Video Game Discussion

neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guitar Hero 3 comes out Sunday the 28th. I may end up buying it but I'm trying to tear myself away from Halo. AHHH who am I kidding I can't stop playing Halo. I never see you playing Halo Neo. You added me but we have not got to play yet. Also I was wondering if you guys want to play some Gears of War. I've been playing that a few times this week. I forgot how awesome this game is. The maps are free now so get em now.

Yeah, I've been kinda scarce lately Hotstuff. Last week a went on a retreat and I've had several things going on this week so far. I actually haven't played Halo in about 2 weeks. I will probably be on tonight, but if not I will be doing some major playing tomorrow. Maybe we can hook up then.

As for Guitar Hero, there have been games released on Sunday. In fact, I'd have to research to be certain, but I think I remember a number of Nintendo's big releases being on Sunday. In fact, Smash Bros Brawl is coming out of a Sunday (2/10/08). I know a lot of Nintendo's games come out of Monday, but I believe there have been several in the past that were released on Sunday. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll look into it, but I don't think Sunday is much of a stretch. If you think retail minded, all of the new adds come out on Sunday and so it's good promotional fodder. neo

So 2 things have surprised me in the last 2 weeks.

First: How little attention Spider-man FOF has received from you guys.

What's going on!?!? :blink: If I would make any assumption about this forum it's that you guys will play a superhero game no matter how bad it is. Then, FOF comes out (Which I, surprisingly really like) and no one talks about it.

Second: Where the hell is Ady!?!?! :(

A few months ago he was on XBox Live more than the rest of us combined... Now he's been OFFLINE for 29 DAYS!?!?

First: How little attention Spider-man FOF has received from you guys.

What's going on!?!? :blink: If I would make any assumption about this forum it's that you guys will play a superhero game no matter how bad it is. Then, FOF comes out (Which I, surprisingly really like) and no one talks about it.

Dude, have you actually played the game?!?!?! Seriously Nestle, I'm as big a Spidey fan as the next and if I had someone to play this with I might put up with it, but I think the game is just awful. It's too bright and cutsey and way too repetative.

What I want is a sequal to Ultimate Spider-Man. I will argue with anyone, anyday that Ultimate Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man video game ever made. It feels like a comic brought to life. There were small issues, but I will play that game over any other Spider-Man game to date, included The Movie 2 and 3. Let's here it for an Ultimate Spider-Man sequal, with Next-Gen HD Graphics, Longer and Better story, and a Co-Op mode. I think I would actually never play Halo again if they made this game :D.

Anyway, you're on your own with FOF Nestle..........I'd rather play Burger King Bumper Cars! neo

I have Sneak King! It's the creepiest game out there! :biggrin:

As for FOF... It IS repetetive and character designs like Black Cat a HORRIBLE, but apart from that I really like the art style. My only HUGE complaint is, like other games *cough* lego star wars *cough* you have to beat it twice to get the achievements if you're playing 2 players. STUPID.

Trust me, that makes it WAY more repetetive. :(

Can someone clarify a few things about this game?

Is it set in the film universe?

Why are New Goblin and Green Goblin in the title cutscene together?

Didn't Venom and Doc Ock die in the movies too, so why are they in the game?

Why do the graphics suck so bad?

I may get this game eventually, but it seems like a half assed attempt to be honest.

Ok...........*takes big breath*......

To Nestle - You are forbidden to ever saying anything negative about LEGO Star Wars every again. In fact, I will personally teleport to your house, shave your eyebrows off, and wax your chest hair if you ever do that again.......

To Dan - The game is set in the "Film Universe" for what it's worth. Really, in the end it's just the Film version of the Spider-Man world with a new "Sci-Fi" type of story line where each of the villains gets brain washed by one major villain. Once Spider-Man beats them they become so grateful they forget that Spidey is they arch enemy and joins forces with him to beat the mysterious baddie. Along they way there are tons of retarded carnage clones to beat down. Wow......I was pretty harsh on this game, I should say something positive right............Here ya go. Have you ever played "Superman 64"??? Well, it's better than that :P. neo

Ok...........*takes big breath*......

To Nestle - You are forbidden to ever saying anything negative about LEGO Star Wars every again. In fact, I will personally teleport to your house, shave your eyebrows off, and wax your chest hair if you ever do that again.......

To Dan - The game is set in the "Film Universe" for what it's worth. Really, in the end it's just the Film version of the Spider-Man world with a new "Sci-Fi" type of story line where each of the villains gets brain washed by one major villain. Once Spider-Man beats them they become so grateful they forget that Spidey is they arch enemy and joins forces with him to beat the mysterious baddie. Along they way there are tons of retarded carnage clones to beat down. Wow......I was pretty harsh on this game, I should say something positive right............Here ya go. Have you ever played "Superman 64"??? Well, it's better than that :P. neo

Yeah... What the heck? When did you and I switch roles? Normally you're the one defending a crappy game and I'm no-holds-barred tearing it down. :blink:

Anyways, the "major villain" is, well, hardly a major villain, but you've got it right for the most part.

I actually really like the cartoony graphics.

I also like that it has what EVERY GAME seems to forget:

Spider-man is funny! He makes fun of his enemies all the time.

I think it is supposed to be in the movie universe, but as you pointed out Dan, that makes no sense. Since GG, Venom & Doc Oc all died.

Oh and Neo, you have to agree with me on my point about Lego Star Wars. I know you like the game more than me, but regardless ANY game that makes you replay it to get achievements for 2 people in coop is poor game design. I'm sure it's an easy fix too, which annoys the hell out of me. :angry:

HAHAHA Superman 64! Did anyone play the demo for Ace Combat 6 or E4? I would like to get both of these games but I don't have the cash flow to spend on games that I might play for a few times.

E4 is really cool. I'm holding off though, cause I'm not sure how much I'll play it if I buy it.

Superman 64, BTW is my greatest disappointment in video gamne history. As you all know I LOVE Bruce Timm's cartoons and that game got delayed and delayed and delayed.

I thought it would have to be awesome for how long it took to come out. ... And I was wrong. :angry:

HAHAHA Superman 64! Did anyone play the demo for Ace Combat 6 or E4? I would like to get both of these games but I don't have the cash flow to spend on games that I might play for a few times.

Based on the demo, if you've played (and liked) any of the Ace Combat games you'll like this one. The graphics are awesome & the gameplay is about the same as the last few...

does anyone here no how to hack games???i have megaman 1-6 on my computer through emulator 9.?does anyone have what i have????if you dont know what emulator 9 is,it downloads all NES games on your computer

like what?

like what image hacks or what i know everything

im teh master hackersss....

i hack wikipdias serversonce lolz

tehy were down for an hour

does anyone here no how to hack games???i have megaman 1-6 on my computer through emulator 9.?does anyone have what i have????if you dont know what emulator 9 is,it downloads all NES games on your computer

I believe this post sails damn close to breaking the guidelines.... we have a "dont ask, dont tell" policy regarding public posting with any piracy related subjects (be it games or video, music etc).

T.

Well, let's try to "right this ship" if you will :).

I downloaded Battlestar Galactica Wednesday on Xbox Live Arcade. Anyone else?? It's pretty dang sweet. I'm still getting the hang of it, but I really like it. It starts with the Exodus From Caprica and then right into "33" and then follows the 1st two seasons of the show. It's quite fun, while being very simple. While I would like to see a full 3D, Action Battlestar game with Full Motion 3D space battles, I am really enjoying this game!

As for Ace Combat, that game is actually breathtaking to look at, but I can't play in. In fact, it falls in that Sim catagory. The catagory with Forza. Just like Forza, I almost forced myself into liking it, but I couldn't. I just can't take the time needed to learn the complex control system. Give me Burnout any day :). What I would like to see is a game that looks just like Ace Combat, but plays like Star Wars: Rogue Squardron. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy and maybe if I take a sabbatical I may pick it up!

One late note. It almost seems like no one is talking about Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Of couse, with Halo 3 released, it is easy to oversee anything else. However, on 10/1 (the week after Halo for those paying attention), Zelda was released and it is completely awesome. In fact I find myself drawn to it. Almost one month in I've almost completed it. I am on the very last Dungeoun. I almost hate to see it end. It is definitely in my top 3 Zelda games of all time, it's That Good! If you guys haven't played it and you consider yourself a Zelda fan, you owe it to yourself to pick this game up. Halo 3 - Game of the year? No way, how about The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass! neo

Warning: Warm fuzzy retro moment coming up.. ;)

Well after going back and finishing Tomb Raider:Legend last week I was looking forward to the release of TR:Aniversary yesterday but nowhere seemed to have it :(

I've always been a big fan of the series, having played the original WAY back on a PC when it was first released.

I know games have come a long way and HUGE 3D environments are par for the course these days but TR still has a place in my heart despite going horribly off the rails after the 2nd or third one.

It was one of the very few games that gave me goosebumps ( come on you know that... OMG... feeling that you only get from really really great games) back in the day and it did that in spades, the first time you dive off a high waterfall or that 'T-rex moment' or even just standing on a high ledge that took you a what seemed forever to climb up to and admiring the view was something that was very special back then.

Just thought I'd share a warm fuzzy moment and ask if anyone knew if it'd been delayed for the 360?

T.

Actually Phantom Hourglass is top of my want list right now. As soon as I get out of debt, it shall be mine!

I still haven't got Twilight Princess as I don't have a Wii and it is still £40 on Gamecube. Too much for me!

I believe this post sails damn close to breaking the guidelines.... we have a "dont ask, dont tell" policy regarding public posting with any piracy related subjects (be it games or video, music etc).

T.

:ban:

like what?

like what image hacks or what i know everything

im teh master hackersss....

i hack wikipdias serversonce lolz

tehy were down for an hour

I actually think this post is alot worse!

I think that deserves a Ban! Or a suspension at least.