Video Game Discussion

neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"There’s nothing quite as unpleasant as monitoring the death rattles of a dying technology; HD-DVD has been bed-ridden with a severe case of inadequacy for a while now. Apparently its time to put the old dog to rest, because Toshiba has decided to let bygones be bygones and stop producing HD-DVD."

The text above has been taken DIRECTLY fro Blorge.com

This is sad for some of you that has/had been influenced bu Microsoft/other ways to buy Hd Dvd. But for all of us blu-ray owners out there, It is a good day among many to have sided with SONY!

"There’s nothing quite as unpleasant as monitoring the death rattles of a dying technology; HD-DVD has been bed-ridden with a severe case of inadequacy for a while now. Apparently its time to put the old dog to rest, because Toshiba has decided to let bygones be bygones and stop producing HD-DVD."

The text above has been taken DIRECTLY fro Blorge.com

This is sad for some of you that has/had been influenced bu Microsoft/other ways to buy Hd Dvd. But for all of us blu-ray owners out there, It is a good day among many to have sided with SONY!

Yeah you took sides really early.. you picked up your system what a whole week ago? :confused:

T.

p.s. Sony suck ass! - No rhyme reason or logic for it they just do!

Super Smash Bros Brawl Question:

Can somebody tell me who this is?

th_36583_071122_01.jpg

Saki Amaniya, a character from the Japanese title Sin & Punishment. The game is also for vitrual console. He's an assist trophy, which is an item that summons a Nintendo character to do stuff. He's not playable. See the other assist trophies here. Be warned that the site has some spoilers. Why did you want to know? Also...

I CANNOT WAIT FOR BRAWL. CANNOT WAIT!!!

Super Smash Bros Brawl Question:

Can somebody tell me who this is?

th_36583_071122_01.jpg

Saki Amaniya, a character from the Japanese title Sin & Punishment. The game is also for vitrual console. He's an assist trophy, which is an item that summons a Nintendo character to do stuff. He's not playable. See the other assist trophies here. Be warned that the site has some spoilers. Why did you want to know? Also...

I CANNOT WAIT FOR BRAWL. CANNOT WAIT!!!

I thought that was a chick! :P

I like the idea for assist trophies, the're like pokeballs, but better and not pokemon :)

I am loving all the new characters, especially pikman! however,

i think lugi is an odd choice for an unlockable character

I TOO CANNOT WAIT FOR BRAWL!

NO PS3 FOR ME.............................YET!

On friday I went to gamestp with all of the things that I am gonig to sell and some cash. I went inside the store and took a look at what good Playstation 3 titles I should buy. THis is where I decided not to get a Playstation 3. I saw..... nothing of intrest......yet. The thing with the PS3 is that all of the good games arn't coming out till the summer/fall/winter. And that's when I am going to get my PS3. I also looked at the 360 side and saw Bioshock, HALO 3, and Gears of War. I then realized how much fun I had with HALO 3. But the only bad thing is that I am going to have to get my 360 repaired AGAIN, but it's HALO so its worth it in the long run. But what am I going to buy with all of my green-backs(dollars) ?

Buy a new iPOD NANO for the time when I will be away from my 360. I hope you (NEO) are happy my desicion.

Come on Wii.............Haven't I been saying that for what, a MONTH now!!! Seriously, the only games attractive on the PS3 can be played on the 360 only with Acheivements and on LIVE, It's a Lose Lose situation with Sony. The ONLY thing that Sony has going for it is Blu-Ray, but that will change. I'm calling it right now, by Christmas, MS will release a Blu-Ray add on for the 360. Nothing is confirmed but MS is about Money! Always have been and always will. With HD DVD all but dead, MS will take their media platform to the Next Generation. In the end, I will be happy to wait for my Blu-Ray add on and still enjoy the greatness of the 360. When you finally realized I've been right all along, let me know and we'll start a clan in CoD4 :D. neo

You'll have to wait on that clan. I am getting my 360 rep'ed again, so it will be about 2-4weeks untill I can play again.

But once I get it back ITS HALO (and CoD sometimes) TIME!

But you were right and I was wrong......

But you were right and I was wrong......

:D ..........ah, some things you just never get tired of hearing!!

As for Halo, I guess I'll have to sit that one out as I've officially traded it in as of Today. After playing CoD4, I can't even put Halo into my system. Seriously, it's like feeding your wife Beenie Weenies after taking her out for a Steak Dinner!

As for what's next, I've reserved Lost: Via Domas, Smash Bros. Brawl, and Ninja Gaiden for the 360 and the DS. I also got Stranglehold and Karaoke Revolution for my B-Day. I was thinking about picking up Mass Effect, but as little time as I have to play games right now I don't know that I'll really be able to get into it and devote the time that is needed to probably figure it out and learn to play well. I'm still thinking about it though. That will probably last me until next holiday season....not counting Mario Kart of course ;). neo

I'm a huge Kirby fan! :highfive2:

Omg i love Kirby too! :biggrin:

And i also cant wait for brawl! i'm Thrilled about capt.olimar , Sonic & the Animal crossing level.

Questions!!

I'm thinking about picked up a new, single player game but I don't know what to get!!!

I'm kinda torn right now and need some help from people that have played these games. Here is the list of candidates:

Mass Effect

-This was the one that I wanted most, but after reading some reviews it seems to have a steep learning curve and and I'm not sure that I'm up for that right now.

Oblivion

-I've played this several times at my friends house and I love the open world and do anything type of games!

Crackdown

-As mentioned, I love Co-Op and I love Open World, need I say more?!?!

That's really it. I'm looking for something that will last me a while. That has a good story and good gameplay and is something that I can play without throwing my controller across the room!! So, what would you guys reccomend? Also, is Mass Effect open world like Oblivion? And finally, what do any of you guys know about Stranglehold....is it a good game? neo

Well Neolego,

Of those games, I've only played Elder Scrolls, but I lost interest after playing it for about 5 or 6 hours. If you don't need instant gratification, you might get something out of it, but I didn't enjoy the game enough to justify spending the innumerable hours that would be required to get through that bad boy.

Having said that, I did enjoy killing a knight on horseback, and then stealing his armor, weapons, and horse. . .and the option of just about killing anyone that you want to, even friendlies. . .

All 3 are great games Neo.

Oblivion has next the limitless possibilites, Crackdown is pure beat 'em up fun and Mass Effect is... Phenomenal.

You can probably find oblivion & crackdown in the bargain bin, so that's points to them.

If money isn't a concern though, I would say Mass Effect.

I absolutely loved it. My only complaint is the item storage and equipment system. It's annoying having to deal with eveyone's equipment, and sadly you can only hold 150 items so you need to do it fairly regularly.

Apart from that, awesome. Not to mention: It'll have downloadable content (new planets) on March 10th. ;)

Thanks to some help from Gamepressure.com, I was able to wrap up Quake 4. Now I'm back to Hitman on a normal setting and looking forward to wrapping that one up. Looking at everyone's list though, I'm pretty far behind. I still need to get COD4 and my 360 plugged into the computer :lol: Something I will say about Quake, it was a more intense story than Halo. I felt both GOW and H3 were a bit on the short side. I still enjoyed them, don't get me wrong, they just seemed a little short for all of the hype :(

For all of the 2 other people still playing Halo 3, I thought I'd let you know the auto-update went live 2 days ago.

What is it? Just like in Halo 2 a few months after the game shipped Bungie went back and "fixed" some of the gameplay mechanics that were a little troublesome (like melee).

Having played some since it went up I haven't noticed as big a difference as I did with H2, but the gameplay seems "cleaner."

Also, they announced the 4th map being released. And's it's gorgeous.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?ty...s&cid=13287

Yeah the melee combat seems a little better, and the Assault Rifle is more powerful. Frankly I think the Battle Rifle needs an update.

I still haven't bought the first lot of new maps. Do you reckon they'll be free at some point?

Alright, I just returned from GameStop. I picked up Tomb Raider Legend, Oblivion, and Crackdown. I also reserved and paid off Lost: Via Domus and Smash Bros Brawl. It's going to be a Good Month :).

I decided to pass on Mass Effect for right now. Two reasons, one cost and the other time. Maybe closer to christmas I can pick it up as a Platnum release or something and finally get to enjoy it. I still want to play it, but it's going to have to wait!

Now, I need to put in some of that vacation time! neo

I just searched for a trailer for Lost, as this is the first I've seen of it. It looks awesome! I can't wait for it!

I just wish I had more money. I've hit a real snag at the moment. I'm waves behind in minimates and I haven't bought a new game in months. Sucks.