UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

HOLY CRAP SANDWICH!! I played a couple of levels of COD4 and now know what everyone's been so impressed with. If this is the graphics on my crappy 10 year old tv, I can't wait for the upgrade flatscreen :D

[dodgy british accent]

"50,000 used to live here... Now it's a ghost town..."

[/dodgy british accent]

You'll get very used to hearing that...

Single player campaign is stunning but really short.

The fun and real solid value starts when you get online (damnit Don get your ass online already!!!) :)

T.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, the one I remember from my COD3 is, "RPG, on the rooftop!!" :lol: I have to get the wireless connector for the 360 and hook everything up. I'll pm you on why the delay on that is though. Once I am, I'll definitely be online asap. Quick question, do I keep my silver membership or upgrade to gold? What's the pros and cons, since you guys have been doing this alot longer than me ;)

You have to upgrade to Gold. Silver means you can chat to people I think, but you can't play multiplayer without Gold. You can have a month free when you join, Don. It automatically gives you a month when you set up a new gamertag.

Don't I have to finish most games before doing multilplayer? If not, I guess I'll have to move my wifi connector plan into motion by Monday then. Thanks guys, I'll be bugging everyone once I get online. The nice thing is, there are so many folks in multiple time zones to connect with.

The maps WILL be free. UNlike the other games on 360 Bungie makes it a rule to drop their price... Eventually. I think Iheard the maps'll be free in June, but who knows? It might be sooner than that.

I actually think the 3 maps that have been released are among the best in H3. Standoff & Rats nest because of how aweseom they are and Foundry for Forging. (It's a big empty room specifically for Forging).

As for Halo Wars I believe it's Q4.

Which armor would you like? I have them all.

YOu start with CQB & Mark 6.

EOD is unlocked through Campaign.

Gas mask one (can't think of name) is from Legendary.

Hyabusa is from Skull collecting.

ODST is recieved upon being a recruit on XBL.

Mark 4 from being a Spartan on XBL

Rogue from being a officer on XBL.

Security is unlocked from Achievment points

and the rest are individual achievements.

which skulls do you need to unlock hyabusa, oh i got skulls on the 1st level i carried it till end do you have to do that with the other skulls or just find em pick em up drop and get award? <_<

Yeah you only need to pick it up, then drop it.

Picking up a skull will unlocking it for everyone in the party.

You can drop it... Or hold onto it as long as you'd like.

Hyabusa, like most armours is unlocked in pieces.

I'm not positive, but I believe it's:

6 Skulls for shoulder pieces

9 Skulls for Chest piece

13 Skulls for Helmet.

There are 2 skulls on 4 levels:

Sierra 117

Crow's Nest

The Ark

Covenant

Actually, you got the Scout helmet for unlocking the "Used Car Salesman" achievement. (Destroying a vehicle with at least 3 people inside).

Like I said before, most of the armor pieces are the achievements.

Actually, you got the Scout helmet for unlocking the "Used Car Salesman" achievement. (Destroying a vehicle with at least 3 people inside).

I have to say, this really sucks for those of us who play the ol-fashoned way (with friends over). I play on my friends 360 all the time but can't get the online stuff. Of course, the elites only have five friggin armors, so I'm not missing much...

It's true, most multiplayer armours can't be unlocked offline.

This one, however can be unlocked in campaign, along with others like:

Too close to the sun, pink death, headshot honcho, ect.

Just read the achievement descriptions.

(Headshot Honcho must be done with a sniper rifle)

I have to say, this really sucks for those of us who play the ol-fashoned way (with friends over). I play on my friends 360 all the time but can't get the online stuff. Of course, the elites only have five friggin armors, so I'm not missing much...

Actually Deadpool there is a little cheat you can do for this armour. In campaign, if you stick a Phantom's front turret with a plasma grenade, you get the achievement anyway.

I have pretty much all the armours.

So has anyone played Lost:Via Domus yet. My bro bought it on Friday and had it finished by Sunday and I started playing it yesterday and am on the last level. The game itself isnt bad, but its horribly short. They skip sooooo much and could have tied it in loads more with events from the show. This game is being traded in next weekend. I'd suggest people rent this, rather than buying it.

Actually Deadpool there is a little cheat you can do for this armour. In campaign, if you stick a Phantom's front turret with a plasma grenade, you get the achievement anyway.

I have pretty much all the armours.

So has anyone played Lost:Via Domus yet. My bro bought it on Friday and had it finished by Sunday and I started playing it yesterday and am on the last level. The game itself isnt bad, but its horribly short. They skip sooooo much and could have tied it in loads more with events from the show. This game is being traded in next weekend. I'd suggest people rent this, rather than buying it.

I have all the offline armor besides E.O.D. But I use an elite, so big deal.

I haven't played it yet, but I'm planning too. I actually had to pre-ordered when it was "claimed" the game would be roughly 12 hours or so. Once it was reviewed to be less than 6 hours I did not pick it up new. I've been going by daily waiting for someone to trade one in at GameStop. I plan on buying the game used, beating it within 7 days and returning it. Same process as renting, but I have store credit :D. I really can't wait to play it, I'm a HUGE LOST fan. neo

I finished Lost tonight. Ending was a bit meh for me (apparently you need to see Season Four to understand it?)

Overall it was a game that distracted me for a few days. The graphics are great, can't fault them. The storyline was a bit meh, but they could have tied it into the series so much better. I have all but one achievements, and I know what that one is and will have it by tomorrow.

If you want this game either rent it, or do as Neo is doing and get it, then return it a few days later.

Well, it's been a busy few weeks, but I sat down last night and played "Dishwasher" on the XNA arcade. Has anyone else played this game? It's completely AMAZING. Now, I am not a huge fan of extreme blood everywhere so that was not my favorite part, but the gameplay was amazing. It's like a 2D classic for our generation, I can't tell you the last time I've had that much fun with a new 2D game........oh yes I can, Contra 4 on the DS.........but that's beside the point. This game really holds a lot of my interest for the whol XNA thing. To be honest I wasn't too interested in the whole thing and thought it was over hyped as the game conference, but after playing Dishwasher I can only hope for more of the same. There were a few other lame games that I downloaded, but if Dishwasher was the only one ever released it would be worth it. I do, for my sake, hope there is a "Blood Level" option in the final game :D.

Along those same lines, I LOVE the arcade and spend a lot of my time there. I love Worms and Bomberman (even though I stink) and Undertow and Hetix and, well, you get the point. I'm really looking forward to Bionic Commando Rearmed. I think that's a great remake of an ever greater game. And, after playing Dishwasher, it made me think. I'd love to see a Ninja Gaiden Remake of the classic on XBLA. Could you imagine the gameplay of Dishwasher and the polish of the new 2D games on the classic Ninja Gaiden game. That would be amazing. Anyway, I just thought I'd share my thoughts! Anyone else love Dishwasher?? neo

What is, Paula Abdul's Sober streak?

neo

What! No! I'm talking about Brawl!

Four days left until Smash Bros Brawl

Oh............I thought we were playing a game ;)

I'm am more than excited about Brawl myself. I can't remember how many hours of my life I lost to Melee in the college dorms. I can only imagine how much better Brawl is going to be! Can't wait!! neo