UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Actually Phantom Hourglass is top of my want list right now. As soon as I get out of debt, it shall be mine!

I still haven't got Twilight Princess as I don't have a Wii and it is still £40 on Gamecube. Too much for me!

twilight princess is probably the best zelda ever!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anybody been reading Halo: Uprising? I bought Issue one a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. I don't understand why they didn't release this before Halo 3 came out, as this is supposed to bridge the gap between 2 and 3.

Also have you seen the new Halo vid on Xbox Live. Its called Halo: Landfall. I think it's fantastic!

Does anyone else really want that Warthog?

Uprising was supposed to come out before H3... But it didn't work out.

Bendis is one of Marvel's best writers and all issue 1 proved to me is that: It doesn't matter how good a writer you are, if a person doesn't care about your characters they won't care about your book. :(

On another note Landfall was actually out BEFORE H3 launched, it's just taken a long time to hit the marketplace. That being said: It's friggin sweet. I love the ODST. :biggrin:

Bungie drove it (the warthog). YOu notice how noone rides in the turret? The guys at Bungie say that they found out realistically speaking it's impossible. The force and acceleration of the warthog driving pulls the person right off the back.

I thought Bendis wrote it well, and he was one reason I bought it in the first place. Anyone know when Issue 2 'should' be out. And I use should loosely.

I loved that vid. The ODST are great, that's why I wear their helmet (see pic). I had always thought about that. I had assumed the Chief had some sort or Magnet in his boots or something like that, but that doesn't explain the Marines . . . oh well. It still looks good. They should have just made the (as I call it)SUV one, with no turret and more seats. That is personally my favourite Warthog to be honest.

I haven't heard anymore about uprising, sorry Dan.

The ODST have always been my favorites, and I actually go out of my way to watch their backs in the game.

Personally the Gausse is my favorite warthog but I love the way the troop carrier handles. It feels "heavier" to me. I asked some other people and they didn't seem to notice, but I spend most of my time in Halo driving the warthog so I think that's the difference.

I'm sure though, that since they were only building one warthog they had to build the trademark original.

I'm exactly the same! I've done it since Halo: Combat Evolved. I throw myself into combat so they don't die, and use my bubble shield to protect them. I think the's why I love the troop carrier. I noticed the handling too. I think it's easier to drive too.

I love having the ODST at my side, and never leave a man behind. Alot of the time, I have gone to last check point when they die.

OK, back to video games & not books about video games! ;)

Who bought Guitar Hero III? Which system? How do you like the new guitar controller? I bought mine for the good old PS2 (remember that?), so I just bought the game by itself. I had my first Boss Battle with Tom Morello last night. It was pretty interesting. I can't wait to get Slash!

Nah, although Guitar Hero is one of the greatest games of all time, I just can't do it because of the music. I had to trade in my Guitar Hero II. If only they had a "Music Only" option with no words. Oh well, you guys enjoy!

It's not a big loss though, I've been busy with Battlestar Galactica, Madden, and Phantom Hourglass. Then, NEXT WEEK, Call of Duty 4 and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Series. Then the following week, Super Mario Galaxy! Christmas is coming early this year boys!! neo

im getting a psp today

I'm sorry :P

and megaman powered up.is megaman a cool game

Megaman is great, always has been. Powered up is a updated version of Megaman 1 I believe. I haven't played Powered Up because I do not own a PSP, but if it's anything like Megaman 1 it will be stellar! neo

im getting a psp today

I'm sorry :P

Nice. :D

Don't worry Neo. Just cause I went soft on FOF does NOT mean I wouldn't have said the same thing in the situation. ;)

Oh PSP... Why prolong the inevitable?

In other news, Sony was in the black this quarter. Even though the rest of company did quite well the games devision dragged them so far into the hole the rest couldn't make up for it.

Wow, tomorrow is November and there isn't a better way to kick of the "Month of Thanksgiving" than hearing about Sony crashing and burning.

Thanks for the good news Nestle :). neo

I found this a little interesting, so I thought I would share it:

I know a lot of people aren't very big on Halo who've tried it and I think 1up has stumbled onto something. A few years a ago they wrote a segment called "The Five Broken Rings." It was the five reasons why Halo 2 wasn't as good as Halo CE. Anyways, they wrote a follow up paper and it says they fixed most of the problems. (YOu can read it here: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3164057 )

But they also challenged Bungie with 5 new problems. Here's #5:

5. Still Not Newbie-Friendly, At All

What's the Problem? If you didn't play Halo 2 regularly online, chances are you're not going to give Halo 3's multiplayer a serious chance. Because you know that it's still a very inaccessible experience to most casual gamers. It's still hard to run around and have fun when you're constantly being killed seemingly out of nowhere (see problem No. 1), and if you don't know the maps, you're at a substantial disadvantage. For a game with such titanic popularity and expansive reach, it makes no effort to elegantly induct new players. Only dedicated players can enjoy it; it scares away and taunts first-timers. And let's not even bring up bots.

Has anybody been reading Halo: Uprising? I bought Issue one a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. I don't understand why they didn't release this before Halo 3 came out, as this is supposed to bridge the gap between 2 and 3.

Also have you seen the new Halo vid on Xbox Live. Its called Halo: Landfall. I think it's fantastic!

Does anyone else really want that Warthog?

i read halo uprising,has the 2nd issue been released? <_<

Heck Yes, tomorrow is like the BEST VIDEO GAME DAY OF THE YEAR!!!! Especially if you add Next week. Tomorrow you have Call of Duty 4, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Scene It, and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and then if you add next week you have Super Mario Galaxy and Assasin's Creed. Crap, there goes my Christmas money :D. neo

Is anyone else as excited as I am for CoD4 tomorrow?

You can keep your H3 multiplayer... I'll see you on live in Cod4 instead!

T.

Amen on that, it seems like forever untill this weekend when i get COD4.And neo, i am just as excited about

Lego starwars as you are.

Lego Star Wars has now added my favorite jedi of all time, Plo Koon. Speaking of which, has anyone bought the Sideshow figure? (Since there is that small Sideshow topic cause of the banners)

Well after..many hours of play yesterday... COD4 is now without a doubt my fave online game :)

It feels like a more open, crazier version of R6Vegas on too much caffeine :) and unlike Halo3 even though I'm getting my ass kicked it never feels unfair! - getting points for ranking up is addictive and I had to force myself to put the controller down and go to bed last night!

The maps are beautiful in a run down grungy kind of way and with the right perks/kit loadout I can totally see everyone finding a niche play style that's effective.

The perks system doesn't seem as useful as I'd expect but is a nice touch as is getting extras like sights for the guns as you go up in ranks, which happens quickly, after just one day I'm at rank 9 already!

I've been working my way through the single player COD4 too, The graphics and chaos that are going on around you are amazing, sometimes there's just so much going on that it's a bit overwhelming... in a good way :)

I haven't finished it yet but from what I hear single player is darn short but def feels like quality over quantity.

If you have a 360 then go out and buy it, then come look me up and kick my ass online :)

T.

Hey, TBT! I was a big fan of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. (I also didn't like the Rainbow Six: Vegas online because battle loses something indoors!) If you ever played Battlefield 2, how does CoD4 compare online? Can you get in tanks, helicopters, etc? Are there different classes of soldiers with different weapons? I'm dying for a good online battle...