UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Game of Thrones (HBO) Discussion ~no book spoilers allowed~

Zak Katz

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the King really do nothing or is he just ignorant? It doesn't make sense why he won't start a fight to save the ones he loves. LAME.

He's just a kid, not confident enough to make serious decisions on his own. With his mom and wife in jail, he's paralyzed with fear of doing the wrong thing. Ironically, his inaction is also a function of Cercei's influence, as when Margaery was locked him, she told him that there was nothing he could do. He believed it, and now he's not doing anything for his mother. Of course, he could just slaughter all the Sparrows and free his loved ones with a single command. Edited by karamazov80

I do understand the pressures he's under, and that he's immature. Can anyone explain why he has no Hand? I like him, he's a sweet kid, but Jeoff would have all the High Sparrows heads on spikes by now.

Valyrian Steel is dragon-forged. So that'd make sense if it's imbibed with draconian power.

Oh yeah, forgot about the forging process. So Jon has a Valyrian sword, as does Jaime and Brienne? I know Dani can technically forge new ones, if it's about using dragon fire insted of normal fire? Or is there more to it then that?

Moving on to Bob's Burgers now.

Spoiler: Only 2 characters are okay, and the rest are terribly annoying. Its a very unfunny comedy show saved only by the title character.

Go watch Archer instead.

I'm already a fan of Archer. (Minimates, please!) My kids enjoy Bob's Burgers. So far so good. I'm impressed that two of the voice actors are men playing women.

Speaking of men playing women, when are we going to see the Frankenstein creature that Qyburn's been building for Cersei?

The Frankenstein creature is the Mountain, who still clings to life after the battle with Martel.

And Bob's Burgers is awesome. Y'all nuts.

My guess is that the mountain may be her way out of the slammer.

Or he gets her into way more trouble. I really don't want this story to windup being a little slap on the wrist. I want this to be a thorough ass kicking for Cersei.

That was a brutal episode, with Stannis's daughter and the underaged girl in the brothel. I reckon both guys will get what's coming to them, but still. Last night's episode was one of the most compelling in memory for me. Revolting at times, anxiety provoking at others.

Moving on to Bob's Burgers now.

Spoiler: Only 2 characters are okay, and the rest are terribly annoying. Its a very unfunny comedy show saved only by the title character.

You have horrible taste.

I do, but its still such a painfully dull show. Especially when Louise is involved. It doesn't helped that she is voice by Schaal, is perhaps one of the worst monsters in Hollywood.

I TRUSTED YOU STANNIS. I BELIEVED IN YOU. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!?

You realize when we first saw Stannis, he was burning a bunch of kin for not converting to the Lord of Light? Or killed his younger brother.

Stannis was always a very blinded man who had one good adviser and a blood mystic. Its not unexpected.

Well, as is fairly common with this show, we did see a pretty despicable Stannis, and over the seasons he grew into a character the audience learned to like. And then. . .we saw that laugh.png

The other major example is Jaimie Lannister, who went from being an attempted child murderer to one of the most easily likable characters in the show. Theon Grayjoy is another one the audience is made to feel some pity for, despite the fact that he murdered some children in an earlier season.

I wouldn't say we ever liked Stannis, but we did respect him. And we thought he'd at least get rid of Ramsey. Now? I hope they both take each other out.

Of all the terrible things this show has done... that may be the new low. My wife left the room, and we're seriously wondering what we are doing watching this show any more. I get why they did it, within the context of the story, but I draw the line at watching a little girl being burned alive by her parents. We'll watch the finale, but I don't know if we're watching next year.

Well, I liked Stannis earlier this season laugh.png

And it's compelling drama. It keeps you on your toes and takes you out of your comfort zone. That's not always a bad thing IMO. The lows being so low make the highs that much higher. Breaking Bad had some damn near unbearable moments, but that ultimately helped to make it the great show that it was.

What are the highs though? When has anything good ever happened on this show?

I don't really mind that, and I understand the reason for the Stannis thing, within the context of the story. But the scene was horrible to watch, and while I accept it was designed for maximum impact, the result is that I'm not sure I want to watch the show any more.

If the White Walker attack and the Drogon rescue scenes were "high" enough for you, I definitely think you've spent five seasons looking for a different kind of show tongue.png

I feel like these last two episodes, have been the most fulfilling of the series, and yes Stannis needs to die now, hopefully taking out Ramsay and Roose with him, hopefully Shireen's death helps aid the Red Woman's powers to overthrow Winterfell's defenses

Edited by undeadpool

Where's Bran again?

Stannis sucks.

I wish I had a pet dragon. I hope she's flying to let the other two out.