G.I. Joe Minimates!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Well, I'd argue the "never got going" point, we put out four sets, but we were just talking about the next sets last night -- yes, I was discussing them on my off-hours, that's how seriously we're taking it! Hopefully you'll see more sets offered for release next summer, we're renewing our Hasbro license and have some tentative plans. Series 3 and 4 may be slightly reconfigured for packaging reasons, but we want to put them out. 

I don't think Tiger Force, Python Patrol, etc. should be released until way down the line. Give us characters in their normal looks first. I have passed on quite a few of the Classified Tiger Force and Python Patrol figures so far. I'm not a real big fan of the redeco's. Tiger Force Dusty is currently warming the pegs at all of the Targets around me. I did buy the Night Force Shooter figure and pre-ordered the Night Force Wolf Spider though since they are new characters and look pretty cool.

I do wish you could sell them as single packs. They looked fantastic in the sets that we got them in. That might even give more people the nostalgia feeling and get them to buy them. Are series 3 and 4 still going to be one set G.I. Joe, and the next Cobra, or will you be mixing them together? Has there been talk of a Dreadnok set of Zartan, Buzzer, Ripper, and Torch?

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

Assuming all of our machinations come to fruition, they will likely be mixed up, some Cobra, some Joe, based on a specific episode/mini-series. We'll see how it shakes out. 

Zartan is on the list, but I think we're a little ways from a Dreadnoks set. Maybe we can do one down the road, with Zarana. 

On 11/20/2023 at 11:23 AM, DSTZach said:

Assuming all of our machinations come to fruition, they will likely be mixed up, some Cobra, some Joe, based on a specific episode/mini-series. We'll see how it shakes out. 

Zartan is on the list, but I think we're a little ways from a Dreadnoks set. Maybe we can do one down the road, with Zarana. 

As a Joe fan, I humbly suggest Flint, Lady Jaye, Zartan and Cobra Trooper would be a great set; can be many different stories.

Unless you wanna do a troop builder set; BAT, Viper, Crimson Guard, Trooper. EZ.

10 hours ago, Navaan said:

As a Joe fan, I humbly suggest Flint, Lady Jaye, Zartan and Cobra Trooper would be a great set; can be many different stories.

Unless you wanna do a troop builder set; BAT, Viper, Crimson Guard, Trooper. EZ.

I think we have learned over the years not to include an army-builder in a unique-character box set. We have talked about a troop-builder set, nothing firm yet. Hoping to make 3, 4 and maybe even a fifth set of main characters happen first. We'll see.

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

A troop builder set with a standard Cobra soldier, BAT, and Crimson Guardsman would be super cool.

Add Viper for the 4th and blammo, you have what I have been saying! ^-^

It's the perfect set.

Then, if they wanna go nuts and it sells, do an environment set with Eels, Snow Serpents, Range Vipers and Alley Vipers.

Or do a Python Patrol repaint of the viper/trooper/CG/BAT.

Or do a ninja set, with a Night Creeper, Aleph/Night Creeper Leader, Red Ninja and V2/Joe Storm Shadow.

As for sets 3-5, Imma still support Flint, Jaye, Zartan, Shipwreck, Spirit, Serpentor, Firefly, Mindbender, Stalker, Zarana, Gung Ho, the Twins and the Dreadnok trio of Buzzer, Torch and Ripper are the big, important ones.

Just spitballing opinions. ^-^

10 hours ago, Navaan said:

As for sets 3-5, Imma still support Flint, Jaye, Zartan, Shipwreck, Spirit, Serpentor, Firefly, Mindbender, Stalker, Zarana, Gung Ho, the Twins and the Dreadnok trio of Buzzer, Torch and Ripper are the big, important ones.

You named seven out of the first 8, but we'll see how it goes.

On 11/22/2023 at 11:32 PM, DSTZach said:

You named seven out of the first 8, but we'll see how it goes.

Hmm. You had said Firefly had not made it in yet...

So...

Flint, Jaye, Zartan, Serpentor, Mindbender, Shipwreck and Gung Ho as the seven I named. And if it's 2 Joes, 2 Cobras, the Major Bludd is then one I missed.

Edited by Navaan