UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate PHOTO HUNT General Tomfoolery Thread

TBT!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm assuming that we just email out pictures in and thats it. But once the contest is over, can we upload them to share with others?

Yep pretty much, when you email them it would be nice if you could include a list of which pix are which challenge number. We could probably guess but you want to make the judges lives as easy as possible ;)

As for posting them afterwards... I was thinking I'd throw up a thread displaying the judges favourite pix, it prob wont include everyones pix and def not all of every's so yeah after the contest then it'll be fine to post the images.

T.

Wait, are we being graded on our mini assistant too? If so, I'm going to have to chip the little bastard out of a block of ice so I can make him more visually appealing.

The comment was more that I didn't want to show favoritism of one contestant over another by saying I liked this mate more than that... etc

T.

Well, I've got to say, if nothing else, this contest has brought out some cool customs, quick customs, and franken-mates. And I agree with Dinobot: Gillbob's partner is sweet! I keep meaning to figure out the recipe for her, but I get distracted by... er, nevermind.

Okay, time to put the thinking cap on!

o.k heres a better picture of my custom mini team-mate, his name is skater link B)

Don't forget to post the pic at the official PHOTO HUNT thread so you can be entered. I am sure TBT would count it but you don't want any whinners.

He already did... It was just a lil fuzzy around the edges so you might have not recognized it ;)

Holy cramoly you are right sorry bout that link . yeah that is a way better pic it took me three times of looking for it to find it. mostly because I am mister Genius and was only looking for your pic and not your name "I Smart" :blush:

And I agree with Dinobot: Gillbob's partner is sweet! I keep meaning to figure out the recipe for her, but I get distracted by... er, nevermind.

Emma Frost: head, Black Elektra: arms, legs, spiderwoman: hair, female SF mate: torso, evil clone SF mate: skirt (I really bothered to learn the SF names, can't ya tell?), Chun-li: gauntlets. The feet could be anybody but I'm stumped on the boot guards.

well,no offense but most normal people dont have pazaz i mean most likely if you go outside and look at the people out there they are just normal people no pazaz but go to somewhere like sanfranciso and look outside and most likely youll see some people with pazaz.

just,stating the facts.

well,no offense but most normal people dont have pazaz i mean most likely if you go outside and look at the people out there they are just normal people no pazaz but go to somewhere like sanfranciso and look outside and most likely youll see some people with pazaz.

just,stating the facts.

I dispute this...EVERYONE has pazazz ( are you sure we're spelling that right?) You just need to know where to look :D

T.

p.s. folks I'm looking at my clocks and there's less than 2 hrs left on Saturday to get those minimats posted :)

IMG_0144.jpg

I hope I am not too late!? I figure less is more.

Interesting... who did you steal parts from to make it? free comic book with Kingpins torso?

It's actually not a unique mate but is so far unique to the contest so I'm going to allow it. :)

One of the mates in the 'bag of blanks' that is up for grabs for the 'First place winner' includes a pretty rare and only available if you know who to talk to "pure white blank" minimate from AA. These are used by their artists to create prototypes etc and out side of AA or working for them are not easy to come by.

T.

Just interjecting a quick thanks for all the compliments thrown at my mate.

I'd like to tell you that I was creative enough to come up with her off the top of my head for this contest, but she is something I've worked at for quite a while. I'm always on the look out for new parts that would compliment her. (Essentially, she's a not-so-quick quick custom)

My only regret is that Lobo has not yet been released, or she'd most assuredly have his boots... maybe his hair too honestly... I'd have to see how it looked on her first.

Anyway, again, thanks all.

PS. That recipe given earlier was correct. The feet are also Batman's (as if it matters for plain black feet) just 'cause I wanted peg-holes, and Black Elektra had none.

PS2. I think it's "pizzaz" but it's entirely possible that I'm also wrong.

I've done six so far. Not that impressive I know, but its great fun. As my minimate is a valued custom, could I maybe freeze a different mate instead of him and send that in instead. I didn't see the freezing bit before I posted my partner up. Would using a less valuable mate be bending the rules too much?

just,stating the facts.

uh,i thought it was pizzaz too

No you didn't... :biggrin:

pizzaz

piz·zazz or pi·zazz or piz·zaz (p-zz)

n. Informal

1. Dazzling style; flamboyance; flair.

2. Vigorous spirit; energy or excitement