UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Hey, TBT! I was a big fan of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. (I also didn't like the Rainbow Six: Vegas online because battle loses something indoors!) If you ever played Battlefield 2, how does CoD4 compare online? Can you get in tanks, helicopters, etc? Are there different classes of soldiers with different weapons? I'm dying for a good online battle...

Haven't played BF2 as it was out way before I got my 360 and I've been distracted by the myriad of new stuff coming out.

No vehicles, but I don't think it needs them, the levels are indoors and out and although large for 'on foot' would be too small for vehicles if you ask me.

As for Classes etc... oh boy yes there is! :D - It's a system where you unlock stuff with experience ( a bit like R6Vegas) but it's still really well balanced to keep it fair for those that haven't unlocked anything yet and when you do it's balanced to be about making choices that suit your style of gameplay than becoming uber powerful. Probably easier if you go read a review but this part of mulitplayer totally rocks and is VERY addictive.

T.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey anybody play guitar hero because i want to buy it and is it good

Are you talking about GH1, GH2, GH3, or GH: Rocks the 80's? No matter which one you're talking about, I highly recommend them! I haven't played much of anything else since I started buying the Guitar Hero games...

Yeah, Guitar Hero is one of those few games that come along that make you forget that you are playing a game. It's completely involving and it's easy to get lost in the music! (Pun intended). Alas, I still don't own it.... neo

Funny, Handsome, that is what I was just about to say!!

That's right, after almost a YEAR of crap on the Wii, it has finally come Full Circle. If this is any indication of what Nintendo has in store for the hardcore gammer next year we may just have a banner year, and it all kicks off with Smash Bros.

I have to be honest with you, I was so completely turned off by the Wii. In fact, the last game that I purchased and played new was Super Paper Mario......what was that, ARPIL? Sure, RE4 was nice to have, but it's a rehash. Metroid came out too, but I still haven't played it and don't plan too, especially when I know I have Halo 3 sitting on the shelf. What am I saying? Nintendo is only hurting themselves in the long run. The Wii was a fad at the begining and they will keep a number of their casual fans, especially with WiiFit coming soon. But it's the Hardcore fanbase that is going to keep the momentum in their favor.

Maybe it's time to confess, about 2 months ago I unplugged my Wii and had every intention of trading it into Gamestop.......but I knew that I would one day regret it. Well, that day has come. Super Mario Galaxy (and SMB3 on the Virtual Consol) has completely restored my faith in Nintendo. It may take them a while to get a game out, but when they do it's worth ever day spent on it. Galaxy is one of the greatest playing experience that I've ever had and for the 1st time since completing Twilight Princess, I can't put the Wiimote down! November, and maybe the holidays, goes to Wii! neo

Thanks for the input, I'll have to rent super Mario Galaxy. What's the total play time on that.

Just beat Spiderman: Friend or Foe, not very impressed with the Wii version, super repetitive.

Manhunt 2: Great Wii Game (never played the original or other platform versions), but with the editing they did to the violence, it can be hard to visually see what's going on during executions.

Manhunt 2: Great Wii Game (never played the original or other platform versions), but with the editing they did to the violence, it can be hard to visually see what's going on during executions.

I thought that was the point? The game was banned over here, as it was too violent and apparently led to real violence. This one will probably get banned too.

I'm thinking of renting a game over the weekend. I was thinking of either CoD 4 or Tranformers. I've heard positive things about both. Or should I get Marvel: Ultimate Alliance? Will I be able to get into it in two days?

What I don't want to do is get an addictive game, that I will want to buy straight away, that I can't afford. Does that mean I shouldn't get CoD 4?

Any advice?

I'm thinking of renting a game over the weekend. I was thinking of either CoD 4 or Tranformers. I've heard positive things about both. Or should I get Marvel: Ultimate Alliance? Will I be able to get into it in two days?

What I don't want to do is get an addictive game, that I will want to buy straight away, that I can't afford. Does that mean I shouldn't get CoD 4?

Any advice?

You will be able to play through the single player of CoD4 in two days, it's a great game really intense and fun single player but short, 6-8 hrs maybe.

What system are you going to be playing on? - if it's a 360 then let me know your gamertag and if you have time we can play some multiplayer in too :)

T.

They should not edit Manhunt 2. It's clearly a game for adults, and if you buy a game named "MAN HUNT" rational clear details when hunting/killing is a must. When I play the game now, I can't even clearly see what I'm doing, I just hear the person I'm executing screaming with a blurred static screen.

Transformer Wii was a god awful repeatitive game with insane poor controls. I rented it, played it for 2 days, and wanted to kill the makers. If you are a big transformer fan, you will probably love the graffics and transformations, but it's a straight rental in my book. Marvel Ultimate Alliance was also repetitive, but better than Transformers with multiplayer capabilities.

Yeah I meant 360. Sorry, should have put that.

My Gamertag is ShadowSpartan12, as in my avatar, but it's unreadable to most. I mainly play Halo 3, but want something different for a change.

Changing the subject just a bit... Let me ask you Wii experts a question. Are these still hard to find all over the USA or just my neighborhood? I was given the option of waiting three hours in line for a cchance to buy one. Thats crazy, but my kids want one for Christmas.

Shane, they are still extremely hard to find. Sony is scoffing at the limited supply on Wiis.........of course when your own system is crashing and burning you have to find something to scoff at! :D

I seldom walk into any store, Walmart, Target, Bestbuy, GameStop, etc. and see a system for sell. However, I did notice 4 units at Target when I picked up Mario Galaxy so maybe they will start getting some more for the holiday rush. I'd just say be diligent man, go early and go often!

And, taking a que from Shane, to change the subject....two words:

Free

Halo 3

(wait, does "Halo 3" constitute one word or two? 3 really isn't a word, lol)

Read about it here: Free Copy of Halo 3

So, in short, if you haven't bought a 360 yet, GET YOUR BUTT OUTTA THE COMPUTER CHAIR AND GO!!! This is an AWESOME promotion! For all those that are on the fence about getting a 360 or have just been waiting for the right time, the future is upon you! neo

Thats awesome, but doesnt apply to UK or I'd do this. Sucks to be here I guess.

Well, it's been a few days since this thread has moved, so I thought I'd post somthing to talk about. As amazed as I am with Super Mario Galaxy and Call of Duty 4, I have to say that LEGO: Star Wars is still holding my attention. I've played I and II several times over and now, with the complete saga I find myself just as excited to play through it all over again. I don't know if it's the LEGO fan from my childhood or the Star Wars fan from my Youth or what, but I cannot get enough of this game. Which brings me to my point of discussion. By the end of next year we are going to have LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman games. I can only argue that by adding LEGO to a known game it's going to be a winner. I believe that LEGO Star Wars is the best Star Wars game I've ever played (with KOTOR and Rouge Squadron a close 2nd and 3rd). I also believe that LEGO Batman and LEGO Indiana Jones will follow suit and be the best respective games ever released from those licenses. So, what would you guys like to see. After playing LEGO Star Wars all weekend, I started thinking about this and though it would be fun to talk about. What are some ideas of LEGO licenced games you'd like to see in the future. Here are my ideas:

LEGO Racers

Genre: Racing

Players: 1-4

Think: Need for Speed LEGO

Story: You play as a created LEGO racer who is entering your rookie year on the LEGO circuit. Race your way through victory to earn prizes, upgrades, money and fame!

Features:

-Create a Racer from hundreds of LEGO parts

-Customize your car in every way, including custom logos

-5 Race Types: Circuit, Off Road, Water, Air, Space

-Race online against your peers or take part in online Tournaments

LEGO Knights

Genre: Action Adventure

Players: 1-2 (Co-Op)

Think: LEGO Star Wars meets Oblivion

Story: Evil Warlock, Captured Princess, Outraged Dragon, Missing King, you name it, it could be done.

Features:

-Seemless Open World

-Complete Create a Character Options (included Gender, Race, Equipment, Name)

-Hundreds of Side Quests to be completed

-Build dozens of Weapons and Tools to use along the way

-Customize your Own Castle with Build Tool

LEGO

Genre: MMO

Players: 1

Think: Home (PS3)

Story: It's your life, live it how you want, in LEGO blocks!

Features:

-Create a personal LEGO Avatar

-Explore the fully Interactive Community: Meet, Chat, and Challenge other LEGO users

-View clips, play games, and build anything your heart can imagine

-Upload any building plans to LEGO and purchase your creation or post it to the bulliten and sell it to others

So, what, maybe I just have too much time on my hands, but I'm a LEGO fan what can I say. I think there are some good ideas, and while I don't see any of the happening it would be nice. I'd just like to see LEGO get some credit for a game not based on a License. They have Knights, Mission Mars, Blacktron, Aquanauts, Racers, Vikings, City, and Rock Raiders just to name a few. If TT can do that good with LEGO Star Wars, I'm sure they could make any LEGO line fun to play. Here's to many more LEGO games in the future!

On a side note, if LEGO games do keep coming out and doing well, maybe they will spark some interested in a........Minimate Game!! neo

Well, in the Spirit of "lack of participation" AND "topic change" because Nestle is in love with Halo, I picked up the Wii Zapper last night. Let me say, don't knock it till your rock it people. It's actually really cool. It comes with Link's Crossbow Training and it ranges from 3 types of shooter.

There is Target Practice where you just play like an old arcade game and shoot targets as they come up. During the play you can also shoot pumpkins and chickens and jars and the like for extra points.

The next type is a rotating shooter. Here Link is stationary but you can more 360 degrees around. You are up against enemies that are walking toward you and you can to mow them down. The cool there here is there are random "Green Glowing" bad guys and if you kill them your crossbow turns into an automatic for a short time, which is really fun.

The final type is a more straight forward shooter. Here, you use the Nunchuck to move Link around, forward, stryfe, etc. And, you use the gun as a right stick if you will to control the aim of the weapon. Here you just go through a level and try to wipe out as many guys as possible in the time limit. The cool thing here is there is a Zoom feature and you can sneak up and snipe a number of the bad guys before they ever see you.

This game was a BLAST. I had my wife, my sister-in-law, and my mother-in-law playing last night for points and we were all having a blast. This again is more for a casual gamer as it's nothing too deep, but it is a lot of fun and once you get the hang of the Zapper you can really do well. In fact, I pride myself on making sure I always beat my mother-in-law at anything and she actually beat me twice last night as we played more, so it's very user friendly.

Just a few quick notes. First, you need to play with the Nunchuck REMOVED from the Zapper if you are right handed. If not you find yourself trying to move at the butt of the gun with your right hand and trying to fire with your left. Taking the Nunchuck out and putting it in your left hand feels much more natural and then add the better feeling of the gun in your right hand as if you were holding a pistol, it's just more natual all the way around.....if you are right handed. Which brings me to my next point, my sister-in-law is left handed and she could not play with the Nunchuck seperate from the Zapper. In fact, she played dang good in the proper Zapper position, usign her right hand to move with the nunchuck and the left hand to shoot. So, if you are left handed, try it both ways and see what you thing.

Overall the thing is $20......and it's FUN. If they charged $49.99 for this I would laugh my way out of the store, but what else can you buy for $20 nowadays? You just can't beat that price and it's a solid effort that takes you back into the world of Twilight. You would normally think for a budget game you would get a crappy, low quality effort, when in fact you get a high quality product that is worthy of the Zelda title. Sure, it's not incredibly deep, but it's fun and innovative and pretty to look at (for the Wii of course). So, if you have $20 lying around and own a Wii it is worth the investment. neo

By the end of next year we are going to have LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman games. I can only argue that by adding LEGO to a known game it's going to be a winner. I believe that LEGO Star Wars is the best Star Wars game I've ever played (with KOTOR and Rouge Squadron a close 2nd and 3rd). I also believe that LEGO Batman and LEGO Indiana Jones will follow suit and be the best respective games ever released from those licenses.

I've been waiting for the Batman LEGO game for 2 years now. Seems like it can't come out soon enough. Compared to the other Batman related games, this is easily going to be the best ever released for that franchise.

Other LEGO related games....Knights would be good, Space would be better IMO. Old school Space fan here. :) LEGO Racers would be good - I know they've done some PC related Racers stuff. My impression is those were very 'kiddie' - I could easily be wrong.

In the spirit of topic changes I thought I'd drop by to let everyone know that New Maps for Halo are being realeased on Dec. 11th. :D

Yeah, but they cost 800 Microsoft Points (or was it 8000?) one of the two anyway. Thats costs me around £9 I believe. I think I'll do without them for a while!