Video Game Discussion

neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that it was moved back kinda torques me off. I prepayed for it, in hopes it would be under the xmas tree for my kids. Now I'm going to have to find that Wii Godzilla game instead. (I really want a good fighting game for xmas day - I want to get my mother in law playing.... :D)

The fact that it was moved back kinda torques me off. I prepayed for it, in hopes it would be under the xmas tree for my kids. Now I'm going to have to find that Wii Godzilla game instead. (I really want a good fighting game for xmas day - I want to get my mother in law playing.... :D)

Would you rather a rushed incomplete game or a full amazing game?

Was it pushed back for additional work or was there some other cause for the delay? (I haven't kept up on it other than the new release date.)

No official news was given, but the updator/creator/object-of-hate implied it pretty strongly.

I've been way out of the gaming loop lately... But, my wife finally caved-in, and after an exhaustive search (and a 3 hour roadtrip), I got my 60g PS3 on Friday. Since I almost heartily refuse to pay full price for a game,

You don't mind paying out for a 3 hour road trip to get the console, but you won't pay a few dollars more for a full priced game? That seems strange to me.

I'd do the exact opposite. I wouldn't travel far to get a console, but would a happily pay full price for a game, rather than going for a cheaper alternative. Different minds I guess.

Normally, I wouldn't have. The 60G PS3s are the ones that were recently discontinued. Also the only ones that are truly backwards compatiable... There's the reason for the "strange" 3-hour Roadtrip...

My problem with paying full price for games comes from the fact that I'll buy a game, never play it, and within three-four months they've dropped the price on it... Just a weird quirk with me and games... Used to buy alot of them, played very few...

(I really want a good fighting game for xmas day - I want to get my mother in law playing.... :D)

***Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3****

In reguards to Smash Bros, I do wish it was still coming out this month, but I have complete faith in Nintendo. If they delayed the game it was for a good purpose. Just know, when Brawl ships it will be one of the greatest games of all time and until they know all the kinks are worked out they will sit on it. And, I for one, am very glad. It reminds me of several games that have been released on Xbox 360 that had to have Fixed Patches released within the first few weeks. That is an example of a money hungry machine shipping the game to as many people as possible as soon as possible and it's the player who suffers. 1st Party Nintendo games will never suffer from this. We may have to wait a little longer, but it is almost always worth the wait!

As for game prices, I would have to agree with wallbreaker. I try to not get games new (unless they are on my must own list). Games like CoD 4, Assasin's Creed, and Mass Effect are currently on my want list, but I know in less than 6 months they'll probably be like $30 or $40 bucks, so it makes it really hard to spend that extra $20 right now. Although, it doesn't always stop me ;).

And finally, THE TOPIC HAS BEEN PINNED!!! That's awesome, I've never had a topic pinned before. First, I'd like to thank my mother. It was because of her drunken abuse as a child that I learned to run away from home. And I'd like to thank my 1st grade teacher Mrs. Flowers, but it was Mrs. Flowers that taught me not all teachers are smart, in fact I was smarter than most of the teacher I had. And finally I'd like to thank Jenny McCarthy.............for ObviOus reasons :D. Seriously though, I don't who decided to pin the thread, but thanks. It's been a lot of fun talking games with everyone. Hopefully we can keep it up..........it's almost most as much fun as Minimates....................almost! neo

Normally, I wouldn't have. The 60G PS3s are the ones that were recently discontinued. Also the only ones that are truly backwards compatiable... There's the reason for the "strange" 3-hour Roadtrip...

My problem with paying full price for games comes from the fact that I'll buy a game, never play it, and within three-four months they've dropped the price on it... Just a weird quirk with me and games... Used to buy alot of them, played very few...

Ah I didn't know they were discontinued. That makes much more sense. I can see why.

And I know what you're saying about games. I think I've only ever bought two games brand new and full priced and those were Spider-man 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2. Most games I buy are pre-owned or a few months old.

(I really want a good fighting game for xmas day - I want to get my mother in law playing.... :D)

And finally, THE TOPIC HAS BEEN PINNED!!! That's awesome, I've never had a topic pinned before. First, I'd like to thank my mother. It was because of her drunken abuse as a child that I learned to run away from home. And I'd like to thank my 1st grade teacher Mrs. Flowers, but it was Mrs. Flowers that taught me not all teachers are smart, in fact I was smarter than most of the teacher I had. And finally I'd like to thank Jenny McCarthy.............for ObviOus reasons :D. Seriously though, I don't who decided to pin the thread, but thanks. It's been a lot of fun talking games with everyone. Hopefully we can keep it up..........it's almost most as much fun as Minimates....................almost! neo

You're welcome. Even though *sniff* I wasn't on your thank you list... :tongue: I'd like to thank Jenny McCarthy too.

Much like Shanester, I now find myself in possession of a brand-new Wii. What are the must-have games I should get? My wife and I are into Mario and Brain Age, and I enjoy a good mindless shoot-em-up.

Thanks in advance.

Rayman 2 is still at the top of my kids' list of games for the Wii. For it to have held their daily attention now for almost 2 weeks is pretty good. The other night, my wife and I went downstairs to find my older boys all in their room and my 3 year old playing it by himself. He was so into the game his head was covered in sweat. :D Funniest (and possibly cutest) thing I've seen in a long time.

Much like Shanester, I now find myself in possession of a brand-new Wii. What are the must-have games I should get? My wife and I are into Mario and Brain Age, and I enjoy a good mindless shoot-em-up.

Thanks in advance.

I played Resident Evil 4 through on the Gamecube and it was amazing. Supposedly the Wii version is quite good. If you haven't played a previous version, that would by my recommendation. Monkey Ball is pretty fun, too.

Well for xmas I am getting CoD4 and xbox live, and I was wondering

that if anyone has x-box live with (or without) Cod4 and will be willing

to share it with me.......

ps-I do have Halo 3 ,but after 3 months of constant play I am tired of it.

Well for xmas I am getting CoD4 and xbox live, and I was wondering

that if anyone has x-box live with (or without) Cod4 and will be willing

to share it with me.......

ps-I do have Halo 3 ,but after 3 months of constant play I am tired of it.

share as in play with?

sure i think me and timbo can play with you

aint that right timbo?

sure i think me and timbo can play with you

aint that right timbo?

Tru Dat ;)

I've been meaning to catch up with you online D_X, but everytime I get online my buddies from the uk snag me into some convoluted asskicking scheme :)

T.

p.s. how did you get a higher score but not a higher rank D_X?

I don't typically feel a need to brag, but I've recently done something worth bragging about, in my opinion. Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I reached the final boss on the NES version of Double Dragon (the evil twin), and I beat him on my first attempt. . .he was surprisingly easy in relation to Machine gun man, or even to the Abodo twins. Games nowadays, with your fancy saves and whatnot, are a cakewalk compared to some of the old NES games like Double Dragon, where you had 3 lives and no continues. You die the third time, you start back at the beginning.

Then tonight, for the first time ever, I beat Mike Tyson on Punch Out!! It was by a decision, but still. . .it was a win, and he congratulated me and gave me a wink. I'll TKO him on another day :) . Punch Out had a famous code (007 373 5963), but it didn't matter, as I thought that it took superhuman reflexes to even get to the second round with Tyson.

I'm psyched about this, because when I was a kid, these were always two of the harder games to me, and I never thought that I could beat them. . .just wanted to share :mellow: .

I'm hoping to get my own Xbox for Christmas, and I hope to be playing CoD4.

My gamertag is ShadowSpartan12. Add me!

I'll most likely be on Assassins Creed on Christmas day though.

oh another note, I was reading game (informer) i think, and their were previews for the Ghostbusters!!!! game coming out for 360. I thought that was exciting

Ghostbusters is probably one of my top 5 movies ever (I have a Ghostbusters poster in my room). We had it on Betamax when I was a wee kid, and I watched the hell out of it. I even had and loved the tape soundtrack and the Genesis game. Based on the screenshots/interviews, I am very, very psyched about that game. There was a video leaked last year (I think) from a would-be Ghostbusters game that was a first person shooter, which looked pretty awesome. However, the creator didn't have the license to make the game, and those videos were quickly pulled off of Youtube. Those videos sparked a lot of interest from 80s nostalgia geeks like myself, and I'm glad that they are making an official game at this point. If it doesn't suck (gameplay is everything), then this could be really, really cool.

If you don't know, the forthcoming 360 game is essentially going to be, according to Dan Aykroyd, "Ghostbusters 3." They say that a 3rd movie won't be made (no CGI, damn!), but this is essentially like an extended third movie. The reason for this is that the original voice actors from the movie (Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson) are doing the voices, and further, the script is written by Aykroyd and Ramis, who scripted the first two movies (!). I don't want to have high expectations, as games based on movies almost always disappoint, but I can't help it with Ghostbusters.

--edit--

Here is a link with some pictures:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?si...ead&order=0

I forgot to mention, supposedly those pics only apply to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. The version being released on the Wii and PS2 will be a completely different game that looks much more cartoony in nature, and presumably won't have the same storyline or voice actors involved. They have some pictures of that in the Game Informer magazine (or whatever it was) with the huge Ghostbusters symbol on the front. . .sometimes I'm really glad that I got the 360 :)

I just picked up Lego StarWars the complete saga(yeah boy!) for my Xbox-360.

So far I have done about the first 2 episodes and enjoy the gameplay alot. Even though

about 95% of the game is re-used content, it still is fun to "kick some brick". Oh well

now I have somthing besides Halo 3 untill X-mas.

LEGO Star Wars ROCKS!!! It's still one of my all time favorite games, even playing through it again. I can't wait for LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman this year !!!!

Just a little hint for you, if you didn't already know wii, if you go into the "?" room and into the first door on your left you can watch "Trailers". There is a trailer for "LEGO Indiana Jones". Once you watch the trailer you unlock him as a playable character. Then you just go the cantina bar and purchase him for, if I remember correctly, 500 studs. He is great fun to play with !!!!

I play LEGO pretty often, so look for me online!! neo