UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Has anyone played Hitman: Blood Money? If so, can someone point me to where I can find out the different assassin status's? I've played the Vintage Year stage a few times and I keep coming up with a different title everytime. The last time it was stalker in the headlines :unsure:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Premium is 20GB

Elite is 120GB

how big is the harddrive with the premium? Sorry for bugging you guys and I appreciate all the info.

premium is 20 gig harddrive and if you find one with a late 2007( ie june-now) it possibly will have the hdmi port as well...

both have wireless controllers and the headset that plugs into the bottom of the controller neither have built in wireless...

Sorry for the doublepost, here's some information on the different consoles available ;)

Thanks Don. I'm sitting on the fence on this as well. All the Halo discussion is making me want to go next gen.

So based on that comparison, really the deciding factor is the HD capacity. Why do I need 120G on my xbox? Is that mainly for online gaming or for downloading classic games?

(My wife is gonna kill me when I tell her I'm thinking about buying one of these....)

Beyond Halo what else would keep me playing my xbox? I've got a decent group of titles for my ps2 that keeps me pretty happy now.

Sorry for the doublepost, here's some information on the different consoles available ;)

Thanks Don. I'm sitting on the fence on this as well. All the Halo discussion is making me want to go next gen.

So based on that comparison, really the deciding factor is the HD capacity. Why do I need 120G on my xbox? Is that mainly for online gaming or for downloading classic games?

(My wife is gonna kill me when I tell her I'm thinking about buying one of these....)

Beyond Halo what else would keep me playing my xbox? I've got a decent group of titles for my ps2 that keeps me pretty happy now.

both are HD ready... the elite offers the HDMI connection and the premium offers composite HD connection

Reid, I'm not really sure how long it's been since I made the leap, but I haven't regretted it. Of course once we did they came out with the bigger and badder elite. To answer your question, it's highly unlikely that you'll need all of that hard drive. But I still haven't ventured online yet, but plan on getting my router and a longer ethernet cord real soon. My problem is, with the exception of some games, I suck :lol: So the last thing my self esteem needs is to get my ass handed to me by someone half my age(or younger :P).

I have the elite and it's worth having if you can afford to go the extra mile. once you get online there's a host of demo's and videos that are available and you'll fill 20gb in almost no time. but once again that's a matter of how much you'll be using it online.

The list of cool stuff coming out is pretty huge, I'm sure the guys will give you a rundown (or you could look back through this thread) of the cool stuff coming out. Having said that... online play is the best reason to go xbox360 right now, I was a little dubious at first but have spent a lot of time online and it works fairly seamlessly.

Having said that if you're actually happy still playing the old stuff from your PS2 then nothing is really going to convince you to part with large sum of cash to play something new is it? :)

T.

p.s. the best way to stop the wife from veto'ing the console is to buy it then tell her ;) - either way she's going to be unhappy at least this way you get the console :D;)

Man, I guess I can count myself as the lucky one when it comes to the "wife" situation :unsure: Mine actually bought it for me and we even have it in the love shack :P

wow halo 3 got all kinds of good reviews-

Teamxbox 9.7/10 "best xbox 360 game"

Gamespot 9.5/10

Those are some of the most unconvincing reviews I've ever seen...

They seem to spend too much time on forge and the video editor... they really skirt around the whole topic of graphics or single player story, I assume hoping not to be seen as the "naysayer reviews" for fear of the hoards of Halo obsessives...

T.

wow halo 3 got all kinds of good reviews-

Teamxbox 9.7/10 "best xbox 360 game"

Gamespot 9.5/10

Those are some of the most unconvincing reviews I've ever seen...

They seem to spend too much time on forge and the video editor... they really skirt around the whole topic of graphics or single player story, I assume hoping not to be seen as the "naysayer reviews" for fear of the hoards of Halo obsessives...

T.

from what ive read on the reviews.. graphics are.. on par with whats to be expected.. nothing mind blowing or ground breaking but a nice step up from the Halo2 graphics... ive heard the story is short.. but gets the job done and doesnt leave you feeling.. cheated the way halo2s ending did...dunno just what ive read...

just gotta make it through tomorrow then ill give ya my personal opinion

14hrs.

I've heard that the story is roughly a dozen hours.

As for graphics EGM said they were the BEST they had seen on par with Gears. NOT because they were mind blowing beautiful but because they nailed all the stuff most companies "skip." We're talking fog, natural lighting, movement of water, ect.

On a side not I'm a little disappointed in a 9.7 & 9.5

Halo 1 & 2 nailed some beautiful 10s in their day. :(

For all the Halo 2 players and especially Punisher who seems to be the only person to love the Needler.

I suddenly want to pick one up.

This is more like it.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3163125

For all the Halo 2 players and especially Punisher who seems to be the only person to love the Needler.

I suddenly want to pick one up.

"I've got sex appeal cause I dual wield."

HILARIOUS.

Seriously, In H2 load up a King of the Hill with no grenades and JUST needlers. All of a sudden they're the funnest thing on earth. When EVERYONE has a useless gun it's really entertaining.

I agree that Halo 3 seems to be a perfect 10 kind of game, but I just got through watching the IGN video review (source: IGN 360). They make a good point and say the only reason that Halo 3 doesn't get a 10 is because of campaign and from what I've heard I agree. Even though I was at the front of the Abritor bashing line, they say in the campaign his story is completely dropped and never resolved. There is also talk of how dumb the Arbitor's AI is. Plus I've heard from several people that the 2nd to last level is really, REALLY bad. All of that being said, they gave the multiplayer an 11 out of 10. So, needless to say this is one of the greatest games of all time. I think the weakness in the scores is that finishing the fight isn't as "Epic" as we had originally hoped. But don't worry, that won't stop me from Gravity Hammering anyone I can until my finger are blistered! neo

Hmmm... Interesting.

According to 1up the campaign is really good... Just not new. Don't worry there are no spoilers:

"Halo 3's campaign is better in every way imaginable. Subtly beautiful, rich and lush graphics, a heart-pounding orchestrated score, new weapons, vehicles, and enemies...and even better enemy and teammate A.I. Everything is now pretty much a known quantity, however, and a bit of going-through-the-motions gameplay numbs the excitement (it doesn't help that some repetition and backtracking still taint this series, though they're not as bad as in the predecessors). Here, you won't recapture that feeling you got when you first met and fought the Flood, first drove a Scorpion tank, or first played as the Aribiter.

No one is saying that we should go back to the game designs of either of the first two titles -- everything just looks and feels so good now. But in Halo 3, the big "oh wow!" gameplay moments just aren't there, although some bits are still memorable nonetheless, like fighting the Scarabs, at least one (that we've found) off-the-beaten-path joke scene, and a frantic stage at the end that's clearly a throwback to something everyone loved in Combat Evolved."

Well, everyone has their opinions I guess, lol. In the end it doesn't matter, I will waste plenty of time/nights killing Alien scum and Hacking my good friends from behind both online and on campaign and it's gonna be all good. Guys, just a few more hours left!!! neo

aughh! too many limited edition halo 3 sellouts! :angry: And that's the "version" that I wanted :(

:huh:

So, what setting everybody playing on?

I'm starting on Heroic. Then in a week or so I'll tackle legendary.

starting and ending on legendary all the way

aughh! too many limited edition halo 3 sellouts! :angry: And that's the "version" that I wanted :(

:huh:

So, what setting everybody playing on?

I'm starting on Heroic. Then in a week or so I'll tackle legendary.

starting and ending on legendary all the way

yeah,same cause i always start on hard then move down...

makes things easier!!!

Ooooo.

Extreme.

I'm doing heroic cause it'll be a challenge, I'll get to finish the fight in the next day and then I'll be able to play online.

If I tackled Legendary off the start I'd probably get frustrated at it cause there are so many other things I want to do.

Ooooo.

Extreme.

I'm doing heroic cause it'll be a challenge, I'll get to finish the fight in the next day and then I'll be able to play online.

If I tackled Legendary off the start I'd probably get frustrated at it cause there are so many other things I want to do.

thats why im doing legendary online with a group of friends.. yeah may take us a bit longer but ohh soooo worth it