UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'd rather have the old prototype, the show accurate, the non-"Honorable Samari Starscrem" version. As it is, we got a version designed by a guy who knows nothing about transformer designs cause he makes gundams, painted a seafome green starscream with hip swords, and then turned into a white mockery of what he could have been.

Now I understand. You scared me there, for a second, TM2!! :P

Well, I'm getting scared, anyways. I did a search of the UPC code at a couple WalMarts in my area, and they searched the surrounding stores inventory in their computers as well...none of them even have the item in their systems.

I want this f***ing figure. :wallbash:

HAHAHAHAHA Guess what I have. It's big, white and rhymes with "Sasterpiece Mtarscream"

Why is Texas getting the motherload of MP SS, I wonder?

Anyway, they had one over at the Wal-Mart where my mom lives near New Orleans this morning (I called b/c they seem to get all the exclusives for some reason), and she picked it up for me this afternoon. Whenever I drive home next, I'll have one, too :D! Then, my Masterpiece Megs can start calling him an idiot, and getting pissed whenever Starscream tries to depose him. Good times.

HAHAHAHAHA Guess what I have. It's big, white and rhymes with "Sasterpiece Mtarscream"

You've finally found the Castor-Greased Tar Cream? Faster Squeezed Car Gleam? Lasting Fleeced Guitar Screen?

Can anybody hook me up with a masterpiece starscream?

I'm sure someone will be able to eventually. From what I've heard from three confirmed (pics of receipts and stuff) sightings so far, most of the stores that get them will have at least ten.

Why is Texas getting the motherload of MP SS, I wonder?

Because WalMart brings their stock in through Mexico.

Can anybody hook me up with a masterpiece starscream?

I'm sure someone will be able to eventually. From what I've heard from three confirmed (pics of receipts and stuff) sightings so far, most of the stores that get them will have at least ten.

There have been a few more sightings then that, but still mostly in TX and now MI. It does seem like 10-12 is the average number that stores get in, so hopefully they won't be too scarce. You just have to count on your store getting them in, which is the real crap shoot <_<

There have been a few more sightings then that, but still mostly in TX and now MI. It does seem like 10-12 is the average number that stores get in, so hopefully they won't be too scarce. You just have to count on your store getting them in, which is the real crap shoot <_<

For what its worth, the one store in Louisiana that I called which had it in their systems said that they had one case of 3.

You could always do a ship direct to store. I wouldn't worry too much. I was freaking out about the Robot Heroes box set when I could find them. I ended up seeing hundreds.

It's not on the website. ;)

Yeah, the UPC doesn't seem to mean much of anything.

I've heard. Still disheartening. If the UPC isn't in the store's system, there's no way for them to receive it into the inventory, let alone sell it. D@mn my 9 years of retail work.

Okay, I found a bunch. I can pick people up a few, but all joking aside it really will be $70, for my gas and shipping and tax. Sucks I know but themes the breaks. Tenime and wallbreaker were first in line, I can maybe squese in another person. Maybe two but doubtful. Not sure how many will be left. I'm headed back out there tomorrow, so I need to know tonight.

I've got a couple of questions about mp Starscream, first is he a Walmart exclusive because Zellers in Canada have gotten alot of Tf stuff before also does anybody know if he is even going to make it to Canada?

It is a Wal-Mart exclusive, and apparently will not be released in Canada:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=155958

I'm waiting to hear back from a member of TFW2005, who supposedly already has one in hand for me. As soon as he sends me pics, I'll be paying him.

Thank you for the offer, TM2, I really appreciate your willingness to help out! :thumbsup: Barring any unforseen calamities, someone else may have my place in line.

And, $70 is fair, for those that are second-guessing his price, though I'd imagine the shipping could drop if anyone wanted it loose (not me, though - this is one I want MIB!!).

Thanks for the info Karamazov NO thanks to Walmart Not cool man.. Not cool :angry:

I'd blame WalMart and Hasbro. <_<

Thanks for the info Karamazov NO thanks to Walmart Not cool man.. Not cool :angry:

I'd blame WalMart and Hasbro. <_<

Now, I have no idea what actually happened, but Hasbro is usually at Walmart's mercy. If Walmart doesn't want something done, Hasbro can't force them to do it.

So I don't know why we should get our anti-Hasbro pitch forks ready, when it may not be their fault.

It sucks that Wal-Mart is only shipping these to specific stores, as I think it artificially inflates the eBay prices, as people think there are fewer of them than there actually are. Nonetheless, I anticipate that these prices will fall further as people realize that they aren't as scarce as they seem, probably within a couple of weeks (they still haven't circulated throughout the country yet, from what I gather).

BTW, I got mine yesterday, and man, is he a thing of beauty. He now replaces my Classic Starscream as my favorite Transformer. . .of course, now I'm going to have to shell out 100+ bucks for MP Skywarp :(

Now, I have no idea what actually happened, but Hasbro is usually at Walmart's mercy. If Walmart doesn't want something done, Hasbro can't force them to do it.

So I don't know why we should get our anti-Hasbro pitch forks ready, when it may not be their fault.

Does WalMart have the power to say "you're not going to release that figure unless it's soley through us!!"? Why can't we buy this at Target or TRU? Why can't Canada or the UK get it? WalMart may choose what stores to ship it to, but it was Hasbro's decision to sell it only through them.

Besides, Hasbro's done plenty of d!ckworthy things, so nothing will make me like them any better.

of course, now I'm going to have to shell out 100+ bucks for MP Skywarp :(

Does anyone know if he has the same QC problems that Takara Greenscream had (stress points)?

Also, I'm going to need to demand larger pictures of your Krypto... ;)