UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 61

Mnemosis

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on how you count it, it may actually be more than 50%. Possibly as much as 87.5%.

None are new characters, exactly, so I'm sure people will be waving torches at some point, but I can't remember where you fall in that camp, Zex.

Red Onslaught/Magneto

Hobgoblin/Scarlet Spider

Wasp/?

? /?

Edited by Mnemosis

Can we please just get this Rogue? It's like Legacy 2.0 and I loooooove that one. Seriously, I think it's one of the best costume redesigns ever. Anyway, now that MK is out (why?!) and it's more of a villains than an All-New Wave, here's my guess:

iRon Man/Hobgoblin

Magneto/Red Onslaught + Horns and Tentacles

Sabertooth/Loki

Doc Doom/FalCap

Carnage is exactly the same as the DF version, so I don't see DST re-releasing the exact same figure. Hobgoblin could really use an Update, as would Doom (arguably less so but he could do with smaller gauntlets and boots). Red Onslaught would be cool I guess (I've already made one though) if he comes with the tentacles and all that.

Pretty much an AXIS wave, which both crosses off some new costumes, and leaves some for an All-New Wave (there're still nuThor, Captain Marvel, Medusa, MK, GR, unworthy Thor, Hyperion,etc) should it happen.

Dang - was hoping we'd see a Medusa. I'd be pretty stoked to see the Uncanny Avengers finished up. Rogue, Sunfire, Wasp, Havoc & Wonderman are all 'not new' charters. And Rogue, Sunfire & Wonderman have all been villains at some stage.

However, based on upcoming events, it's probably more likely to be something tied into AXIS, which bums me out even more that the 'no new characters' means no Medusa. LOL.

Still - If it *is* an AXIS wave, Now Storm & Magneto feature pretty heavily in the marketing. Maybe we'll see them?

Edited by Nessex

Saw the control art. Very current stuff. Half are villains. But bigger names across the board.

Saw the control art. Very current stuff. Half are villains. But bigger names across the board.

Superior Iron Man, Thor, and FalCap seem to be locks.

Depending on how you count it, it may actually be more than 50%. Possibly as much as 87.5%.

None are new characters, exactly, so I'm sure people will be waving torches at some point, but I can't remember where you fall in that camp, Zex.

Dammit, no Jack O'Lantern....My AXISVengers will remain incomplete. 87.5% villains? Current stuff? Yeah, Mags, Loki and Superior Tony are locked. MK hasn't been debunked yet so I'm guessing he's the Shanna of this wave. I could really see this:

Loki/Magneto

Superior Tony/Moon Knight

Hobgoblin/Red Onslaught with Red Skull parts

And then you could either have FalCap and nuThor, or Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel, or maybe Doc Strange and the new GR. The posibilities are endless really, but I think at least the first four are a lock.

I hate to constantly burst your bubble, Kostis, but no Moon Knight.

And anyone who has said "is a lock" so far is at least partially wrong. So unlock.

Whilst I can keep up with the clues and guesses, I'm gonna play along.

I should point out about Zach's % clue.

He says half are villains (4 out of 8). By referring to 87.5% 'depending how you count it' indicates 7 out of 8.

To me, that suggests 4 certified villains.

3 who can be/have been considered both.

1 definitive hero.

Quite difficult to determine really with all this axis things going on.

Based on that, I'm guessing...

Red Skull/Onslaught

Hobgoblin

Loki

Kang

Scarlet Spiderman (Kaine)

Superior Iron Man

Magneto

Unworthy Thor or FalCap

Has it been said if this wave contains a variant?

I'm thinking Red Onslaught with parts for Red Skull (maybe even reuse the bandage from handless Rick seeing how Wolvie sliced Johan's hand). Yeah, it's probably an AXIS Wave and I have no problem with that. Zach did say that while we won't get a whole X wave we'll be getting a few X characters here and there. Anyway, this is my final guess for now.

Clean Cut Villains: Red Onslaught, Hobgoblin, Loki, Doom

Ambiguous: Superior Tony (inversion) , Magneto, Sabertooth (inversion)

Hero: FalCap

Mind you, Doom and Loki are acting like heroes currently and Hobgoblin will get inverted as well, but it'll probably be for a few issues, whereas the other two (Tony and Creed) are "permanent". Besides, there aren't any other villains on Magneto's squad that could be made. We just got Carnage, Enchantress and Jack O'Lantern are new characters and I don't see how you could improve on Deadpool and Absorbing Man. As for FalCap, he's Captain America, you can never go wrong with that. Plus, Unworthy Thor would make more sense as the variant to nuThor in an All-New Marvel Wave (with Moon Knight and Ghost Rider wink.png ).

If that is the case, I'll be over the moon. Doom could use an update, I love the iTony suit, Magneto's black costume is bad-ass, AoA Loki would fit right in with my Asgardians and I need Hobgoblin. FalCap, Sabertooth and Red Onslaught are welcome surprises. TBH, I'm more of a villain guy so an "all-villain" wave is the bess knees to me.

Edited by Kostisfire

Well, everyone calls them legacy characters. I actually liked the team and I'm all for new characters taking up the mantle, but what I can't stomach are all the pseudo tumblr fans who post about how Sam Alexander is better than Richard, or how Kate is so much better than Clint who's worthless and stuff like that. Legacy characters are there to honour their predecessors, not diss them. With that said, I'm all for a YA wave but not before I get my damn Pimp Suit Moon Knight!

Edited by Kostisfire

I'm thinking Red Onslaught with parts for Red Skull (maybe even reuse the bandage from handless Rick seeing how Wolvie sliced Johan's hand). Yeah, it's probably an AXIS Wave and I have no problem with that. Zach did say that while we won't get a whole X wave we'll be getting a few X characters here and there. Anyway, this is my final guess for now.

I don't understand why anyone thinks Doom needs... strike that. BotBG Doom is pretty damned dated and MvC looks good but is kind of... clunky? Trim down the gauntlets and boots and maybe have a separate hood and cape so he can turn his head?

Now, a new Apocalypse - who returns in Axis - would be neat, but one too many X-characters. A shame, because he could be the alternate look character with Evan under the armor. Maybe one of the Stark Sentinels? We haven't had a Sentinel in quite some time. Lol

No, Doom is probably a good bet.

As for the undeniable hero, I'm still pulling for black and gold Wasp. FalCap has a new team to lead, so plenty of chance to get made. Janet has been an integral part of Remender's run, so I'm hoping this is her chance to see a return to plastic.

The rest of your list sounds pretty damned plausible, though, and I'd be on board.

Edited by Mnemosis

I don't understand why anyone thinks Doom needs an update. Not that I would be against a new Doom, but MvC and BotBG are both pretty great... Now, a new Apocalypse - who returns in Axis - would be neat, but one too many X-characters. A shame, because he could be the alternate look character with Evan under the armor. Maybe one of the Stark Sentinels? We haven't had a Sentinel in quite some time. Lol

As for the undeniable hero, I'm still pulling for black and gold Wasp. FalCap has a new team to lead, so plenty of chance to get made. Janet has been an integral part of Remender's run, so I'm hoping this is her chance to see a return to plastic.

The rest of your list sounds pretty damned plausible, though, and I'd be on board.

Well, for one he's far too bulky, he can't move his arms and legs and is more of a static fig tbh. Plus, he's the only one left that fits the criteria. Jack and Enchantress would be new characters and Carnage, Absorbing, Mystique and Deadpool have already been made in those exact looks. Which leaves Mags, Doom, Loki, Hob and Skull.

There are a couple more characters that'll get inverted (Cage-->Businessman and Deadpool-->ZenPool) but the only ones who (so far) have been announced to stay Inverted are Tony and Creed. As fo FalCap, he's a Cap variant and when your wave is full of villains, you need at least two heroes. Here's how I could see them pairing them:

Red Onslaught (with parts for Red Skull)/FalCap

Magneto/Sabertooth

iTony/Hobgoblin

Loki/Doom

On a sidenote, if Red Onslaught is included and has alternate parts for normal Skull, I'll end up with 5 different versions of him. I have made a custom ROnslaught (if we get normal I'll add tentacles, and if we get tentacled I'll keep it normal), a suited Johan and I was making an SS Uniform Skull.

Well, for one he's far too bulky, he can't move his arms and legs and is more of a static fig tbh. Plus, he's the only one left that fits the criteria. Jack and Enchantress would be new characters and Carnage, Absorbing, Mystique and Deadpool have already been made in those exact looks. Which leaves Mags, Doom, Loki, Hob and Skull.

Yeah, I tweaked my original comment when I went back and looked more closely at the Dooms. But... Mystique's classic look is slightly different from modern. She's an X character, though, so it doesn't really work.

So its looking to shape up into a Uncanny Avengers wave, if only 2 are X-related (Uncanny Now requires 4 at the least, same goes for X-women.)

Modern Rogue is in need of some representation (With the awesome legacy scarf) or at least a hoodie (We got a hoodie like look through the Accuser, so we know it can be done well)

UA/Two Face Havok? Seems like a waste, but hey, more ways of getting that awesome power piece that the other Havok had.

Apocalypse is getting redone this year, so maybe him?

Now Magneto black variant (I really wish we had gotten the white one when it was around) due to his popular solo and major tie in to Axis.

So its looking to shape up into a Uncanny Avengers wave, if only 2 are X-related (Uncanny Now requires 4 at the least, same goes for X-women.)

Modern Rogue is in need of some representation (With the awesome legacy scarf) or at least a hoodie (We got a hoodie like look through the Accuser, so we know it can be done well)

UA/Two Face Havok? Seems like a waste, but hey, more ways of getting that awesome power piece that the other Havok had.

Apocalypse is getting redone this year, so maybe him?

Now Magneto black variant (I really wish we had gotten the white one when it was around) due to his popular solo and major tie in to Axis.

There's only one clean cut hero in there. Both Rogue and Havok are heroes all the way and won't be inverted so they're out.

Yeah, I tweaked my original comment when I went back and looked more closely at the Dooms. But... Mystique's classic look is slightly different from modern. She's an X character, though, so it doesn't really work.

I'm banking on her being in a Logan Legacy (along with Deathstrike, X-23 and Daken) set.