UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 61

Mnemosis

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we do have Vision and a cool Doom coming up...

Woohoo! Funny thing is, I bought all 5 Dooms last summer to make a perfect one and now a new one is coming. Gotta love it...

So, let's recap!

1 hero.

7 villains, 4 of which are definite ones and 3 that are ambiguous.

2 X characters.

1 of those is Doom.

1 figure has two looks.

FalCap (the hero)/Red Onslaught + parts for trenchcoat Skull (villain)

Magneto (villain)/Doom (villain)

Loki (villain)/Sabertooth (ambiguous due to inversion)

iTony (ambiguous due to inversion)/Hobgoblin (ambiguous due to inversion)

Edited by Kostisfire

I'd call Magneto ambiguous, honestly. Maybe Hob's the villain villain. Magneto has been on the X-Men for five or so years now

Yeah, but currently Magneto's a straight up villain (murdering people, impaling others,etc) and Hob's getting an inversion. Plus, he'll probably be joining the Astonishing Avengers team if the promos are to be believed. Still, an all villain wave, F- YEAH!

I'm reading Magneto and I don't see his acts as villainous.

Probably says more about me... Bwhahahahahahaha!!!

Well, I don't see Doom, Magneto and current Loki as villain villains either, but compared to guys like (current) good guy Hobgoblin and Sabertooth they're pretty darn bad. Either way, the line-up is probably this, who's classified as what doesn't really matter.

Edited by Kostisfire

If these Minimates are all tie-ins to the summer "Deja Vu52" of Marvel retreads, it's possible Doom could be from Secret Wars 2015, etc.

I doubt that. There's no real info on it just yet and DST usually does event figs the next year. We'll be getting Infinity this year and this (which'll probably be AXIS) and maybe Original Sin (maybe the tru set?) next year. 7 villains and 1 hero really fits only one bill, it's pretty clear that it's based on AXIS.

Besides, Secret Wars isn't a retread, it's the next step in Hickman's epic. Multiversal collapse has been the major plot point and SW will be characters from various universes duking it out. The teasers are there to build up hype and just show other universes where things went differently.

Edited by Kostisfire

Besides, Secret Wars isn't a retread, it's the next step in Hickman's epic.

Why can't it be both?
The way I see it, the first one was just a battle, and this is a full blown war. All of Hickman's run has been building up to this and apart from the name and the fighting part, I don't see any similarities. Edited by Kostisfire

Besides, Secret Wars isn't a retread, it's the next step in Hickman's epic.

Why can't it be both?
The way I see it, the first one was just a battle, and this is a full blown war. All of Hickman's run has been building up to this and apart from the name and the fighting part, I don't see any similarities.

Maybe. I don't think much of Hickman so I'm not inclined to give him much credit but that conversation has derailed at least one thread so no need to rehash here. Unless it has a slightly different ending and we use it as part of a giant multi-thread crossover event.

Edited by stack32

Im pretty sure Doom falls under the F4 license which means we probably wont be seeing a new one past the current planned releases for a while

this wave could still very much be an Axis wave, or at least a very Axis friendly wave.

I personally did not love the first two issues of Axis, I think the idea is awesome and Remender's run on Uncanny has been awesome but this book just feels like it completely undermines all the other marvel writers characterizations and so far the tie ins make far more sense than the main title (which probably does not bode well)

now this is a three act event and we are only (i think) halfway through act one so a lot can change and I do trust Remenders writing after X-force, Uncanny and Deadly Class so I am still willing to put faith in it being good but with the "Inversions" this seems like an event that in itself does not need to contain good writing as its merely a way of getting characters to place their respective writers can do something new with them.

I am more excited to see what Hickman will do with Tony Stark in NA after this than the rest of this event itself

The F4 thing didn't cross my mind at all. But I think Doom is far too high profile to stop using. Maybe they'll disband the four and keep using the characters independently. Reed is part of the Illuminati after all and they'll probably play a central role in SW.

As for the Superior Tony thing, I am really excited for this title to land and see how others handle him.

Marvel Comics will keep publishing stories using FF characters if only to protect their intellectual property.

That doesn't mean they'll have their own title or change their stance on pushing FF merchandise, of course.

But do they have to? I mean not to be ignorant they haven't published or used several characters or names for years (Mimic or Blink for example) or titles (Ultraforce) but they are still the copyright holders. I think they have to publish something once a decade or something like that in order to maintain the copyright unless it is in dispute (i.e. MarvelMan).

Marvel can publish reprints and it will protect the copyright as well as the trademarks.

They just want to avoid a lapse (I don't recall the length of time) that allows someone else to create another comic called "Fantastic Four" that has nothing to do with their property. (Like what happened with DC's Captain Marvel.)

I think the Captain Marvel case was another weird one, similar to MarvelMan (who was himself a thinly veiled Captain Marvel), in that it was originally created by another comic company, and had its share of legal disputes over the years.