UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

My guess was always that the villains would be a team split among four two packs, each with an "Anchor" character, that's why my first guess was the Wrecking Crew.

Although, a quick check of Wikipedia tells me that it could be the first incarnation of the Masters of Evil, I kind of doubt it though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was also mention of wave 60 completing 2 teams. I don't know if that means it will contain 2 complete teams, or if it finishes work started by earlier sets though.

I was just re-reading Zach's comments about Wave 60, and he said:

Not Age of Ultron or Under Siege.

We are doing Vs., but the new thing we're trying is not that. I think we've done several all heroes vs. all-villains waves before, although maybe not a themed one. 47 was FF themed, heroes vs. villains, I'm sure there were others.

Forgot that two of the heroes have never been made before, either! Should make people happy all around. Two instant teams, too!

...Man, I hope this gets approved.

I'm interpreting that as this single Wave will make both teams with no requirement to own prior releases. Edited by youbastards

The thing here is... Mystique's Brotherhood seems like a lock, no? So then, what hero teams could be made in one wave with two never before released heroes and a redo? And with swappable parts? Because Zach also said:

There is no variant pack, where two sets have the same character in them.

But people may want to buy doubles (or more) of multiple packs.

This strongly implies a Captain Rogers/Nick Fury Jr. situation Edited by Mnemosis

The thing here is... Mystique's Brotherhood seems like a lock, no? So then, what hero teams could be made in one wave with two never before released heroes and a redo? And with swappable parts? Because Zach also said:

There is no variant pack, where two sets have the same character in them.

But people may want to buy doubles (or more) of multiple packs.

This strongly implies a Captain Rogers/Nick Fury Jr. situation

Black Knight? If it's not Mystique's brotherhood, Black Knight with parts to make Black Knight 1 and 2 could fill out Masters of Evil and The Avengers. Remake Black Panther or Avengers Beast and make a Mockingbird and you've got some fun possibilities for team building. Or maybe do Black Knight with the Defenders and make one of the assloads of unmade Defenders.

Maybe I'm missing something but I've read nothing that's discounted this:

So the theme is X-Men, the three semi-classic characters will wear this costume, and Wolverine will be the obvious redo.

Now we just need to figure out the four new classic villains.

You know, other than

TOAD.

Quicksilver's related to Toad from his time with the Brotherhood, correct?

There was also mention of wave 60 completing 2 teams. I don't know if that means it will contain 2 complete teams, or if it finishes work started by earlier sets though.

I was just re-reading Zach's comments about Wave 60, and he said:

>Not Age of Ultron or Under Siege.

We are doing Vs., but the new thing we're trying is not that. I think we've done several all heroes vs. all-villains waves before, although maybe not a themed one. 47 was FF themed, heroes vs. villains, I'm sure there were others.

Forgot that two of the heroes have never been made before, either! Should make people happy all around. Two instant teams, too!

...Man, I hope this gets approved.

I'm interpreting that as this single Wave will make both teams with no requirement to own prior releases.

I made a mistake, Series 48 was themed and a Vs. wave, not 47, which was themed and mostly heroes.

And by themed, I mean the four packs aren't from four different corners of the MU, like TRU 19. They're all from the same corner, and are actually specific to two teams.

And by two "instant" teams, I mean that each side of the Vs. forms a group of people who were on a team together, and can operate as a unit right away. I did NOT say "complete teams." One team people will want/need to complement with other Minimates, and the other people could ARGUE is incomplete, but it's possible that we haven't made those characters yet.

Yay.

Are 58 and 59 still scheduled for October 1st?

If it's down as having a specific ship date on our ship dates list, that's pretty much a lock. I no longer give specific dates for items that are not currently being prepared for delivery.

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

So...is it X-Men themed? smile.png

Maybe, maybe not. It certainly has no characters in common with Series 59, that's for sure.

And if it IS mutant-based, I would not look a gift horse in the mouth. Next year will be an Avengers-heavy year. I mean, obviously, but also in ways you are not privy to just yet.

Wow, that certainly seems to narrow things down a bit.

X-Men vs Brotherhood then?

- Cyke and Jean are both in 59, so no updated Byrne Cyclops or Green Skirt Marvel Girl.
- Wolverine is most likely the returning character from TRU 19, but what version? Blue/Yellow was perfect in the Best of series. Definitive 80's brown costume? Weapon X test subject?
- Banshee & Sunfire would seem like a sure thing, and Chuck has hinted at the possibility. Could we be getting both Thunderbird and Banshee packed with alternate parts to make X-Force Warpath and Siryn??? drool.gif

One team people will want/need to complement with other Minimates, and the other people could ARGUE is incomplete, but it's possible that we haven't made those characters yet.

LOL, it's X-Men but we're not getting Banshee and Sunfire, are we? biggrin.png Edited by youbastards

Come on Zach, wave 58 & 59 are due out on Oct 1st, as the Marketing Supervisor you don't want to leave your customers without a new wave to look forward to. tongue.png

You can look forward to Series 57! (Due out Oct. 8)
Yea, but Wave 57 is only two new mates. We really need a whole wave reveal with pictures too.

A post from Zach is like watching an episode of Lost. You get the answer to one question, and two new ones to obsess over.

Quoted for Truth!

The speculation game wears me out. But I'll just say... how 'bout the X-Men vs the Imperial Guard? Maybe a Death of Phoenix wave, with Cyclops, Marvel Girl (Jean's wearing her green skirt costume in that issue), Wolverine and... I dunno, Angel? Vs. Gladiator and three other Guardsmen?

Come on Zach, wave 58 & 59 are due out on Oct 1st, as the Marketing Supervisor you don't want to leave your customers without a new wave to look forward to. tongue.png

Yea, but Wave 57 is only two new mates. We really need a whole wave reveal with pictures too.

Check your facts, Fwoosheyman. They may tolerate that kind of shoddy research over at the Fwoosh, but not here.

Check your facts, Fwoosheyman. They may tolerate that kind of shoddy research over at the Fwoosh, but not here.
Oops. it's three new mates but it's still not a whole wave. Still need info and pics. smile.png

Dumb question, but why does everyone assume we're getting another X-Themed wave? With 57 (technically), 59, and a boxset in such a short period, wouldn't it make more sense for 60 not to be X-Themed?

Plus didn't Chuck say in one of his latest QnA's that they weren't looking heavily at any X-Men for 2015? Or at least something like that (I'll look for the link)

Given that, what if 60 is Spider-Man themed? Like something bouncing off of one of his recent big events, like Spider-Island, War of the Goblins, Spider-Verse, or Identity Crisis (RAMPANT SPECULATION, my Slingers love strikes again).

Thoughts?

I understand what you're coming from. It;s that idea when one thing is said, everyone likes it, and it is automatically the next big thing. Same thing happened with Quicksilver in the link between this wave and TRU 19.

That being said, you may be right with a Spiderman theme. Zach had said that Avengers will be heavy next year seeing A2:AOU is coming out. It may be Iron man themed as well, it doesn't have to be X-Men themed (as much as I would love that).

Speaking for myself, the assumption of an X-themed wave comes from a few points:

1) the villains compose part/most of a team

2) Zach has said "you'll get your Pyro" recently

3) early in the thread, Zach said he villains had been guessed. The Wrecking Crew and Brotherhood were the two front runners at the time

4) the heroes compose part/most of a team

5) one of the troop builders suggested in the Carnage Contest thread is in this wave, but not as a troop builder

6) Quicksilver is tangentially connected to the characters in the wave, but has never been on a team with/related to them in the 616

7) someone from 19 is in this wave in a totally different look

- Mystique's Brotherhood fits the bill for a villain team that Quicksilver wasn't on but could be considered tangentially connected to and would get us Pyro

- Blue and yellow Wolverine would be a different look for Anka Wolverine and a non-troop builder character you could get multiples of

- Quicksilver wasn't an X-Man or on a team with any of the blue and yellow X-Men in the 616, but is a mutant

Those are my reasons for my assumptions. Are there other teams out there? Sure. But the Inhumans are out, as is X-Factor. Two of the heroes are brand new, so it's not any version of the Fantastic Four I can think of or either Liefeld or Capullo's X-Force. Plus, the Brotherhood at this point SEEMS like a lock, which makes an X-Men wave a likely counterpoint.

Edited by Mnemosis