UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 22 - The Incredible Hulk moviemates

MINI_MYTE

Hmmm...Alot of you guys are a lot more hardcore about minimates than I am evidently. I mean, I have a shelf covered in them, but I honestly couldn't see buying something I didn't want just out of fear that the line will be cancelled. The sad truth is that EVERYTHING gets cancelled eventually...from Megos to Star Wars to G.I. Joe to Super Powers.

But, I'm not trying to make everyone feel bad...on a positive note...thank goodness for the internet and e-bay. That insures that I can keep collecting these even in a worse case scenario. Back in the old days we'd have to go to garage sales and flea markets, which were almost always fruitless endeavors.

That said...I don't think this Hulk line is all that horrible...I just don't need any Hulks or civvies for my own collection.

But now that I think about it, someone could make a custom LOTR Arwyn out of the Liv Tyler one.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But now that I think about it, someone could make a custom LOTR Arwyn out of the Liv Tyler one.

The only problem with that idea is that the Betty Ross MM is a 2 incher where as all the elven and human LOTR MMs are 2.5 inchers. Hence, to make an scaled Arwyn, Betty Ross would have to be a 2.5".

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I doubt that cancelling the Hulk wave will kill the Marvel line. We survived Ghost Rider's cancellation, so we can handle this. When you consider the gold that is the Iron Man wave and wave 23, it's not like we're banking on Hulk to hold the line up.

At the same time, I still don't think these figures are bad. They aren't the best, but they aren't bad. They carry some custom potential, and I imagine it wouldn't take too much work for our resident customizers to make a better Hulk and Abom. Plus, more civies means a larger crowd for your superhero battles to mix with. Not to mention, when else would you get a General Ross?

Are the Hulk Buster guys going to be in the movie? I recall seeing GI Joe sized figures for them somewhere.

In any case, I bet if they included a Hulk Buster in this wave it would have had a very different reaction because despite the crap sculpts (or so the general consensus seems to be), we would have an army builder. That alone would make me buy a case.

Are the Hulk Buster guys going to be in the movie? I recall seeing GI Joe sized figures for them somewhere.

In any case, I bet if they included a Hulk Buster in this wave it would have had a very different reaction because despite the crap sculpts (or so the general consensus seems to be), we would have an army builder. That alone would make me buy a case.

Wouldn't that be the group that Tim Roth's character is leading? Seems like you could do a simple head swap and make as many of those as you want. Actually, with some police decals and a repainted Speed Racer helmet (from the figure that comes with the car at Wal-Mart--the 10 dollar one), you could make some SWAT team members pretty easily from that figure.

• 3 weeks later...

I found another use for the Abomination's turtle shell:

post-1316-1213054933_thumb.jpg

I played against him in the Ultimate Destruction game today (Finally beat Ross's Titan and beat the game!) and saw that he has almost the same shell as Movie Abomination and thought: "wow. Now I want that movie figure so I can have a minimate Devil Hulk." He was my favorite design from the game and he looks oddly like movie Abomination

One of my main gripes about this set is they gave the reg. Hulk this kind of Beetles hair piece, I think he would have looked better with that BD hulk Hair piece as it looks much more like he does threw out the movie.

Strawberry Fields forever.

I agree with you, especially because I DESPISE The beatles

One of my main gripes about this set is they gave the reg. Hulk this kind of Beetles hair piece, I think he would have looked better with that BD hulk Hair piece as it looks much more like he does threw out the movie.

You met the Beatles then? :rolleyes:

ok guys

*grabs bullet proof vest, sandbags, grenades, helmet, machine gun, shotgun and umbrella*

i actually like the hulk movie minis. They look awesomeeeee

*Grabs Machine Gun and shotgun turns a nd shoots wildly behind while many other multiverse members fire*

ok guys

*grabs bullet proof vest, sandbags, grenades, helmet, machine gun, shotgun and umbrella*

i actually like the hulk movie minis. They look awesomeeeee

*Grabs Machine Gun and shotgun turns a nd shoots wildly behind while many other multiverse members fire*

I think they are cool too. as marvel mates go they are sweet. I will be picking them up, and i am not a hulk fan.

The band itself. I like their songs, but I think they suck as singers.

(waits for stoning)

(waits for stoning)

No bricks coming from my way and I'm from Liverpool. On a musical front they may not have been operatic as singers but the songwriting was second to none. The playing was good but lifted from other bands. I have to say it the Beatles knew what they where doing and stuck to it alot like Status Quo or ZZ-top if it not bust why mess with it.

Back to Minimates I have said earlier in the thread the BD Hulk should be the main figure of the wave it just looks more Hulkish

(waits for stoning)

This is a first..'they suck as singers' ?...words fail me....no....words do not fail me.....bolllllllllocks ...WTFK are you on?

This is a first..'they suck as singers' ?...words fail me....no....words do not fail me.....bolllllllllocks ...WTFK are you on?

Maybe he's referring to Ringo in the plural for some reason?

Having now seen Incredible Hulk, I must say that the only two that strike me as sucky are the Hulk and Abomination. Hulk just looks wrong and the hair and expression is way off. They didn't even manage to capture the look from the

scene with Betty in the cave

in that particular mate which looks like what they were going for. The Hulk was confused and tender in that part, this minihulk looks bored. My problem with Abom is simply one of color. He was slightly green in the movie, not overtly green. Not a good representation in Mini form here. I also have a slight problem with the only overtly praised character in the wave: General Ross. The problem is this: Where the heck in the movie did he wear that hat? I don't rememer the hat. Maybe the hat is a reuse from someone and they didn't want to make a new hairpiece.I don't know, but could someone enlighten me on the hat situation? Gratzi. The rest are great. Especially Blonsky.

The problem is this: Where the heck in the movie did he wear that hat? I don't rememer the hat. Maybe the hat is a reuse from someone and they didn't want to make a new hairpiece.I don't know, but could someone enlighten me on the hat situation? Gratzi. The rest are great. Especially Blonsky.

He didn't actually wear as far as I saw (I just watched it today). But you never know there may have been a scene outdoors where he was wearing it that got cut. But that is the appropriate cover (that's what we called it in the Marines) for that uniform, so that's why they probably included it.

• 4 weeks later...
Soooo... both Iron Man and Incredible Hulk have been out for a while now, where are these minimates? I swear, DST has the timing of a gimpy legged pirate.

It's not really their fault. We know from previous Q&As that it takes somewhere near a year to produce a Minimate, and they likely didn't get access to the material until late in production of the movie, so considering that, their time table just can't match the movie release. Bigger companies with more resources, such as Hasbro, can put their product out faster, and they likely have more pull from the production companies, so of course they can get a product out around the same time as the movie. As far as DST is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if we have more members on this board than they have employees.

(waits for stoning)

I wasnt going to comment but... Suck as singers? Im not blasting you you for not liking them. Maybe you dont enjoy the way their voices sound but you cant say they sucked. The Beatles were pros through and through...

Ever hear the harmony on Paperback Writer? Saying you dont care for them is fine and I admire you guts for saying so but to attack their ability is just plain old stupid and shows you have no ear for music what so ever.

PS

Ill be getting the entire Hulk wave. I like 'em

you have no ear for music what so ever.

You're right. I do not listen to music for entertainment much nor do I truly appreciate the music world. I am a film person through and through. In fact, most of my favorite music is in fact from films. For example, I am quite partial to the works of John Willaims who is possibly the greatest film composer who ever lived. (FYI: John Willaims wrote the scores for films like Star Wars, ET and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Can you honestly say those themes are not masterpieces?)

And on the Hulk wave: What are your theories for the lack of Abomination at Conventions? is it a new sculpt or changing design? Or was he simply stolen. You know it's possible. Maybe they decided to get his color right. That was what I saw as the biggest flaw of the first prototype.

You have no idea how eerie it is to have just come over from the Rock Band forums to here and see an argument about the Beatles taking place. Rock has taken over the world man.

No arguments here just a free exchange of ideas between Minimate enthusiasts. Now Beatles Minimates would rock (pun intended)! Oh! Wait, wrong forum... Ummmm... Hulk smash!