UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate PHOTO HUNT General Tomfoolery Thread

TBT!

Has anyone done the ice one yet? I am a bit worried about doing mine. In the process of freezing or melting has their mate been damaged? My partner has a custom paint job. Will the paint be damaged or worn by being in the ice? Do the joints and everything still work fine?

Thanks

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone done the ice one yet? I am a bit worried about doing mine. In the process of freezing or melting has their mate been damaged? My partner has a custom paint job. Will the paint be damaged or worn by being in the ice? Do the joints and everything still work fine?

Thanks

im not sure about your mate because its a custom, but mine worked just fine, but heres a little tip to everybody, DONT smash your block of ice on the ground, because you will lose your minimates hair! :P

hey all,

I'm here to beg that I get a chance for the contest, I misread the mini-team mate deadline, and went to post today and saw it was yesterday. I've been working hard getting pictures done, so can I please get in on the fun!?! If it's ok, let me know here on the boards.

My "little buddy" begs you

post-164-1187570926_thumb.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

I hope I am not too late!? I figure less is more.

Interesting... who did you steal parts from to make it? free comic book with Kingpins torso?

It's actually not a unique mate but is so far unique to the contest so I'm going to allow it. :)

One of the mates in the 'bag of blanks' that is up for grabs for the 'First place winner' includes a pretty rare and only available if you know who to talk to "pure white blank" minimate from AA. These are used by their artists to create prototypes etc and out side of AA or working for them are not easy to come by.

T.

Thanks for allowing it in, I thought I was being really clever. My other thought was to go all black, but that meant taking apart a classic cylon, this way was a lot easier. it was actually kingpin and wizard world white, but really close.

Today I did rubberband ball and buying minimates. The guys at the comic book store had a lot of fun with the "buying minimates." most likely because I was actually buying minimates and not staging them. That is what I was going to do but luckily they had Boomer and Cylon so I bought them. I am hopefully going to get "pretty girl" today too. ;)

OK FOLKS I have an announcement of sorts...

I have had 2 members that missed the deadline for posting their minimates and are asking to be included... as it's supposed to be a fun contest I want to give them an amnesty and let them take part BUT wanted to give those who are already entered the chance to have a say.

So I propose that if no one who has entered already comes up with a reasonable objection in the next 24 hrs I'm going to allow those two members to be part of the contest.

T.

I say let them in! Its only a slight mistake. Its all in the name of fun! :biggrin:

Ah, let them in. The time differences around the globe can be confusing. That plus, originally, the rules didn't say anything about posting your mini-friend ahead of time.

Actually it was there from the very beginning...

Sounds to me like we have an overwhelming "let em in" :)

Thanks guys

T.

Well, I've only got something like 10 left. Hardest ones I'm having trouble with is the airplane and the theme park ride.

I am also having a hard time with the them park ride. I mean I live in Tucson, AZ there are no theme parks or realy really really big things either. Oh well I will have part, no wait all of my mental powers on this one.

Also how is everyone else taking pictures of you and your mate?

Well, I've only got something like 10 left. Hardest ones I'm having trouble with is the airplane and the theme park ride.

I am also having a hard time with the them park ride. I mean I live in Tucson, AZ there are no theme parks or realy really really big things either. Oh well I will have part, no wait all of my mental powers on this one.

Also how is everyone else taking pictures of you and your mate?

Lukily for me, my wife is helping out with that one :D

the theme park one had me stumped for a bit but I came up with a couple options ;) turned out quite nice

Jeff of the Minis