UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Ha, I was playing Halo last night so I didn't read the post. Thanks for the heads up Nestle. Guess I'm gonna have to make you pay for that online Dante ;).

Hey, I have a quick question for the Halo players. I know this is probably going to be simply it's going to make me feel stupid, but I don't know how to replay. I'm watching these vidoes online and people are playing through the campaign and then time stops and you can go around the map and checkout what's going on. I can't do that. I've read the manual several times, but it's only talking about the Theater. Do I have to watch the videos in the theater and if so, how do I get them there? I assumed there was just a button that you could press during gameplay that could stop and let you check things out. Help a brother out! neo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha, I was playing Halo last night so I didn't read the post. Thanks for the heads up Nestle. Guess I'm gonna have to make you pay for that online Dante ;).

Hey, I have a quick question for the Halo players. I know this is probably going to be simply it's going to make me feel stupid, but I don't know how to replay. I'm watching these vidoes online and people are playing through the campaign and then time stops and you can go around the map and checkout what's going on. I can't do that. I've read the manual several times, but it's only talking about the Theater. Do I have to watch the videos in the theater and if so, how do I get them there? I assumed there was just a button that you could press during gameplay that could stop and let you check things out. Help a brother out! neo

well i have no idea who told you that but that is online only so whenever you play online it automatically records it and it goes in to theater.

So you can't watch back campaign missions when you are playing local with a friend? neo

You can watch campaign but only in the theater and some of the functionality is stripped, see my previous post.

Also as Nestle suggested bungie.net has some cool tutorial type stuff.

So guys now I've finished the campaign, when are we going to get everyone online at once?

T.

So you can't watch back campaign missions when you are playing local with a friend? neo

You can watch campaign but only in the theater and some of the functionality is stripped, see my previous post.

Also as Nestle suggested bungie.net has some cool tutorial type stuff.

So guys now I've finished the campaign, when are we going to get everyone online at once?

T.

ill be online tonight.. if we cant get a group together for campaign we can atleast get some matchmaking done and see if we can rank up a bit

Thx Nestle, that helped a lot. I so with TBT though, this was pretty cheap not including FF/RW on the Campaign videos. Of course, then I realized how flippin sweet the game is and just didn't care as much ;).

We, I had my first real playthrough with my brother last night. We played through I guess level 3 or 4. We both couldn't stop saying that this is the greatest game of all time. Sure, graphically and story wise and even gameplay and A.I. it's not the best, but it's more of the package deal. It's just fun as heck to play. We played until about Midnight tonight and he'll be coming back over again this weekend. I honestly love the game and I'm only just getting started. I haven't even touched The Forge yet and haven't played one Multi-Player match yet, so there is still tons for me to do and learn, but so far I'm loving every minute! neo

It's official I totally suck at Halo3 online, I don't know if it's just me that feels that way but people jumping like fricking rabbits on heat everywhere is really stupid and annoying... It's taking a lot of getting used to after the relatively sedate pace of R6V.

oh and I died a lot... There's a surprise!

There is something very frustrating about a game where you can empty both clips from spikers into someone or hit him with a shotty point blank and he doesn't die but then shoots you once and you die, it really seemed uneven with how much damage you do. I assume it's where host advantage is everything. I went back and looked at some of the replays and where it seemed like I was hitting people in game it was slightly behind in the video or it seemed to hit and not register damage.

I cant see me sticking with this one too fustrating and it will likely be the first 360 game I have that I'm going to put it up for trade fairly soon.. :(

T.

I will agree with the online thing Timbo. Given, I haven't tried Halo 3 online, but I used to hate playing Halo 2. Mainly because I suck. I mean, let's face it. I'm 25 years old. I have a wife and a daughter. I have two jobs that keep me relatively busy. Then, when I do get free time to spend I like to do some gameing. However, when I take it online I get completely blownout. Maybe I'm just a really sucky player and need to accept my fate, but it's like that with anything. I can play Madden online (which I think I'm pretty good at) and get shutout. I can play Mario Kart DS online (which I've beat the whole single player game and unlocked everything) and still finished 6th or 7th. Truly, I love the idea of online, but when you get your butt kicked everytime you sign on, it starts to loose it's luster.

However, I resolve to make a difference in Halo 3. I'm playing more often and I'm going to hone my skills, and I'm going to play online until I get at least 1 game where I am the winner. And my friends...........that might take a while ;). neo

However, I resolve to make a difference in Halo 3. I'm playing more often and I'm going to hone my skills, and I'm going to play online until I get at least 1 game where I am the winner. And my friends...........that might take a while

Oh, you will be a winner when I eventually face you one to one :lol:

Tim & Neo I actually have a friend with the same frustrations as you two.

Winning just doesn't seem to happen.

I can't give much advise except that if you're just starting online play BASIC TRAINING. It's not nearly as competetive.

Second, Halo IS ALL ABOUT knowledge. The person who knows how to use a weapon will win 90% of the time.

I've taught a lot of people how to play Halo, so if anyone is willing to learn I can teach you how to win. But I understand if it's already annoyed you too much.

As for the story, it DOES pick up further into the game Neo.

Another thing about multiplayer is, even though Halo matchmaking DOES work and DOES match you agaionst same-skilled players it takes about a month to work.

See for an example:

I don't want to brag but I'm pretty good at Halo. I, however have not played ANY ranked games yet. What this means is even though you and I might not be at the same skill level we'll be matched together because we're both level 1s. I'll progress faster and you'll probably never play me again, but off the start you might end up playing A LOT of these players since the game just came out. Result: Getting schooled over and over. :(

Well, we did it last night. My brother and I beat Halo 3 on Heroic. It's was pretty awesome. Not quite as Epic of an ending as I would have liked, but it was completely satisfying. I'm not sure what the 8th level is, but it was the "One inside the Anus" as we refered to it, I agree it was a complete mess. Altogether though it was great. A lot of cool moments. The only thing that I didn't get was I never once saw the Flamethrower, I thought that was new for the story, but I never saw one. I guess I'll just have to wait for Multiplayer :D. neo

I used the Flamethrower twice in the campaign. It was useless against the Flood cos they just get close and set you on fire. It's good in the multiplayer though.

I thought the Incendary grenades sucked. They barely did any damage and the fire wasn't even that big. I was well dissappointed.

Neo, level 8 WAS the anus. Though I didn't hate it, it WAS my least favorite level (because of the confusion).

The flamethrower WAS in the anus, and unlike Dan I found it VERY useful against the flood. When we played coop the person with it would always go first.

Also, I LOVE the incidiary grandes. They may not be as useful as the others but they're so much fun! You'll kill a person if you hit them with it, but it's not as easy as it sounds. Most of the time you end up with a useless patch of burning ground in the middle of the fight.

Oh, and Neo, sorry I never came back from my "junkfood run," but the wife comes first. Plus, my wife KILLS at Halo. Maybe you'll get to meet her... And she'll get to kill you. ;):P

I don't know......some people say that going head on to the front of my chopper is dangerous. :lol:

Man, Halo 3 is all you could want in any videogame, so far it's my favorite game out! :biggrin: ;)

I've found that I really, only like playing Capture the flag..........because everthing else I play I really suck at :).

On a side note, I don't think I have everyone's Gamertag. To save me from going through all 49 pages again, if you have an Xbox 360 list your gamertag, I want to make sure I have everyone on my friend list.

And, for those that don't know where my Signature is located ;), mine is: neoDS.

We really need to get like a clan or something started, what do you guys think? neo

We really need to get like a clan or something started, what do you guys think? neo

Well that' the part where bungie "oopsed". Sorry to break you, but there is NO clans whatsoever in Halo 3.

I know that it suckes............. :(:angry:

I beat it on heroic, but not legendary yet. As for the flamethrower, it is in the "anus" level in at least two spots. It worked great for me for taking down the flood. Also, be sure to watch the ending all the way thru the credits to see the full thing. I know some people skip the credits and therefore haven't seen the full ending. Also I suggest everyone picking up Conan. The game is a blast to play. If you love God Of War, you'll really like Conan. There is lots of topless girls and dismemberments, so make sure you're old enough to first. The Orange Box comes out this month too. That will be another game worth buying.

Hey, what's your GT crippler??

As for Conan, I've heard some good things too, but I'll resist due to the topless ladies. I will be picking up the Orange Box though! neo