UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

well i have three things to say,

1.there is a lego mmo coming out,i dont know when though.....

2.im amazing and cod4 online,btw tbt...i want to play you but you are never online

3.the big finally........http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/holiday/amazon-customers-vote

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2.im amazing and cod4 online,btw tbt...i want to play you but you are never online

You're amazing huh? and modest to boot! - next time I'm online I'll have to check those stats and see how amazing you really are ;)

Yeah I saw you were online and sure it'd be fun to get together and kick some CoD4 ass (This applies to anyone on here that has it), I haven't been online much this week cos it's been crazy busy but will likely be online over the weekend, unless I happen to get drawn into a store that has mass effect ;)

T.

I picked up Rock Band yesterday, and I freaking love it. It blows Guitar Hero out of the water. The drums are amazing, and the microphone is even fun. There is nothing quite like playing with two or three other people all jamming together.

In the spirit of topic changes I thought I'd drop by to let everyone know that New Maps for Halo are being realeased on Dec. 11th. :D

Yeah, but they cost 800 Microsoft Points (or was it 8000?) one of the two anyway. Thats costs me around £9 I believe. I think I'll do without them for a while!

8000? No it's 800. Approx. $10.

Still reasonable though.

As for anyone holding your breath for the big Marvel Universe MMO coming to 360... Don't. It is pretty close to cancellation sadly. Seems as though it was NEVER doing as well as we were led to believe. :(

I picked up Rock Band yesterday, and I freaking love it. It blows Guitar Hero out of the water. The drums are amazing, and the microphone is even fun. There is nothing quite like playing with two or three other people all jamming together.

Yeah, Rock Band is damn cool! I can't wait to have 4 people going at it. The most I've had so far is 3: me on vocals, my girlfriend on guitar and my 7 year-old daughter on drums... When comparing it to GH, are you talking about guitar vs. guitar, or rock band vs. guitar?

Glad to hear the Wii Zapper & Link's Crossbow training is worth it. I need a "gun". Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles just wouldn't be the same pointing a Wiimote at the screen!

Well, it's been a few days since this thread has moved, so I thought I'd post somthing to talk about. As amazed as I am with Super Mario Galaxy and Call of Duty 4, I have to say that LEGO: Star Wars is still holding my attention. I've played I and II several times over and now, with the complete saga I find myself just as excited to play through it all over again. I don't know if it's the LEGO fan from my childhood or the Star Wars fan from my Youth or what, but I cannot get enough of this game.

What system are you playing it on Neo? I've played one and two on the 'cube and loved them. In fact, I loved two so much I went back and played one again. :D

I've just ordered the complete saga for the DS. I got burned last year on the DS version of two (horrible game) luckily Amazon agreed to take it back and refund me. I was going to avoid Complete Saga but I've seen nothing but good reviews for it. Anyone else here played it on the DS yet?

Yeah, Rock Band is damn cool! I can't wait to have 4 people going at it. The most I've had so far is 3: me on vocals, my girlfriend on guitar and my 7 year-old daughter on drums... When comparing it to GH, are you talking about guitar vs. guitar, or rock band vs. guitar?

I actually prefer the GH guitar, as the strum bar on the Rock Band one seems more dull and doesn't have that nice snap to it. But as far as the gameplay goes, I much prefer Rock Band's guitar play. I think overall Rock Band has better graphics, options, gameplay, and songlist.

What system are you playing it on Neo? I've played one and two on the 'cube and loved them. In fact, I loved two so much I went back and played one again. :D

I've just ordered the complete saga for the DS. Anyone else here played it on the DS yet?

I am playing the complete saga on the Xbox 360. It is quite amazing and the upgraded HD graphics are nice. It is much of a difference, but you can clearly see the smoothness and shine of the next gen console. I do agree with you though, I've played through both the games several times myself and still find myself drawn to the Complete Saga. The stages are basically the same, there are a few new missions and retools, but for the most part it's still the same game.......and it's still just as fun!

As for the DS, I also have the DS version and I love it too. I've completed Episode I thru IV as of right now, but I've been replaying a lot of the levels on Free Play to get more money and minikits. The DS feels just like a scaled down version of the console game, down to the actual level design. In fact, if you are familiar with the console game you will be able to navigate and find some of the secrects in the DS game without blinking an eye, it's that close. The one thing that changes completely is the vehicle levels. I did NOT like the Podrace at all, it's just too fast to control and enjoy, sorry. However, I really like the combat levels. Flying the Gunship is awesome, and the Jedi Starfighter. The game uses the two screens, much like Nanostray. It's a vertical scrolling level with gates and enimies all over the place. Very cool!

Hope that helps, is really is fun whether it's on the Console or the DS. Of course, some may say I'm a little biased, but I love my LEGO Star Wars games! neo

As for the DS, I also have the DS version and I love it too. I've completed Episode I thru IV as of right now, but I've been replaying a lot of the levels on Free Play to get more money and minikits. The DS feels just like a scaled down version of the console game, down to the actual level design. In fact, if you are familiar with the console game you will be able to navigate and find some of the secrects in the DS game without blinking an eye, it's that close. The one thing that changes completely is the vehicle levels. I did NOT like the Podrace at all, it's just too fast to control and enjoy, sorry. However, I really like the combat levels. Flying the Gunship is awesome, and the Jedi Starfighter. The game uses the two screens, much like Nanostray. It's a vertical scrolling level with gates and enimies all over the place. Very cool!

Hope that helps, is really is fun whether it's on the Console or the DS. Of course, some may say I'm a little biased, but I love my LEGO Star Wars games! neo

Cheers for that Neo, I read that the new DS version was a total re-build rather than a porting over from one of the big consoles. It should arrive tomorrow. I guess the DS is coming to work with me. :D

I read that the new DS version was a total re-build rather than a porting over from one of the big consoles.

Well, it is a total Re-build as the levels are layed out differently and in a way that helps the limitations of the console. For instance, most stages are made up of psudo side scrolling corridors where you are in 3D and can move anywhere on the screen, only you are scrolling from left to right (or vise versa). So, in that sense it has changed. Let me give you a better example. In the very first stage you play as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan on the Trade Federation Blockade. On the console you exit the first room and go into a 3D corridor where you run up, battle some droids, and meet up with that silver C3PO (whatever it's number is). Then you enter the door using the robot into the next corridor. On the DS version, you start in the same room. You open the first door with force powers just like the console. However, instead of a behind the back 3rd person view in 3D, you have more of a side scrolling look to the level playing from left to right. At the end of that corridor you meet up with the robot and then using the touchscreen select the robot and enter the door, thus going on to the next corridor. There are subtle differences through out the whole game, but the core design of each level is carried into the DS version. You will see what I'm talking about when you finally play - - and you will enjoy!

On another note, what did everyone play for the Holiday? I spent most of my time with Link's Crossbow training. My wife and Mother-in-law LOVE that game. Then, after the Cowboy game the girls took a nap, and me and my Brother-in-law hit Halo and played for a while. What about you guys, any family video gaming going on?? neo

On another note, what did everyone play for the Holiday? I spent most of my time with Link's Crossbow training. My wife and Mother-in-law LOVE that game. Then, after the Cowboy game the girls took a nap, and me and my Brother-in-law hit Halo and played for a while. What about you guys, any family video gaming going on?? neo

I visited family last week, and on the trip over I played the hell out of some Super Mario Advance 4 (Super Mario Brother 3). Damn, I love that game. I haven't played much else at all.

Ha, I hear ya. I downloaded Mario 3 off the Virtual Console a few weeks ago and just recently beat it again. That game will forever be playable.....I'll probably be 70 years old and plug my Wii back up just to play Mario 3! neo

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Mass Effect yet...

I lost most of my holiday weekend to it! - My mini review would be that it's awesome, but the main quest is shorter than expected ( I've finished it already in about 20hrs) and that the framerate is horribly choppy at times.

However given the above it's a great and addictive space opera that is enthralling to play if you can get over the quirks!

T.

I've been on a major gaming kick this month. I've played and beaten Assassin's Creed and just yesterday Mass Effect on my 360, both of which are awesome games. Played halfway on Call of Duty 4 (have to go back to it here). I've gotten 87 stars of the 120 in Super Mario Galaxy and am now also getting into The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on the sweet gold colored DS I got it with in a bundle on Black Friday.

I still have some games I want to play as well out there... Contra 4, Final Fantasy III... Oy...I thought a while back that I'd kicked my gaming addiction. LOL

Well, it is a total Re-build as the levels are layed out differently and in a way that helps the limitations of the console. For instance, most stages are made up of psudo side scrolling corridors where you are in 3D and can move anywhere on the screen, only you are scrolling from left to right (or vise versa). So, in that sense it has changed. Let me give you a better example. In the very first stage you play as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan on the Trade Federation Blockade. On the console you exit the first room and go into a 3D corridor where you run up, battle some droids, and meet up with that silver C3PO (whatever it's number is). Then you enter the door using the robot into the next corridor. On the DS version, you start in the same room. You open the first door with force powers just like the console. However, instead of a behind the back 3rd person view in 3D, you have more of a side scrolling look to the level playing from left to right. At the end of that corridor you meet up with the robot and then using the touchscreen select the robot and enter the door, thus going on to the next corridor. There are subtle differences through out the whole game, but the core design of each level is carried into the DS version. You will see what I'm talking about when you finally play - - and you will enjoy!

Hey Neo, thanks for taking the time to explain all that. That's much appreciated fella. I'm really looking forward to this now. :)

Call of Duty 4 and Assasin's Creed are waiting for my under the tree........4 more weeks to wait. At least that gives me some more good time with LEGO Star Wars :D. As for Mass Effect, I think I'm gonna skip it. I was all excited for it, but after playing it at a friends over the weekend, I don't think it's worth it. The framerate is horrid. In fact, it's the worst I've ever seen a game......not the worst ever, just the worst I've ever witnessed in person. However, I can put aside graphic issues for a good core game, but in the end it's just too deep for me. That may be a shallow answer, but after close to an hour with the game I was still completely confused. I'm sure if I had the game and played day after day it would eventually come second nature, but it's just not my cup a tea. I want a game that is detailed enough to keep my attention, but friendly enough to be enjoyable and Mass Effect was neither. I know that I'm in the minority on this one, so all you guys have fun!

One last note, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass=Best DS Game EVER!........and one of the best Zelda games ever, you will throughly enjoy this one! neo

I've been way out of the gaming loop lately... But, my wife finally caved-in, and after an exhaustive search (and a 3 hour roadtrip), I got my 60g PS3 on Friday. Since I almost heartily refuse to pay full price for a game, I picked up Untold Legends for it, and have been enjoying the hell out of it daily. I also got Tony Hawk Proving Ground ($38 at Target on Black Friday), which is a fun game. Haven't played a TH since the first one, but I fell back into it pretty easily.

I'm hoping that Folklore will be under the tree for me this year. Really looking forward to playing that.

Just broke down and bought an Xbox 360. I also got Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, and Naruto: Rise of a Ninja.

Have to say that the Wii I bought a few months back has some major competition now.

As far as the games, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja is freaking fantastic as an RPG and a battle system. Great stuff, especially if you are a fan of the series or movies. Growing your characters and techniques is a great challenge. The Jitsu techniques are awesome with great control design for the Xbox controller.

I would have to say Halo 3 is the worst game of the bunch, not that it's a bad game, just in comparison to the others.

On a game related note, has anyone seen the Hitman movie yet?

I'm a big fan of the games, and I did enjoy the movie. I don't think they got the character perfect to be honest. He shouldn't have given the girl any sympathy, its not in his character at all! There was plenty of killing, and he showed no remorse which was a good adaptation of the character. I was glad to see his Silver Ballers and Sniper in a briefcase being his main weapons. The fight scene on the train with the swords was awesome. I didn't like all the high-tech stuff he carried. Seemed wrong for him in my opinion, but hey.

I liked the little nods toward the games, such as the flowers, taking someones clothes, and one of the games actually being featured in it. I was disappointed that the line "Guards are looking for a suspicious bald man" wasn't in it, as it came up alot for me while in the games, esp Hitman 2.

On the whole the character wasn't perfect and the plot was fairly hard to follow, but I enjoyed this Movie and would give it a solid 7/10

Quick Request for you guys. I'm jonesing for some Guitar Hero III. I don't want to get into a personal discussion, but I prefer not to listen to secular music so I haven't bought Guitar Hero because of the Lyrics of the songs. That being said, a friend of mine said there was a way to turn the lyrics OFF. Of course, he doesn't own the game so I don't know how much he actually knows. So, with that being said, I know several people here have the game. Can someone confirm if there is a way to turn the Lyrics of the songs off and just have the music? If you can this may be under my tree this week :D. neo

I've been way out of the gaming loop lately... But, my wife finally caved-in, and after an exhaustive search (and a 3 hour roadtrip), I got my 60g PS3 on Friday. Since I almost heartily refuse to pay full price for a game,

You don't mind paying out for a 3 hour road trip to get the console, but you won't pay a few dollars more for a full priced game? That seems strange to me.

I'd do the exact opposite. I wouldn't travel far to get a console, but would a happily pay full price for a game, rather than going for a cheaper alternative. Different minds I guess.

I just got a Yobo in the mail recently (a system that plays old Nintendo games), and now that the nostalgia bug has hit me, I spent about 80 bucks for 20 or so games off eBay over the weekend. That's including Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!, Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon, Metroid, Ice Hockey, Bionic Commando, Strider, Ghosts and Goblins, Jackal, Duck Tales, Tetris, Pro Wrestling, Solomon's Key and more. I can't wait to get these bad boys so that I can relive my childhood. Early Christmas present to myself!

5 words people who have a ds:halo ds guitar hero ds

Halo is made by Microsoft, so Nintendo wouldn't get it. Also the whole point of guitar hero is to have a guitar, so it would be pointless on a ds.

Halo DS was made, but until MS and Nin meet in the middle (which would never happen), we will never see Halo DS.

As for Guitar Hero, it is in the works, but nothing is confirmed as of now. I think it will happen though and if will be cool. To Dan: give "Jam Sessions" a try. It's great and extrememly deep. Of course with Jam Sessions you actually make the music and it's very detailed, but you use the bottom screen to "scrum" the guitar strings. Combine that with the addictive play of Guitar Hero and you have an instant winner. I truly believe it will happen, look for it around the time IV is released!

And, since we are talking about GH, will someone answer my question??!? neo