UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Netflix Defenders Minimates

BrobotC

We are so spoiled.

Back in my day, we had to wait TEN YEARS for Clark Kent to finally put on a cape and even then it was super-disappointing. Shit, the guy didn't even fly.

We should just be glad we're getting to see Murdock kicking ass and wearing a get-up that's from the source material.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valo, I agree with much of what you're saying.

I very much hope that he's in the Red (or even the Yellow) by at least mid-season (if you can call one of these Netflix drops a season) and I think it's weird that they haven't shown the final costume. That said, here's why I'm not worrying:

1- This is the first brand that Marvel Studios has had to refurbish and as such, they need to really accentuate what makes it different. Once that red suit hits, everyone's going to compare and contrast it to the Affleck suit (which I never minded) and bring the bad memories of that movie back into the forefront. So the way to mitigate that is to push the tone/feel of the show first to prime the audience about how it'll be different and more serious, and then after that's sunk in release the final costume.

2- Most of that footage in that trailer seemed like it was from the first episode or two. Matt Murdock, high priced lawyer and secret ninja, begins to "see" the world getting more dangerous while all the protectors are disappearing (I'm looking at you SHIELD), so he finally decides to step up and take action. So he tosses on something dark and hits the streets. That, to me, is not a 13 episode arc, that's like two or three at best.

April cannot come soon enough!

I trust Marvel.

Even Fox managed to give us a decent interpretation of the Daredevil costume. Marvel is borrowing a proto-suit that's right out of their own books. I can't complain about that and I'm not inclined to complain about something that hasn't shown up yet.

Hell, I'll applaud even if this makes an appearance:

DDarmored.jpg

I trust we'll get the suit eventually however I just don't feel like dwelling on his origin for an entire season. Decompressed storytelling is a hangover from the early 2000's that could use a long break.

If it's good storytelling, and it's a good Daredevil story, then I'm definitely in for a 13 hour origin.

Daredevil seems to me like one of the few heroes who could have 13 hours of origin story without it feeling horribly stretched out.

I do think the costume will be something of a challenge. The simplicity works really well on the page but you need more detail on the screen. I hope it's not quite as much leather as the Affleck version though.

• 2 months later...