them.

I see you haven't yet truly accepted Madonna's love. You must learn to open yourself and accept her into your heart without reservation. Care for her as she cares for you. Without her love we are blind.

She's gonna give you all her love, boy.

Fear is fading fast.

She's been saving it all for you,

'Cause only love can last.

Not only that, she looks damn good in a T-Shirt.

It does disturb me though, that DST is willing to take a chance on these, when they haven't had similar faith in the past for some things that I would have loved to see.

Ultimately this has as much a right to be made as any of the other movie mates or music mates that have been released or that I would like released in the future, but I just feel like even though Ozzy and KISS fans are a smaller group than Madonna fans, they are a group that is more likely to by toys or other plastic memorabilia. I know very few if any Madonna fans who wouldn't think minimates were childish.

Hey... it is what it is. Sure we all have long lists of minimates that we'd like to see before this set and certainly Madonna is not the most compelling performer to model toys after. But they are pretty neat likenesses and are unique in their own way, especially since they are so typically 80's.

That being said, I'm just glad it wasn't an Oprah & Dr. Phil 2-pack. That's where I draw the line. She's the true anti-christ. :yucky:

(Oh yeah... and "Moral Atrocity" is a little over-the-top)

Edited by captain_cbecker

You only see what your eyes want to see

How can life be what you want it to be

Youre frozen

When your hearts not open

:lol::lol::lol:

Okay. I retract my previous post of annoyance about your post of annoyance. ;)

I am a Madonna fan. And I heart Minimates (they are the only toys in my collection I did not sell off when I recently EBayed EVERYTHING). So, we exist!! (The Madonna/Mate fans). :D

And the preachfest begins! :down:

cough * douche bag * cough :yes:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Red-Rubber-Enema...1QQcmdZViewItem

I tried to PM you regarding this item you won on ebay. Unfortunately we have totally sold out of the blue ones,sorry! Be advised of our total discretion whilst dealing with this order. Regarding your cough this is probably due to you sucking rather than blowing with the old item you are replacing. ;)

personally i don't smoke but i don't demonize people that do just don't smoke around me and we are cool blow your smoke in my face then you'll get my fist in yours

but as far as the toys go we all know minimates have been made with crack for years so i have no problem with them throwing Nicotine in to the mix