UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey any sugestions on where to get an unmoded MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron by Takara

cause i am thinking about buying one and would like to know where.

That's gonna be a tough one. Pretty much every online store has been out since it was released, moded or not. I don't even know if eBay lifted their Megatron restrictions or not. Although, I believe that TakaraTomy is going to release another run around October. However, unless you're planning on keeping it sealed, most of the caps out there aren't glued in and even if they are they are easily removable.

Wow, I dropped a pretty penny. I ordered Fire Convoy and OPOP online while they're still on sale (along with Xevoz! Best toy line EVER!). Then I hit Target. They had 2 cases. I got Fallen, G1 Magnus, Starscream, Sunstorm and TWW Magnus. They had TWW Megs but I passed since I got him in the 2 pack and don't really need the base plate.

Teh Fallen is the best Titanium figure I've ever seen. He's so articulated, and actually looks like he's on fire. Even his head has little crack lines in it like hes old and worn. Awesome. G1 Magnus, eh, not great but better then the pictures show him online. The shoulders/head thing actually doesn't look that bad. A friend ended up getting him, so now I need another. The Seekers, what can I say? I really like this mold, otherwise I wouldn't be willing to buy it 4 times. I am just super pleased though, because the paint jobs are SO different on them that it really brings out that they're different characters. I just wish TC and Screamer had black heads instead of gray. And TWW Magnus. They actually DID fix the shoulders. They still have the same problem as last time, but the tabs are bigger so they hold better. The mold was nice enough to warrant it a second time. I mean the line is coming to an end so I can afford to splurge a little. I would just be hard pressed to get a Nemesis Prime repaint.

• 2 weeks later...
The film is out on DVD on October 16th FYI.

The extras for the UK DVD are:

http://www.thetransformers.net/newsstory.asp?NewsID=1965

Easter eggs/featurettes: "Michael Bay Cameo" (2m29s), "Girl in Dress" (1m57s) and "The Bay-Bot" (14s) and an extra feature not mentioned on the press releases, "Casting Mojo" (1m14s).

Deleted scenes:

Sam Picks Up Miles - 28 sec

Maggie and Glen Intro - 1 min 49 sec

Police Station Drug Video - 41 sec

Fig wounded - 48 sec

Fig Death - 1 min 14 sec

Suv - 2 min 22 sec

Big Rhonda - 1 min 17 sec

Hoover Dam - 1 min 9 sec

Proving Lab - 58 sec

Simmon's President Speech - 23 sec

They'll probably be the same or similar for the US release.

I'm still pissed that he's not including the two extra minutes from the IMAX version.

And he said he was mad they weren't doing Blu-Ray, because it's "unfair to his fans".

Kiss my @$$, Bay. <_<

Uh, all the IMAX scenes are in the extras list that I posted.

Sam Picks Up Miles - 28 sec

Police Station Drug Video - 41 sec

Fig wounded - 48 sec

Big Rhonda - 1 min 17 sec

Simmon's President Speech - 23 sec

I haven't seen the IMAX version myself, but I've heard that those are the only new scenes.

I haven't seen the IMAX version myself, but I've heard that those are the only new scenes.

Those aren't the IMAX scenes. When it hit IMAX theaters, it was explicity stated from his personal website that it would include 2 minutes of extra footage, not included on the DVD. So, the scenes on the DVD weren't in the IMAX version, and vice versa.

Forget about it dude. Bay is a douche. Ignore him, rank him with the rest of the scum, and your life will go much smoother. He doesn't even know how to make a good movie...

you dont think transformers was a good movie?

Um...he is entitled to his opinion... I paid to see it 3 times in theatres, and I still feel like it wasn't taken seriously enough, and that the skeletal designs were too blurry unless it was in slow-mo (which was gorgeous).

How boring would life be if everyone liked the same things?

Those aren't the IMAX scenes. When it hit IMAX theaters, it was explicity stated from his personal website that it would include 2 minutes of extra footage, not included on the DVD. So, the scenes on the DVD weren't in the IMAX version, and vice versa.

Yes they are. I knew of them before I knew the DVD Extras. Michael Bay was either wrong or lying, because those are most definitely the IMAX scenes.

Now this is coming from the BBC, and is for the UK DVD release, so there is a possibility that those scenes won't be on the US release. Still though, I wouldn't put any credence into what Michael Bay has said. He's been wrong or changed his mind before. And I doubt the company releasing the DVD would cut scenes that very well could be a selling point for some people, just based solely on the director's illogical whim.

Forget about it dude. Bay is a douche. Ignore him, rank him with the rest of the scum, and your life will go much smoother. He doesn't even know how to make a good movie...

Nope. Been a Transfan all my life and still couldn't find one thing that I liked about the movie. That's not to say there weren't neat parts but it was a bad movie. Lets face it. Not only was there NO plot, NO story, NO dialog NO characterization, the designs were AWFUL and only 2 people that could act in the entire movie (Shia, the dude that played Lenox, and Cullen if you want to count him), but the movie itself was in the wrong genre. It was listed as a robot invasion movie when it should have been listed as a comic book movie. There's a very good reason for that. A comic book movie, especially the first movie, is an origin story, about how the heroes and villains come to be and who they are. That would have been awesome. What did we get instead? Giant robots that just happen to transform, that aren't really character but plot devices to blow things up. Oh, and blow things up they did. Not only were there so many explosions that if they added another my eyes would have bled out, but the shots were so tight and so close that I couldn't see a frelling thing.

I've said enough, and I've said this all before. That's just my opinion, I only wish more people could see what could have been instead of the crap we got.

And before you say "maybe you need to see it again", I saw it 3 times already. Thanks. :D

Now this is coming from the BBC, and is for the UK DVD release, so there is a possibility that those scenes won't be on the US release. Still though, I wouldn't put any credence into what Michael Bay has said. He's been wrong or changed his mind before. And I doubt the company releasing the DVD would cut scenes that very well could be a selling point for some people, just based solely on the director's illogical whim.

I pray to god you're right.

Nope. Been a Transfan all my life and still couldn't find one thing that I liked about the movie. That's not to say there weren't neat parts but it was a bad movie. Lets face it. Not only was there NO plot, NO story, NO dialog NO characterization, the designs were AWFUL and only 2 people that could act in the entire movie (Shia, the dude that played Lenox, and Cullen if you want to count him), but the movie itself was in the wrong genre. It was listed as a robot invasion movie when it should have been listed as a comic book movie. There's a very good reason for that. A comic book movie, especially the first movie, is an origin story, about how the heroes and villains come to be and who they are. That would have been awesome. What did we get instead? Giant robots that just happen to transform, that aren't really character but plot devices to blow things up. Oh, and blow things up they did. Not only were there so many explosions that if they added another my eyes would have bled out, but the shots were so tight and so close that I couldn't see a frelling thing.

I've said enough, and I've said this all before. That's just my opinion, I only wish more people could see what could have been instead of the crap we got.

And before you say "maybe you need to see it again", I saw it 3 times already. Thanks. :D

i was only asking because you were a huge transformers fan, not putting you down becuase you dont like it