UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

- - Now it's clan time! neo

I don't know I have been busy with school and the burning desire to get a...........yep...........Playstation 3.

I probabily will keep my 360,but don't count on it. I know Ican get a PS3 and still keep the old' 360 but would

have to make a stop or two at the bank....... I am still debating on the whole thing. See you all on Xbox live!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Neo, I thought you might want to see this before you go Blu-Ray shopping.

Sure it's a ways off, but Microsoft has been considering blu-ray for awhile.

"We were disappointed with the announcement. It has a consequence. I will tell you that we are committed to HD-DVD and still have some great partners -- Universal, Paramount, DreamWorks -- these are great participants in the format," said Bell, before taking a jab at PlayStation 3. "We have sold very well the HD-DVD accessory. We did make a specific choice; we did not impose technology on our consumers. We would like choice to be our guiding principle, and it has worked for us. We're not demanding that people choose a format, but rather, we're with DVD in the Xbox 360."

At the same time, Bell recognizes that Sony and Microsoft already work together in some arenas. "You know, interestingly, we have a long history of partnership with Sony. Obviously, they run our software on their personal computers and other devices, so we have a 'coopetition' -- a word I learned at Microsoft when I joined. We've been talking to Blu-ray all along because we have the best piece of software in the business, called HDi. It is the backbone that powers interactivity in HD-DVD and we have that available to potentially partner with others."

"You never say never. I think we'd like to see how things evolve. Our commitment, however, to HD-DVD is profound and consistent, and we have done very, very well in term of our accessory sales. We have 400 HD-DVD movies from great studios available," concluded Bell. "It's a long time between now and June."

Wii, I'm by no means a 360 fan boy but I HAVE been burned by Sony in the past.

Because of this it means I wait for EXCLUSIVES worth my time before I go that direction.

And "No," Resistance Fall of Man is NOT on that list. Why would a person spend $400 on a console for a game that's "decent."

Famitsu (Japan's most famous video game review magazine) says the PS3's hopes for 3008 rest on 3 games:

Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 5 & Metal Gear Solid.

It is also important to note that NONE of these games have release dates.

FF is most likely a 2009 release, Resident Evil NOT an exclusive, and MGS5 quite possibly not either. :(

For me, I'm holding out for FF versus, adn a couple other 2009 releases.

Thanks for the tip Nestle....it's funny because I just found this:

Speaking to Reuters, group marketing manager for Xbox hardware Albert Penello said, "It should be consumer choice; and if that's the way they vote, that's something we'll have to consider." Microsoft has previously aligned themselves to Toshiba's technology, offering an HD-DVD add-on for the Xbox 360 and having been rumoured to be implementing a HD-DVD drive for future incarnations of its console.

Warner Bros's recent defection to Blu-ray technology sent shockwaves through the industry, even forcing Toshiba to cancel its Consumer Electronics Show presentation earlier this week. However, Penello was ultimately supportive of HD-DVD, stating that "…I've seen this battle declared over so many times. I want consumers to have a voice in this and I think there are a lot of consumers who bought HD-DVD who are going to have a say in how this shakes out."

As you can see, it is a possibility. In fact, it's one that I'm QUITE excited over. In fact, I am more excited about a Blu Ray stand alone than I was about Halo 3. If this happens, it will be AWESOME!! neo

and MGS5 quite possibly not either. :(

Being a 360 owner and a huge MGS fan, I hope that this is the truth (though this is the first I've heard of this).

It is not happening. It was announced a while back for the 360, but got shot down and DENIED!

The exclusive games that I was talking about in the posts above are as followed-

1)Grand Tourismo 5

2)Dc universe online

3)Warhawk

4)MGS 4

5)Resistance FOM

6)Killzone 2

7)Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

8)God of War 3

9)MLB 08: The Show

10)Final Fantisy 13

And if that isn't enough to make you cry then I don't know what will? Maybe all of you minimates being

burned in front of your face!!! :P

Wii, I'm by no means a 360 fan boy but I HAVE been burned by Sony in the past.

Because of this it means I wait for EXCLUSIVES worth my time before I go that direction.

And "No," Resistance Fall of Man is NOT on that list. Why would a person spend $400 on a console for a game that's "decent."

Famitsu (Japan's most famous video game review magazine) says the PS3's hopes for 3008 rest on 3 games:

Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 5 & Metal Gear Solid.

It is also important to note that NONE of these games have release dates.

FF is most likely a 2009 release, Resident Evil NOT an exclusive, and MGS5 quite possibly not either. :(

For me, I'm holding out for FF versus, adn a couple other 2009 releases.

What about God of War 3?

I got some good news and some Playstation 3 news. The good news is that I am.........GOING TO KEEP MY XBOX 360!!

And the other good news.......I am going to get a Playstation 3!!! I am not sure when but am saving up. I am gonna keep

my Xbox because because I spent around $500 already on it and can only get get about $230 from all of my accesiories

and my content. But I want a PS3 very much for the Blu-Ray capability and some of the good Exclusives alread out and

coming out in the future. Also some reasons are that Jatta Pake has one and because of the second-string motion sensing

controller. I feel good about keeping the 360 and also getting the PS3. I probabily won't play my 360 that much and will

just get Xbox live silver... because of the FREE psn and games like Unreal touriment 3 and Warhawk and Cod 4

with my friends......yes I am sorry neo, there is always the minimate multiverse. See you all on Xbox live!

Sorry for the double post but I just found out that New Line Home Entertainment (think movies like

Lord of the Rings) and HBO just switched to Blu-Ray disc format. This is good for people like me, because

I am gonna get a Plastation 3 and gonna get some Blu-ray capability for some ...... I hope.... blu-ray

LORD OF THE RINGS!!!! This is so exciting! ITS EPIC! Lol :P I have to go now, see you all on Xbox live!

Good choice Wii.

Like I said before, every console has something to offer, it's just most important that you hold off on buying a specific one until it has something to offer YOU.

I thought I'd just clarify a couple of things before this specific topic finishes up:

MGS4 has NOT been confirmed as not coming out for the 360. As a matter of fact they've been very vague about the whole thing... THey're approaching it exactly the same way they did Assassin's Creed, giving the argument of multiplatform more credibility. Just so you know thought Karamouz, IF it comes out on 360 it will most likely be AFTER it comes out on PS3.

As for the list of exclusives, I think it's important to note how far off most of those are:

*TBA stands for To BE Annouced*

Gran Turismo: JAPAN release Q4 2008 (2009 North America?)

DC Online (I AM REally Excited about this one) TBA

WarHAwk, ALready released... And Good!

MGS4 TBA

Resistance FOM Already Released... And not great.

Killzone 2 TBA

Uncharted... To be honest I can't say anything about this one. Haven't played it. Sorry

God of War 3 Possible release of Nov. 15th, but, you guessed it... TBA!

MLB 08 MArch 4th, 08

Final Fantasy 13 TBA (2009).

Personally, I'd only be crying if I had to wait for all those games to even get a release date. :confused:

You DID forget to mention Ratchet and Clank though which is out AND really cool. :biggrin:

MGS4 has NOT been confirmed as not coming out for the 360. As a matter of fact they've been very vague about the whole thing... THey're approaching it exactly the same way they did Assassin's Creed, giving the argument of multiplatform more credibility. Just so you know thought Karamouz, IF it comes out on 360 it will most likely be AFTER it comes out on PS3.

I'm not holding my breath, but I wouldn't be shocked if this came out on the 360 at some point.

You might recall that the PS2 exclusive MGS2 eventually got an expanded, special edition release on the XBox (the same thing happened with Resident Evil 4, which was initially supposed to be a Gamecube exclusive, and Halo got a PC release, to name a couple of examples). Though a lot of "exclusives" actually remain exclusive (MGS3 :( ), a lot of them don't (excluding those made by the console companies, obviously). Sometimes you have to wait awhile, but personally, I'm patient, so I wouldn't mind waiting 6 months-a year to get MGS4 on the 360. Might not happen, but it might (just like Ninja Gaiden 2 might end up on the PS3 at some point).

Regardless, I just don't have enough money to hedge my bets and get every system for every cool, exclusive game. . .that's always the dilemma in these console wars though, isn't it? You've always got the debate over whether you want to trade away a Smash Brothers and Halo to get a Metal Gear. . .its just too bad. . .

I don't have an Xbox 360, so I can't comment on much of your post. I would like to point out the Gamecube was no angel when it came to discs being scratched. (Wasn't just one Game Cube either - we went thru a couple.) I can't tell you how many times I had to Game Doctor my kids' discs. I haven't EVER had that problem with my PS2 and the kids haven't run into any issues with their Wii.

When did this become such a big deal? :huh:

I'm pretty sure you can't argue anyone into getting rid of their 360 or into buying a $400 piece or machinery, just like noone would be able to argue you into keeping your machine.

I'll let you get back to part 3, but first I thought I mention 2 things that might help you:

1st a large number of Halo 3 disks were faulty. THAT is probably your problem, not the disk tray. Microsoft will replace it.

2nd is the HDDVD attachment DOES cost $150, but it also comes with 5 free HDDVDs of your choice. In other words= FREE.

When did this become such a big deal? :huh:

I'm pretty sure you can't argue anyone into getting rid of their 360 or into buying a $400 piece or machinery, just like no one would be able to argue you into keeping your machine.

I'll let you get back to part 3, but first I thought I mention 2 things that might help you:

1st a large number of Halo 3 disks were faulty. THAT is probably your problem, not the disk tray. Microsoft will replace it.

2nd is the HDDVD attachment DOES cost $150, but it also comes with 5 free HDDVDs of your choice. In other words= FREE.

I'm sure I can't either but that is not my point. The whole porpose for all of this is for me to get my point across

and let it get super-glued into your heads. I origionally wrote this stuff already in the posts above but am doing this

again for two reasons (one of them is NOT to be annoying)

1)To prove my point, the xbox 360's lead is decling to the PS3

2)And to explain my ways of thinking.

It turns out that I CAN GET AROUND $230 from all of my 360 stuff and I already saved up around $180 so I can

buy the system, but I am going to the bank to get some $$$ for games and blu-ray movies. So stay tuned for a pt 3 soon.

ps-Nestle, I have to pay $20 to trade my disc for a new one-stupid microsoft, but about the disc drives, They do cause a

TON of disc scratches.

Hello to all. I recentily wrote more than I intended to write and just got carried away. My appoligies for whoever's

time I wasted. I deleted the posts because I was making it a much bigger deal then it needed to be. BUT, I am

still going to get a Playstation 3 and trade in my 360 because with the format wars techinally over, it is clear that the

Playstation 3 is going to get a lot of money as being for of the most cheap/firmware upgradable blu-ray player on the

market. Also with havign that said, microsoft is going to loose hype and going to bunker down and work on their new console. But I am also going to get a Playstation because of the games and features of the console. I hope I can earn

forgivness from all of guys,as I am sorry. See you all on XBOX LIVE!

HEy, don't worry about it Wii.

If you look at the first 20+ pages of this thread all you see is Neo and I disagreeing about stuff.

After all, these boards are for DISCUSSIONs. It's just important that you don't get the impression that you're going to change people to your stance if you argue hard enough.

You didn't need to delete your posts.

There were good points made in most of them (and summed up in your last).

Blu Ray probably WILL win the format war, no doubt.

PS3 IS picking up steam.

360s DO break down a lot. :P

One thing no one talks about any more though is the fact that PS2 is the greatest selling console of all time... BUT the first couple years all they did was break down! Those things were peices of crap! My friends ran a video game store and WOULD NOT receive trade in PS2s becauase they were nearly guaranteed faulty.

Personally I can't wait for GUn Valkerie on the PS3. :D

HEy, don't worry about it Wii.

If you look at the first 20+ pages of this thread all you see is Neo and I disagreeing about stuff.

After all, these boards are for DISCUSSIONs. It's just important that you don't get the impression that you're going to change people to your stance if you argue hard enough.

You didn't need to delete your posts.

There were good points made in most of them (and summed up in your last).

Blu Ray probably WILL win the format war, no doubt.

PS3 IS picking up steam.

360s DO break down a lot. :P

One thing no one talks about any more though is the fact that PS2 is the greatest selling console of all time... BUT the first couple years all they did was break down! Those things were peices of crap! My friends ran a video game store and WOULD NOT receive trade in PS2s becauase they were nearly guaranteed faulty.

Personally I can't wait for GUn Valkerie on the PS3. :D

I count myself among the lucky. I've had my PS2 for seven years, since around launch, and have had only one problem with it: It doesn't play DVDs anymore, but I don't care. I have enough DVD players to use my PS2 just for games.

This is a great example! Thanks Trekker!

It might have been a typo, but if you picked up yours in 2003 (5 years ago) that means it was the THIRD YEAR PS2s were out! (They launched late in 2000)

A faulty DVD drive is a very small problem, but it still goes to show that it took a LONG time to get those damned things right. :rolleyes:

What!?!?! Wii you can't be serious. I will never, EVER talk to you again if you decided to go with the proven Blu Ray format in a system that, in time, will acheive greater things than any other home console of all time. In fact, not only will I never talk to you again, but I will also delete your contact from my xbox 360 and block all incoming communications. Not only will I never talk to you again and block all communication, your name is eternally forbidden to be spoken at or around me. If I hear someone speak your name I will cover them in gasoline and light them on fire until they recant the name. And, not only will I never talk to you again, block all communication from you, and burn people at your sake, but I will also take my Nintendo Wii and fly to New York city and ride into downtown in a cab where the guy can't understand what I'm saying and buy a ticket to the observation deck of the Empire State and ride the crowed elevator up to the top floor and then THROW MY WII FROM THE TOP since your screen name is the same. Then, I will have a nice glass of sweet tea and forget that I ever knew you.....

......or I'll just probably accept your decision and go on living my life :D. Sure, it was fun to play with you over Xbox LIVE and I will miss that when you are gone, but dude, it's your money! I couldn't let Nestle here convince me that the Wii sucked.......until I figured it out myself ;). And, while I disagree that the PS3 is the superior choice, it is BY FAR the superior hardware and supports the superior (and soon to be winner of the HD format) Blu Ray driver. All in all, it's not a bad choice, just one that I can't support - - - only because I hate Sony that much. So, I'll enjoy our "Last Days" together and if the industry ever wises up and makes just 1 console, maybe we'll meet again!

NOW, on that note I'd like to start a discussion that everyone can partake in and I'll start with a question:

Do you want a One-Console World?

-The question is not wheter it will happen or not, because as long as companies want to make money (and they do) it will never happen. But, I want you guys to think about it and let's talk about. Imagine if Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft got together and decided, "OK, we're going to make a One-System World" Just think about the possibility. One killer system that could play Blu Ray Movies and all of the best games from all the greatest developers. You could have Mario Universe, Halo 4, Call of Duty 5, Gran Turismo Blu, Madden 09, Final Fantasy XXXLIXLLIIIV, Sonic The Hedgehog, Smash Bros. Smack Talk, Ninja Gaiden 4: Bloody Adverture, Metal Gear Solid 4 1/2: Dead Corpse of Liberty, etc. Then, think about the ability to throw in a Next-Gen Virtual Console, were you can download All of the past Mario and Zelda games, Halo 1, 2, and 3, Madden 1995, Final Fantasy VII, Smash Bros., Rachet and Clank, etc. Now, don't get your hopes up, because as long as consumers (and there's a reason they are called that :) ) keep buying multiple consoles and supporting different formats we will never see it........but wouldn't it be SWEET?!?!?!?

So, what you do you guys think? Are you Pro a One-Console World or are you opposed? neo

I'm gonna actually step out with the answer no one expects.

I'm gonna say:

"No."

Why, you ask?

For the same reason people have problems with EA.

Don't get me wrong, but when you own an industry ewithout any competition you get lazy and no longer need to be creative.

So long as we have 3 consoles fighting for power we're gonna get innovative ideas luike BluRay and Motion controls. As long as companies are fighting we're gonna get consoles paying millions and millions of dollars for high quality exclusives like Killzone 2 or GTA 4.

So, in short, competition is good. :D

Except when you have to buy more than one console. :(

Except when you have to buy more than one console. :(

Not for me, a PS3 is all I need ;) . Neo, as our last parting hours together, I will spend most of my 3day weekend on xbox live. I have not decided a date to get a PS3, probabily just when I get the next chance to go to the bank. Also I am going to have to send my 360 in for reapir AGAIN! I have to do that because the disc drive is broken and needs to be fixed if I intend to sell it to gamestop, wich I intend to do. See you all on Xbox live!

Dude, you're killing me with the loser picture. It's not enough your sleeping with the enemy but now you have to taunt us..........shame :P.

I have a few more ideas of pics you might like for you avatar, tell me what you think:

loserbunnyag9.png

stickfigurexg6.png

biggestlosergr7.png

obamagu1.png or oprahsf5.png

You know, just some ideas ;). neo

I think someone's jealous of the Playstation 3 and that "someone" might just go get himself one

in the near future. If want want to go put up more pics of losers than put on pics of Hilary and Bill Gates.

Oh well, I know that I would get a lot of negitive feedback from this board. I am closing on a "get a Playstation 3 date"

It will probabily be in about 3-4 weeks. See you on Xbox live untill Febuary 4th!

oprahsf5.png

If I were you, I would think twice before insulting Oprah on a publicly-viewable forum. She is quite powerful, and I would not want to experience her wrath.

I also think multiple, competing systems are a good thing, btw. The free market has its problems, but the pros outweigh the cons on things like this. . .and when the PS3 is ultimately shown to be the greatest videogame failure since the Virtual Boy, the market will be vindicated :)

apologies NINTENDOWii, I know its not cool to joke around with someone in love. . .