UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Birthday Elephant 2015: Age of Elephantron

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the first 2015 birthday that is setting the bar pretty high. I know its not a competition or anything like that at all, but damn if that statue doesn't make me want to create something just as cool for my recipient.

I gotta ask though. Are those 'mates on the sculpture original pieces? 3D printed maybe? Because the subtle texture on the parts is something that doesn't look like it was hand sculpted onto a blank body. Its just too subtle and smoothly done in my eye. Very cool and very well done.

^Just parts of different minimates (mostly Professor X, Uruk Hai, Zik & Halo figure) going through the evolution of the line over the years: puzzle piece, non-C3 foot, C3 foot, 2 1/2 inch figure, sculpted legs and arms. The statue look is from can of Rust-Oleum Hammered paint & primer spray. The figures should be movable/poseable (except the super glued feet) they're just caked with paint.

• 3 weeks later...

I received my birthday elephant gifts yesterday and wanted to share and thank my birthday elephant.

First is a boatload of LEGO minifigs.

SDC12131_zpsh1ndtstn.jpg

Next is this cool batman drawing

SDC12132_zpssrrx3iov.jpg

Then some really nice stickers. I especially like the Deadpool one.

SDC12133_zpsv7llrzlg.jpg

Finally, (this is my fav) a Finn & Jake card set which go together to make a little scene.

SDC12134_zpsmufzi9gl.jpg

There was no name on the box and no hints that I noticed so I have no idea who my B-day Elephant is. But a big thanks to whoever it is, I really like my gifts. thank you.

I got a box from what I assume is my Secret Santa on Wednesday this last week. I am trying very hard not to open it until my birthday on the 26th...

I don't know if I will make it.

I got a box from what I assume is my Secret Santa on Wednesday this last week. I am trying very hard not to open it until my birthday on the 26th...

I don't know if I will make it.

If it's from your Secret Santa, I'd say it's a few months late and ready to open :D

Oops! I guess I was tired. Still am. It could still be from my Secret Santa, but I meant Birthday Elephant.

Thanks!

I received my birthday elephant gifts yesterday and wanted to share and thank my birthday elephant.

First is a boatload of LEGO minifigs.

SDC12131_zpsh1ndtstn.jpg

Next is this cool batman drawing

SDC12132_zpssrrx3iov.jpg

Then some really nice stickers. I especially like the Deadpool one.

SDC12133_zpsv7llrzlg.jpg

Finally, (this is my fav) a Finn & Jake card set which go together to make a little scene.

SDC12134_zpsmufzi9gl.jpg

There was no name on the box and no hints that I noticed so I have no idea who my B-day Elephant is. But a big thanks to whoever it is, I really like my gifts. thank you.

Those stickers are pretty cool. ;)

I just wanted to post that I got my Birthday Elephant Package today, but I am going to behave myself and wait to open it on Wednesday.

I must admit that I am really wanting to open it now but I will wait.

All I know for now is that it came from Duluth, MN. So I hope I can figure out from clues inside who my BE is.

I will update you all on Wednesday with the contents.

I opened up my Elephant gift today, and I am a pretty happy camper biggrin.png

I immediately recognized the hand drawn doodles on the outer package, including this bit of cleverness:

02b_1.jpg

and there was no doubt of who my sender was when I opened the package and found this note:

03c.jpg

How ironic that this makes the third Birthday Elephant exchange between myself and Shogi! Thanks so much for all the amazing loot, bro! You rock!!!

04b_1.jpg

several gaps in my collection are now filled, and I have some of my favorite flavored sugar to boot!

Hello, Well today is my birthday so I opened the package I got. Not sure who it is but I know it came from Duluth, MN. I want to say it was ??????, but I am not sure.

Here is a series of photos of my Birthday Elephant package. I must say that I am very happy with what I got and I was not expecting this much bounty in this exchange.

Birthday%20Elephant%20package_zpsdzkgjbr Birthday%20Elephant%20package%20opened_z

Curious%20George%20card%20of%20sorts_zps Contents%20One_zpsp1roldyh.jpg

75ca5905-d67c-4f4a-a5eb-f429211e738e_zps unwrapped20contents_zpsrblguvf6.jpg

Birthday20Minimates_zpsr9jyaemx.jpg SciFi20Vinyl20Figure20TRON_zpsqpyyo2de.j

Thank you so much for the "Stuck On Star Trek" fun book. I really like it and it brings back memories of "Color-forms" which were something from my childhood. I have a magnetic version I got two years ago from a good friend for my 40th birthday. Now I got a better version for my office. I also love Oreos and Red Velvet cake but could not find the special Red Velvet Oreos in my area, so thank you so much for the special birthday snack. I do like them but will ration them out to last the rest of the week. The mini light up Star Trek Phaser is very nice as I will likely use it as a stress reliever at my desk. I will shoot it at my phone on a stressful phone call or at my monitor if the spreadsheet I am working on is getting the best of me.

Thank you so much for everything. I really do like it all and the Curious George with the cake picture is very fitting because I did enjoy those books as kid.

I am glad I joined the Birthday Elephant this year and likely will do it again.

Thank you for letting me share my bounty with all of you.

CP, did you flip the "card" over & read the reverse? :)

Happy bday today, BTWs!!

Thank you, I was going try to figure out who you were tomorrow. I did read you very nice note. I really appreciate your gift. It made my week.

• 2 weeks later...

First off a huge thank you to my Secret Santa Birthday Elephant, Fwoosheyman! I love love love my gifts!

I was weak and could not wait until my birthday to open the large USPS flat rate box I got. This is what I saw when I first opened the box:

8A7D14BD-0D98-4143-BDCD-5D74E470A645_zps

I opened the card first:

8A5E7072-9F2A-4D48-98A2-270D0CCE388A_zps

272BAB1F-F24D-4508-80D5-807D4D596855_zps

Very funny card!

Digging through the Bubble Wrap, I found three gifts inside:

D679C0D9-3748-46DA-9C34-A410E681C5C2_zps

D47CC6F5-7EC1-45EC-B095-15885B19C5CC_zps

Not wanting to burn through all of my gifts at once, I felt up the three gifts to see which one I wanted to open first. I decided on the smallest one, the green one. Inside I found a custom character listed on the baggy as 'Intergalactic Zombie Hunter.'

4D3BCE4B-B179-479C-BEE2-F9C25B8E83B1_zps

This awesome custom was enough to hold me over until my actual birthday (yesterday). I let the other two gifts sit out in plain sight taunting me. I was stronger now, and I had other Minimates to tide me over; my Zombie Hunter Custom was happy to fly over the TRU wave 7 TWD mates, keeping our heroes safe. :P

93C7AF7B-CA3E-4E30-84D7-14D680E9D38B_zps

When my birthday finally arrived, I felt it was safe to open the other two gifts. I opened the large red one, first:

3DC61680-2E48-480B-B781-F6C8DFC74CE2_zps

Tastykakes. I had never heard of them before, but I opened them up and tried them; they are tasty! Thank you!

My cat was more interested in the tissue paper:

AA03940A-0EA6-488D-8180-C9C5A1B94D63_zps

Then I decided not to wait any longer and I opened the blue gift. I am happy it was the last one I opened, as it was hands down the best of the bunch. Two bags of Minimates and parts were inside, with a title of 'Mix and Match Zombie Fantastic Four.'

CA34726F-1E08-469D-9F64-FAA8F97977CC_zps

Absolutely incredible work on these! They are exactly what I was hoping to get for my birthday and Fwoosheyman nailed them. :thumbsup:

The details are impressive and they fit perfectly with the rest of the Marvel Zombie line:

C1B80225-AE4F-4316-BD1A-055977E07A4A_zps

I couldn't have gotten a better Birthday Elephant. Thank you so much for the incredible customs, Fwoosheyman. You really made my birthday special!

?

Edited by Onyx_6

I'm glad to see you enjoyed your gifts. I've been dyin with anticipation waiting for you to open them and if you would like them.gah.gif

The bounty hunter guy is actually named "Onyx 6" - that's why I made him gloss black, like onyx.

As a proud Philadelphia-area resident, it's my duty to spread the deliciousness of Tastykake's to other areas of the country.

I'm very pleased with how the FF turned out. I had never made custom zombies before and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make them fit in with previous releases.

Anyway, I'm very happy to see they made the trek through the mail undamaged and they are well liked.

fwoosheyman: Great job on the Zombitastic Four. Those zombie versions of the Fantastic Four are Awesome. I wish I had that ambition with customizing. Happy Belated Birthday Onyx 6.

• 3 weeks later...

So...a couple of weeks ago i got warning from Lord Lobsterman: keeper of the Elephants, that my gift may be arriving a little late, but not to worry as my gift giver had sent it.

And yet, the day before my birthday, this parcel arrived on my desk at work. Early - not late! Huzzah!

The only clue was that it was from the UK, what with QEII being on the postage label.

SS-parcel.jpg

Upon opening it, i have to admit i was hugely disappointed.....

SS-mus.jpg

muesli bars. A box of muesli bars. Had my Birthday Elephant friended me on Facebook and noticed i was getting fat? Was this a not-so-subtle birthday hint that i needed to eat healthier?

Then - i opened to the box. T'was not muesli bars inside, but minimates! Minimates that i had never seen in my LCS, but that i had always considered buying! These guys are everything a love about Minimates. Bright, colourful, comic-booky. Such a great set.

ss-inv01.jpg

But - there was more. Personal Houseplant Soap! How cute is the sticker? AND... it's actually pressed to look like tree bark biggrin.png

SS-Groot.jpgSS-Groot2_1.jpg

And to top it all off, these AWESOME cookies from the Gibbons Girls Bakery. Full disclosure: there were actually 3 Avengers insignia cookies, but i had already eaten 2 of them before i got the parcel home to photograph them:P
They were delicious. I tried to save one for when my partner returned home from a week-long trip. Theye didn't last that long tongue.png

ss-cookies.jpgss-cookies2.jpg

So.... my gift was from the UK. And the Gibbons Girls run their business out of Essex, which is north of London. I'm pretty sure that UK Collector is from the London area. Perhaps UK is my Birthday Elephant this year?

Whoever you are, thank-you so much for this wonderful bounty. I was so excited to receive all these wonderful gifts.

Good guess! There is something else that will be on its way to you, but the artist took forever to get it to me.

The Gibbons Girls Bakery is my girlfriends company, in fact you are the first person we have had to sent to internationally so I'm delighted they made it to you in one piece.

The idea behind it was sending you a UK comic con experience in a box. We do the London cons, Soapasaurus do most UK shows, and the artist does most of the shows throughout the country too.