UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

I know I'm one of the only ones here still playing Halo but I thought I'd let you all know a couple of days ago I unlocked the samurai sword. Boo-Yah! :D

Nah, you aren't the only one Nestle :P I'm hoping to finish the game tonight and then start over at a harder level in the next day or so ;)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know I'm one of the only ones here still playing Halo but I thought I'd let you all know a couple of days ago I unlocked the samurai sword. Boo-Yah! :D

Ha, you're not the only one, I was actually on yesterday with my brother for a few hours. It's just CoD is SO much better :D. However, they crapped out and didn't include splitscreen online so when he's over we HAVE to play Halo.

I was trying to get the Samurai armour, that was one of the reasons I was still playing the game after beating it, but since I've started playing CoD I'm much more worried about upgrading my weapons than anything Halo has to offer. However, at the end of the day, a swift melee to the face in Halo 3 is always satisfing!!

I finally hooked up with Timbo last night and after we found a fair fight, we played pretty well! Restlegg, you'll be happy to know that I finished in 1st place in one of our last fights :).

Quick question, concerning my tag, you mentioned "neoLEGO" will all caps. If "neolego" is already taken can I still use "neoLEGO" even though it's basically the same thing? And, if not, I'm kinda diging IAmNeolego.... Now, I just have to go buy another points card! neo

I finally hooked up with Timbo last night and after we found a fair fight, we played pretty well! Restlegg, you'll be happy to know that I finished in 1st place in one of our last fights :).

Quick question, concerning my tag, you mentioned "neoLEGO" will all caps. If "neolego" is already taken can I still use "neoLEGO" even though it's basically the same thing? And, if not, I'm kinda diging IAmNeolego.... Now, I just have to go buy another points card! neo

I saw you guys online last night and tried to join, but my console/xbox live wouldn't

let me so I had to resort to not palying. I think the caps change the name around, and

btw your name is neoIego (with an I!!!!!!!) so I think it work out just fine. ;)

ps-Neo my name is rustlegg not restlegg (notice the u :biggrin: )

U.........E................What's the difference ;). That was just a minor typo, I try to stay away from those!

I'm contacting Xbox Live again today about my old account. See, it's there: neolego, I just can't sign in to live! I've emailed them this morning and I'm going to call them again this afternoon. There has to be SOMETHING they can do! Now that I'm really getting into live, I want to get this straightened out - ASAP! neo

U.........E................What's the difference ;). That was just a minor typo, I try to stay away from those!

I'm contacting Xbox Live again today about my old account. See, it's there: neolego, I just can't sign in to live! I've emailed them this morning and I'm going to call them again this afternoon. There has to be SOMETHING they can do! Now that I'm really getting into live, I want to get this straightened out - ASAP! neo

U...E....there both vowels anyways...... :P At I least I can sign in, it is just palying online

that blows over my console. Ther is somthing they can do though, CARE ABOUT QUALITY AND

CUSTOMER SUPPORT, the quality support guys over at microsoft must be getting high off dope

or just too drunk to make good decisions about their products....soo fustrating.....

On a note about the swoard, I only have 100 points left to get....soo close but yet so far away

Quick question. I'm gonna be offline til around April, when I'll get my wireless live thing. Is there a way that I can keep the tag and play offline, without having to pay for another few months? My time runs out in a week or so, and I dunno what to do.

Yeah, you're cool. You will not have that Tag as long as you are alive.......whether you use it or not :).

The trouble I had came with the original Xbox. See, back "in those days" (LOL), you HAD to put in a credit card to have a LIVE Account. What happened was I got rid of my Xbox for a GameCube and forgot about it, until the 360 came around. During that time my Credit Card expired. So, when I tried to get on to my 360 originally it could let me use "neolego" because there was a "Invaild Payment on Record" whatever that crap that means. The worse part was there was no way to update it or make it useable online again. Hence the new name!

In the end though, you are good. You will also have your Tag no matter what now and you can go a year with a silver or offline completely and your name will be secure! neo

Finished Halo on normal settings last night and going to try and crank it up to heroic today. I haven't had the chance to pick up COD 4 yet, but hear good things about it. I'll most likely finish out my existing games before I pick it up though.

So if I phone up Microsoft and ask them to take it offline, I can just out more time on it in April and there will be no trouble?

So if I phone up Microsoft and ask them to take it offline, I can just out more time on it in April and there will be no trouble?

No dude, there is no need to contact Microsoft. Simply unplug your router and enjoy the offline life. Then, in a few months, plug everything back together and update your membership to Gold, then come and let me kill you several times a game on CoD......it's just that simple :). neo

Thing is I have a credit card with the account, and I got an email which said on Jan 7th, I will automatically be upgraded to Gold and charged £40. So if I leave it, it will charge my dads credit card and he won't be happy.

Thing is I have a credit card with the account, and I got an email which said on Jan 7th, I will automatically be upgraded to Gold and charged £40. So if I leave it, it will charge my dads credit card and he won't be happy.

Ok, Ok, I misunderstood. You DO need to call Microsoft. in fact, that is exactly what I DIDN'T do and now I'm paying the price (no pun intended). Call them and explain everything to them BEFORE the 7th and you should be fine! neo

Regarding non-XBox-live news, I just got Double Dragon Advance for the GBA a couple of days ago (I play it on my DS), and I must say that it is probably one of my favorite games. . .of all time. I strongly recommend it to anyone that hasn't played it. It is definitely worth tracking down.

My 360 is giving me a lot of problems now. First it says that my Halo 3 disc is unreadable(it

doesn't even try to read it,pisses me off). Second and probabily the worst of everything, I have

Console freeze-ups and the worst god-awful lag ever about 2/3 of the time when I turn on my console.

I swear that if my 360 breaks again, then I am getting a PS3 for a ton of reasons.....

1)Jetta Pake has one, nuff said' ;):P

2)Blu-Ray capability (alot better than hd dvd)

3)Free Online play (take some notes, microsoft)

4)Online is not littered with 12 year-olds that have no controll over themselves (take some more notes microsoft)

5)Good exclusive games(MGS 4, Killzone 2, Uncharted, Grand Tourismo5 and Resistence FOM)

6)motion sensing controlls..a big thumbs up!

There will be a couple of letdowns though, I'll have to sell my 360, I probabily won't

play with Neo again(a blast) and I will have to re-level my CoD 4 player. I'm not sure about

getting rid of the 360, but it is somthing I will think about...See you all on Xbox live!

So..

Now things seem to be settling on live after the xmas chaos... Who's up for a multiverse Cod4 session?

If need be we can take this to a new thread but from what I've seen here there are enough of us to have a whole team or game of just multiverse guys (girls?).

Sound off if you're interested and we'll try and work out when we can do it.

T.

then I am getting a PS3 for a ton of reasons.....

1)Jetta Pake has one, nuff said' ;):P

Ha! Yes the PS3 is user-friendly enough for even someone like me.

To be honest, I was a big Sony hater for a long time. But the PS3 has been one of the sweetest purchases I think I've made in a very long time. The entire experience was pleasant. Easy to set-up. It sniffed out my Wi-Fi and I was online in minutes. Twenty minutes later I had more demos downloaded than I could ever reasonably get through during my days on the couch with the flu.

Now the wait for Burnout Paradise. I love these racing games!

We need to get a BUTT KICKING Multiverse Clan started..........and we need a lot of good people because I stink! There would be nothing cooler than 4 to 6 Clan members playing some Search and Destroy or Team Deathmatch or Headquarters or something. Man, I'd be ALL OVER THAT!!

Now, let me reply to Mr. WhinyWii over here for a moment.

[clears throat]

WHAT THE CRAP ARE YOU THINKING BOYYYYE!!

[waits for lame response]

So, you wanna sell your Xbox 360! Remember that time that I played my first online match with you and I had 1 kill and 17 deaths? Huh, and what about that time I learned that I could jab people with the knife? And then, there was that one time we played against the spawn humpers and I swore I'd never play again. And what about that time, while I lay dead on the streets of Afganastan singing "My Heart Will Go On"??? Come to your senses man!!

Seriously though, I agree with 2, 3, 4. In fact, because of the recent announcement of Warner and New Line, I've been shopping around for a PS3 myself, just for Blu Ray. But getting rid of your Xbox. Think of what you're missing! Xbox Live Arcade, Mass Effect, and a little something called HALO 3. Seriously, I can see where you're coming from but if I was left with only one console it would be the Xbox 360 and this coming from a Nintendo Fanboy. Start saving and get you a PS3 in a few months, but don't leave LIVE.............I NEED YOU....................My CoD Level NEEDS you ;).

Plus, Timbo wants to start a clan, we need some good soilders, don't him down.............he may call you a wanker!?!?! :D neo

I would be up for a multiverse CoD 4 match. Neo, first off, I AM NOT A NINTENDO FANBOY!!!!

My name is nintednowii because that's all I could think of about 1 year ag owhen I started posting

on Minimate hq and just cariied it on over to this board. I have never had anything nintendo and don't plan

on it in the future... And for xbox live arcade, I have no games on my console.. and the games don't

intrest me enough to spend money on them. And Mass Efect isn't that interesting to me AT ALL. And Halo 3,

not only does my disc drive read it as an "unplayable disc" but I HATE that game's multiplayer. I have to go

now, but I will continue writing more as I make up my mind....

Nah, dude, I was saying I'M a Nintendo Fanboy and I still prefer the Xbox 360.

Really, I'm just giving you a hard time. In fact, I think the PS3, as a console alone, is the best ever. It's just I don't like Sony and most of the really great games I can play on my Xbox. But, like I said, I'm really close to buying one for Blu Ray movies. Now that Universal and Paramount are the only companies supporting HD-DVD, I'm going to have to pick up a Blu Ray player first and if I'm going to spend the money, I might as well get a PS3. neo

Dont take this the wrong way Nintendo WII but did you ever move your 360 well it was running or play for a really long time because the symptoms you are describing happened to my nephew's 360? It kept saying his GEars of War was unreadable his 360 ended up being broken. Xbox replaced it. To find out if your xbox is broken rent or borrow somebody else's Halo3 and see if the same thing happens. Sorry about the potentially bad news :(

Tbt I'm totally down for a cod4 session my gamer tag is: wallbreaker2, send me a game invite or a friend request.

I'd be up for a CoD game, but i doubt we could work it to suit everyone with me in a different time zone. I need a load more practice tbf.

On another note I got my Wireless Network Adapter and stuck 3-months on my account, so I'll be seeing you online soon!

I don't agree with any of your reasons, actually Wii.

Okay, except Jattapake... :P

Some are valid to an extent: HDDVD vs BluRay...

But do you have a 1080p TV?

I have 2 720p tvs. What Sony hasn't told people is that DVDs ran at 720p... That means unles you have the niceest tv available you won't even notice a deifference between your crappy old dvds and your blu rays.

Beyond that, XBox live costs money because Sonys online communtiy blows.

And no, they don't keep kids off... Hate to break it to ya.

The other thing is that microsoft KNOWS they're the underdog and give the perception of caring. Get this:

XBoxLive had a few hiccups over the holiday season (nothing even considerably major) and so are giving EVERYONE on Xbox Live (gold or silver) a free 800 point Xbox Live Arcade game. (I'll let you guys know when it happens, should be next week or so).

I called microsoft one time and said: I think my headsets broken (it wasn't) so they sent me a new one.

At this point they've given me a couple free games, and extra hard drive and who knows what else is in the box under my bed. Oh yeah, and they fix your XBox for free.

I wouldn't trust sony to do that for.

I AM planning on getting a PS3 now that we have 2 360s (one for the Mrs.) and a Wii...

But not for another year.

Check your sources THATs how long it'll be before Sony gets good exclusives. :(

I should have just kept my mouth closed, I just got a mega ass-kicking :o Nestle, ther is some problems

w/playstation network,but live didn't meet up to the standards I heard from friends and video-game maniacs...

You said that you would't trust sony to repair your console, they don't break that much unlike like the

Break-box 360 :P (I just had to do that...) And they do have some good exclusives planned out for 08,I

won't go over them all because it's a list that might make some microsoft fanboys cry. Abd last, sure microsoft does

give you free things but that is because they suck. THey ship you a partially broken console and say that they will

repair it for free, the send you the Halo 3 limited edition and get you scratched(and in my case unreadable) discs

and say either pay $100 dollars to get your disc drive repaired or just pay $20 dollars to get another Halo 3 disc

that probabily won't work. I know I am sounding like a sony fanboy now and in my last couple of posts and don't

know what is happening to me. I'll think about this my self by tomorrow but execpt a final answer buy at least

the end of Feburary. See you all on Xbox live!

Just a quick pat on my back. I scored my first 20 kill deathmatch last night in CoD4. It has been my goal since I started. I would get like 4 and 5 kills and Wii or Timbo would have like 18 or 20. So, my goal was 20 kills and I hit last night on Downpour. 20 kills, 8 deaths, and +120 points. It was all good.........too bad Ruslegg or Timbo wasn't there to see it :(, you would have been proud. I also played through the 2nd level of the story. My friend (nakumura) is always like, "The story is awesome, you HAVE to play it". He's beat it twice already, but when I kick the game on, as much as I want to play the story, the Online is just too fun to miss.......it draws me in EVERYTIME!! Anyway, just wanted to share the love of the 20 kills - - - Now it's clan time! neo