UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Taskmaster & U.S. Agent

Mattallica

I love the figures...but I got to say I don't like the new shield handles. One end is filled in so that it will only go on the wrist. On all the previous Caps, I liked to push the shield up so that I could still fit a gloved hand on. It interfered with the elbow a little, sure, but I liked that look better than the spare hand look. Oh well, still amazing figures none-the-less.

Mr. knife says "no problem!" :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH!!!

Very nice, DST. More, more, more!!!!

And I see Matt here. What's the word on Marvel, fella?

Also, I think there is still about a centimeter of space you could have used to give us another weapon like a ninja throwing star.

Just kidding! I'm blown away by all the accessories. Thank you!

I just got these as well and I was blown away with all the weapons included! US agent was a huge want of mine and I'm glad I can finally add him to my collection! Also, I love the metallic look they gave him as well, just perfect! He's standing happily next to Spiderwoman =)

Question for those following recent stuff with the character:

I notice that this US Agent seems to have tampo'ed on combat boots rather than the Cap-style buccaneer boots. Is this a newer, "modern" version of the character? Would it be on-model to put the lace-up boots from the Rocky sets (resembling combat boots) on him?

Looking at the pics, it loosk like the LOTR Orc bow painted orange. The Arrow is LOTR too I think.

The bow is almost identical, but I'm fairly certain the arrow is new. It is far slimmer than the orc arrow.

Tou're right. It is. The tip looks more blunted than the usual.

Is US Agent's shield removable from the wristband ? Is the new wrist attachment different from the old one?

Yes, the shields are removable from the wristbands. As far as if the attachment is different, they look the same from the naked eye, but closer inspection will reveal that one side is more like the "web shooter" accessory in that the hole is much smaller, only allowing room for the hand peg to slip through.

It should also be noted that the shields are cast in the same flimsy plastic that was used for Colonel America's shield in the Zombie set.

Another thing of interest is that Taskmaster's spare hand actually has little bumps on the peg, as if to help hold the hand in place.

Great looking minimates. I can't wait to get them. Anyone able to get me a set please pm me. My local comic store guy has been really sick on and off the past few months. I don't know if he ordered me this set or not. I'm still waiting for the two Spiderman 3 waves (which he said should be here next week). I want to put my custom Taskmaster head on to have a current looking Taskmaster like in the Moon Knight comics.

just got these, and my only complaint would have to be the shields as drgnbrn mentioned [well, and i wish they'd given USAGent some stubble, but that's just me]. packaging seems to be similar to the upcoming Wave 19/20. i just noticed: there're little faded comic-book poses of the characters behind the figure pics on the front of the packaging. i rather like how the background makes the figure pics pop, but i dunno if i like the starburst lines design.

i dig the little profiles on the back. :D wish we could see more of those, if they could somehow fit them in with the rest-of-the-wave co-sell pics. although that would make packaging more expensive owing to having to print different box-back card types AND the already-different box-front card types.

again, on with teh blurry!

01172008259me5.th.jpg01172008261wm0.th.jpg01172008262ie8.th.jpg

01172008271ue0.th.jpg01172008264jp9.th.jpg01172008267cg4.th.jpg

01172008268lj9.th.jpg01172008269qh4.th.jpg01172008270rt4.th.jpg

MAN that's a lotta weapons!

Got 'em yesterday and they are great. US Agent is particularly awesome. The "gun-metal" black looks amazing! Just one teeny tiny quibble: US Agent has a little peg on the side of his belt that fits in the hole in the back of the shield with the wrist strap taken out. I presume this is so he can wear the shield on his hip. The only problem with this is that you have to jam the shield up into his armpit in order to get it onto the peg. If the peg was a bit lower or the shield a bit smaller, this would have worked perfectly and been an incredibly nice feature.

Another thing of interest is that Taskmaster's spare hand actually has little bumps on the peg, as if to help hold the hand in place.

Ah, I was wondering if it was more than just mine that was "ribbed." I had to sand it down a little just to fit it into the wrist.

US Agent has a little peg on the side of his belt that fits in the hole in the back of the shield with the wrist strap taken out. I presume this is so he can wear the shield on his hip. The only problem with this is that you have to jam the shield up into his armpit in order to get it onto the peg.

Isn't US Agent just wearing Blade's old belt? And wasn't that peg for Blade's knife-boomerang?