UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate PHOTO HUNT General Tomfoolery Thread

TBT!

I am also having a hard time with the them park ride. I mean I live in Tucson, AZ there are no theme parks or realy really really big things either. Oh well I will have part, no wait all of my mental powers on this one.

Also how is everyone else taking pictures of you and your mate?

So far I've been avoiding the ones taht require me in them...

It's not that I don't have ideas, or don't know what to do... if push comes to shove I can get them done and have my family/friends take them... I just hate being photographed... so I'm trying to think of acceptable ways of not showing most/all of myself for as many as I can... (This contest is rewarding creativity, after all...)

Rule bending, it's what's for dinner! Hehe...

I also don't yet have the themepark ride, but I have plans, if I can't manage to find a real themepark ride... <_<

Clever thinking and stacking backup plan, upon backup plan, upon backup plan... that's what's getting me through alot of the harder ones...

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was looking through my pictures, (looking for what the comic con look liked) and I found these pictures I took in Pairs and I was really dumbed that I can't use them. They would have been really good for "famous Tourist spot"

Picture297.jpg

That is superman in front of the Louvre Museum

Picture255-1.jpg

here he is in front of Winged Victory of Samothrace

Damn, I went to my comic shop to buy a magazine with a minimate ad in it, and the shop had been seriously vandalized. It was closed for repairs, because whoever broke in smashed every glass trading card case and statue case. They also tore apart a ton of comics and left them scattered around. There were broken action figures and smashed statues everywhere. It was really sad to see. :(

Damn, I went to my comic shop to buy a magazine with a minimate ad in it, and the shop had been seriously vandalized. It was closed for repairs, because whoever broke in smashed every glass trading card case and statue case. They also tore apart a ton of comics and left them scattered around. There were broken action figures and smashed statues everywhere. It was really sad to see. :(

Ouch! That sucks MASSIVELY. Sorry to hear it!

Stick a bullseye symbol outside the door and you could use it as your "picket Target" photo.

Kidding aside, that is kind of a bummer. Why would someone attack a comic shop?

unfortunately stuff like this happens to comic shops a LOT. I can't ever figure out why, other then they usually have a lot of high priced items. But seriously, who would feel such hatred that they destroy stuff simply because others get pleasure out of it.

...oh wait. People. I forgot why I have such a low opinion of humanity.

anyone watched 'It Takes a Thief' most of the time they aren't vandalizing they are stealing they just don't care if they break sh!t in the process oh well it isn't theirs. Most likely they knew what they were looking for and everything else was just foder. We had a break in near here where the people stole the stuff and then put it up on ebay. Yes people suck but we can't focus on them otherwise it brings us all down.

Bring you down maybe. I just take it as testament that there's not one person on this planet who can be called "good", and only through the power of Christ do we have any chance at doing so. So where others might wish to look upon things with rose colored glasses, I see them more as they really are and rejoice in the power of God and his ability to change people.

I got some really awesome pics today. I'm down to 2 left. Airplane and License.

HHmmm......I still have to take all my pics yet.....I haven't had ANY time at all.

I thought I was behind with only taking 10. last night i stayed up late to take "ruler of the world" (which came out awesome!) "minimate that looks like you," and the "end picture" because I used some of the elements from "ruler of the world." I can't tel anyone more just that it is great!

OK folks seeing as we are down to a week left to go I thought I'd give you all a little boost to get those pix taken remind you all of the first place 'grand prize'

At present the 'grand prize winner' will get...

A Black Spidey 2 pack.

A promotional minimate bag containing the following 'promotional' mates...

Santa Spidey

Cylon Elf

John Stewart GL

NY Toyfair 2005

Red Cross America

Bad Apple comics

Free Comic Book Day 2005

San Diego Comic Con 2005

WWLA 2005

WWChicago 2005

and last but not least a pure white minimate. ( yes totally blank, used by AA to make proto's etc and not very easy to come by.)

So get out there and get those pictures guys :D

T.

OK folks seeing as we are down to a week left to go I thought I'd give you all a little boost to get those pix taken remind you all of the first place 'grand prize'

At present the 'grand prize winner' will get...

A Black Spidey 2 pack.

A promotional minimate bag containing the following 'promotional' mates...

Santa Spidey

Cylon Elf

John Stewart GL

NY Toyfair 2005

Red Cross America

Bad Apple comics

Free Comic Book Day 2005

San Diego Comic Con 2005

WWLA 2005

WWChicago 2005

and last but not least a pure white minimate. ( yes totally blank, used by AA to make proto's etc and not very easy to come by.)

So get out there and get those pictures guys :D

T.

the runners up get the "hunt" minimates and a cyclon from the Sci-fi Table?

the runners up get the "hunt" minimates and a cyclon from the Sci-fi Table?

Yep...10 sets of runners up, 5 highest score and 5 awarded by the judges as they see fit.

I didn't state it but obviously first place gets the hunt and cylon minimates as well.

T.

How hard do you think this is going to be to judge, T? Knowing how creative I got, times 30, with much better camera skills, I think you and the rest of the judges are in trouble.

"The judges decision is final..." B) will be my saving grace I think. :)

I'm both looking forward and dreading the judging... it's going to be a lot of fun looking at the pix people take but at the same time hard to judge who should win etc. At the end of the day it's going to be subjective no matter what you do, I'm trying to control that a little by assembling a crack team of myself and 3 other judges to make the decisions, so it's not just going to be my say that is important. A lot of what happens will be based on what I and the other judges think is clever, artistic or simply just makes us smile.

I hope that however things end up that people taking part people had fun doing the stuff to enter, getting you out in public with minimates and just being creative and having fun was supposed to be half the point.

T.

So heres a question that has been kind bugging me. Points are awarded for each pic. You don't have to take all the pics to enter. However, I know myself and prolly most of us are going for broke with ALL the pictures. So if there are 30 base points, and 30 of us (okay, kinda odd how that worked out) get 30 pics with 30 points each, there's not really going to be a first place as we all scored high.