UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens interested in Minimates?

My Walgreens has lots of blind bag figures so don't be surprised that is the route they go. Still another retailer carrying minimates, feels like the brand is becoming something more mainstream and exposure it hasn't had since the early days of wal Mart marvel packs so awesome news.

I have a Walgreens in walking distance of my work so I'm excited.

I agree. More availability is not a bad thing.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got Walgreens all over my area. I can help any international collectors like I've been doing with the TMNT, Marvel, and WD stuff.

Same boat here. As I said yesterday, I have ten stores within 5 miles of my home. I already help out with TRU stuff. Walgreens will probably be easier.

One thing about Walgreens, if folks don't know, is that their toy stuff tends to be more expensive than other retailers, including Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, and Target. So, you might expect that the Minimates will be a bit pricier than usual. Probably due to the fact that they are a "convenience" store and pharmacy. Folks are usually there to pick things up because they are easy stores to get to, and have the essentials. The flip side is when they clearance things out, they go for broke. I bought a very nice Philips Ipod docking station there for about $17 that I have used in my office for a few years.

I'm probably the only one here that's not super thrilled, because my local Walgreens has a pitiful toy section and seems to be slow to get in exclusives. But that's just on a personal level, and I think it's great to get Minimates in more stores. Also, for those of you that don't collect Funko Game of Thrones, Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black, Funko Pops, or any other exclusive they have had, most collectors seem to be really happy with Walgreens and their customer service (unfortunately, I know Tenime had a bad experience, but he's the only one I can recall).

I would think that any of the Nick properties (Turtles and Spongebob) would be a good bet for Walgreens. Marvel also, with Walking Dead as an outside candidate. If they do take a Marvel exclusive, I'd expect it to be more of a Best Of box set though.

should be easy to pick up. The Walgreens exclusives

Two things that have never been the same for me no matter what store I walk into. And there are a LOT around me.

More availability is not a bad thing.

I'd like ANY availability at all.

Edited by TENIME_art

I only shop for toys for my girls there, but when I glance at the stuff intended for older kids (Marvel and Game of Thrones toys, etc.), they do often look a little unimpressive in terms of the amount of available stock on the shelf. You'll sometimes just see 2 or 3 figures from a given line out, making me think they may only get one case of toys at a time.

I don't think they ship cases, usually. I think cases come into their warehouse, then they divide the stock up there. So each store may not get every figure in a wave. For their Star Wars Black/ Marvel Legends exclusives, I think those shipped with a display box.

I figured Marvel or TMNT would be the best bet as far as which brand it should be.

I'm gonna guess it's Marvel Blind Bags with all the top Marvel Names similar to the Best of waves. Hopefully they'll throw us a bone and include a new character or a new redo (c'mooooon Punisher in BLACK and white!).

I certainly agree the next Punisher needs to be black and white, I thought after the first Bullseye that mistake wouldn't happen again....

Don't rule out The Walking Dead either, every Walgreens I go to has TWD merchandise available.

Sorry they won't be in the Philippines, but as I say with most retailer exclusives, if they weren't exclusive, they would probably not exist. Or, if they were offered elsewhere, something else would not exist. Regardless, exclusive retailers are giving us more opportunities to release product that would not otherwise be there.

Edited by DSTZach

I'm in the UK, so I will not be able to pick these up myself, but from the comments I've read here, I am much more optimistic about getting these via help on the board than with any other US retailer.

I'm in the UK, so I will not be able to pick these up myself, but from the comments I've read here, I am much more optimistic about getting these via help on the board than with any other US retailer.

K-Mart TMNT Minimates would have been nigh on impossible [for me in the UK] if I hadn't have had a major assist .....hardest ever IMHO. In the day Target stuff was hard but always fairly plentiful on ebay ...this was not the case with TMNT KMart.

Hope these aren't as hard to find as their recent exclusive pop vinyls- the distribution of those figures was a mess. Once I found a store that didn't instantly sell out (none of the stores in my area even got them at all), I had to track down the manager because he had them hidden in the back instead of putting them out on the shelf. Then he would only let me buy one of each and I had to show him my ID so he could write up my info so I wouldn't come back and buy more.

Never less, I'm all for more minimates and more retailers, I just hope Walgreens steps it up.

Hope these aren't as hard to find as their recent exclusive pop vinyls- the distribution of those figures was a mess. Once I found a store that didn't instantly sell out (none of the stores in my area even got them at all), I had to track down the manager because he had them hidden in the back instead of putting them out on the shelf. Then he would only let me buy one of each and I had to show him my ID so he could write up my info so I wouldn't come back and buy more.

Never less, I'm all for more minimates and more retailers, I just hope Walgreens steps it up.

Thats some Amiibo esque nonsense.

You guys are funny... "What's that manager's deal?!"

When you're the guy who goes in to a store and leaves pissed because they have ZERO of that new exclusive you're looking for, you'll be WISHING your store had that guy for a manager. He's trying to protect collectors from scalpers. Doesn't mean everybody buying multiples scalps, but it's impossible to know who is who at a store level. You either let it happen and thereby empower the scalpers or you draw a line in the sand and stick with it.

My store manager wouldn't let us place limits and the day we got in new Masterpiece Transformers, I'd see one person come and buy all of them in a single transaction. I'd make sure to pull some aside for the other collectors who I knew would be in, but any casual customers would be s.o.l.

Now, could that one person have been buying for friends on a message board? Sure, who knows?

I can understand trying to protect from scalpers, but needing to get permission to buy from a manager and then having to give them your personal information is ridiculous.

I appreciate Walgreens trying to cater to collectors but my shopping experiences there have been uniformly poor so I can't say I'm looking forward to this.