UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Heck Yes! uh.. actually I'm noy entirely sure what Halo wars is :confused: Could you post a link with info?

here http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/803/803888p1.html

july 11th?...hmm... same month as my birthday...<_<

oh speaking of halo does anybody know how to get besides mark VI and C.Q.B?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The maps WILL be free. UNlike the other games on 360 Bungie makes it a rule to drop their price... Eventually. I think Iheard the maps'll be free in June, but who knows? It might be sooner than that.

I actually think the 3 maps that have been released are among the best in H3. Standoff & Rats nest because of how aweseom they are and Foundry for Forging. (It's a big empty room specifically for Forging).

As for Halo Wars I believe it's Q4.

Which armor would you like? I have them all.

YOu start with CQB & Mark 6.

EOD is unlocked through Campaign.

Gas mask one (can't think of name) is from Legendary.

Hyabusa is from Skull collecting.

ODST is recieved upon being a recruit on XBL.

Mark 4 from being a Spartan on XBL

Rogue from being a officer on XBL.

Security is unlocked from Achievment points

and the rest are individual achievements.

OK, first time this has ever happened and it freaked me out a bit. I've never had the red circle of doom on my 360, but last night it froze up and I'm not sure what to do. Do I send it into Microsoft and have it looked at or look at this as a isolated situation? My only other alternative is to take it back to Costco and replace it for a new one. The crappy part about that is, I'd have to box everything up and take my chances with their customer service folks. Since I bought this quite some time ago and it's the predecessor to the current wave of 360's. Anyway, some advice is needed, as I know some of you had this problem or worse in the past. Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback in advance.

OK, first time this has ever happened and it freaked me out a bit. I've never had the red circle of doom on my 360, but last night it froze up and I'm not sure what to do. Do I send it into Microsoft and have it looked at or look at this as a isolated situation? My only other alternative is to take it back to Costco and replace it for a new one. The crappy part about that is, I'd have to box everything up and take my chances with their customer service folks. Since I bought this quite some time ago and it's the predecessor to the current wave of 360's. Anyway, some advice is needed, as I know some of you had this problem or worse in the past. Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback in advance.

Is it the first time it's frozen?

What were you playing?

Did IT RRoD? ( i.e. 3 red lights lit up)

Mine's locked up perhaps about half a dozen times in the nearly a year I've had it, Oddly enough it did it With R6Vegas more than any other game.

I'd say if that was a once off then I'd carry on and keep an eye on it and try not to worry too much.

T.

:lol: Well, you know how I worry. Woke Trish up cursing at the screen Timbo :P I was playing Hitman: Blood Money at the time and was real close to ending one of the scenerios <_< It was the first time this has happened and I was thinking the same thing. No red ring, no worries though? I still need to send in that warranty crap, to make sure I'm covered.

ARRGGHH!! Apparently something is up with my player :angry: I tried 2 seperate games and had the same problem with both discs, it freezes on a scene and I can't get it to even shut down via the controller. I have to manually shut it down. Going to box it up and see about exchanging it at Costco after work tomorrow or Thursday. Hopefully the one where I bought it, has them in stock at the moment. Since the holidays are over, I have no idea if I'll get that luck though :( Wish me luck gang, otherwise I'm going to have to call Uncle Bill's place and ship her off for a bit.

When did you buy it Donster?

I ask because I bought my 360 last January & I'm paranoid it's going to RRoD. I read somewhere that 360s have a 16% failure rate. That's not good. I swore I'd never buy one and then MicroCenter ran a deal last holiday season that rebated $200 of the $400 price tag. I couldn't pass that up!

Ok, so my Wii is kinda dead. It just won't do anything except for a red light. It won't turn on or anything. Smash Bros is in 10 days...

HHHHHEEEEAAAAALLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did you buy it Donster?

I ask because I bought my 360 last January & I'm paranoid it's going to RRoD. I read somewhere that 360s have a 16% failure rate. That's not good. I swore I'd never buy one and then MicroCenter ran a deal last holiday season that rebated $200 of the $400 price tag. I couldn't pass that up!

HSD, sorry for the late reply. I got a last minute project dropped in my lap, which is a great thing. Boss trusts me enough to get the job done when we're in a pinch :thumbsup: Unfortunately some unexpected things occured because of it and I feel like I've been chasing my tail all day. Believe it or not, we bought my XBox in Sept of 05. My wife was home from work and did a little investigating on when we purchased it before I got home. The great thing was Costco was able to look it up and give us back what we paid originally. Not the now lower price of the Pro. More on that in my next comments though ;) I didn't get the Red Ring of Death, it would just freeze up and it wouldn't do anything. I'm not sure what happened, but now I get to earn all of my game points again. Hopefully I remember all of the tricks that helped me beat the games originally. I know I'm the last one to give this advice, since mine just died, but I wouldn't sweat it. Enjoy your 360 and stop worrying about the "might or might not happens". To me, that's just stinkin' thinking and goes against the players code. If it does die, resign to the fact that you paid half and its probable time for a new one :lol:

Handsome devil, what you heard is true:

there is a 16% failure rate.

It should however be noted that most of those were wave 1 machines and that 60% were RRoD. The other 40% were disc tray mishaps and so on.

That might be true Nestle', but you know who doesn't have a failure rate in my book? Costco, that's who :P Seriously, I bought my 360 almost a year and half ago, lost the receipt and luckily had everything else. Wife gave them her card, the date and WHAMMO!! $$Money back in our hands and off to the nearest Costco to pick up another bundle, which has COD4 :D A friend of mine adviced that I get the Elite instead, but with Costco's return policy and the bundle package for the Pro, I'll wait until Costco gets the new bundle with the Elite.

Ok, so my Wii is kinda dead. It just won't do anything except for a red light. It won't turn on or anything. Smash Bros is in 10 days...

HHHHHEEEEAAAAALLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, I've never heard of a Wii not working. Have you tried to unplug the machine for a little while? Or make sure their are batteries in your remote when you try to turn it on ;)? To be honest, I've had my Wii from day one and I've never had a problem with it! neo

Neo, I've heard of that problem several times actually, locally here. However, unplugging it and letting it be for awhile seems to work well.

Don, I know exactly what you mean. Costoc' return policy rocks!

The only reason why I probably wouldn't do that is just because I would lose all my save files, ect.

But sounds awesome! :D

:rolleyes: Yeah, I get to start from square 1 with all of my games. But on the brightside, I can do it on a console that works. I'll most likely go back to Hitman and then move onto COD4.

Neo, I've heard of that problem several times actually, locally here. However, unplugging it and letting it be for awhile seems to work well.

The only reason why I probably wouldn't do that is just because I would lose all my save files, ect.

Unplugging for how long? I'm gonna send it to Nintendo for repair unless there's another way. I left it unplugged overnight. A good amount of hours.

Unplugging for how long? I'm gonna send it to Nintendo for repair unless there's another way. I left it unplugged overnight. A good amount of hours.

man that sucks, ive had a wii since day one, and there has never been a problem. i hope you can get it fixed before smash bros. who knows what people like us might do if we have to wait any longer for that game!

try leaving it for a day or two. If you want to play it anytime soon I'd go for two days because I'm paranoid. If the next thing youwant to do is Smash Bros, then leave it off until then.

Quick question for folks, since it's awhile since I paid attention to my hard drive info. I bought the Pro 360 and it comes with 20GB Detachable Hard Drive, but is it divided somehow? Because when I went to save a profile for Hitman game, it said 9.9GB? Is this right or am I missing something? Let me know where the other 10.1 GB is, as I'm at a loss.

Quick question for folks, since it's awhile since I paid attention to my hard drive info. I bought the Pro 360 and it comes with 20GB Detachable Hard Drive, but is it divided somehow? Because when I went to save a profile for Hitman game, it said 9.9GB? Is this right or am I missing something? Let me know where the other 10.1 GB is, as I'm at a loss.

Some of the memory is "reserved" for updates and changes to the way the 360 runs.

So, a 20G ends up being like 13 or 14.

It's kind of sad but it is in you interest.

Thanks Nestle', I thought that might be the case and knew you guys would know for sure. I'll most likely get the 120 G Hard Drive once I get online. Have to get that WI FI connector for the 360 and hook it and the router up to each other though. Now something I am amazed at is how quiet this one is compared to the previous one. Hopefully I'll be able to follow my advice and just enjoy it until it's time to upgrade again.

try leaving it for a day or two. If you want to play it anytime soon I'd go for two days because I'm paranoid. If the next thing youwant to do is Smash Bros, then leave it off until then.

Meh, already sent it back. I'm not gonna get it back in time for SSBB, but hey I've got friends...

Gonna go die now...

HOLY CRAP SANDWICH!! I played a couple of levels of COD4 and now know what everyone's been so impressed with. If this is the graphics on my crappy 10 year old tv, I can't wait for the upgrade flatscreen :D