UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Netflix Defenders Minimates

BrobotC

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to see Matt in the red & yellow suit for a bit. The black suit makes sense as a quick prototype. I'm sure he'll don the crimson costume in the third act of the show.

This is why I prefer episodic television over the relatively rushed medium of feature films, especially for comic book adaptations. Take your time and do it right.

If it's such a lock, why has there not been any image of him in anything but the black outfit? I've never seen a superhero movie where they held off the main character's costume as a reveal. And the storyline that black outfit seems to be pulled from ends with him putting on the Red suit for the first time. I guess we'll just see.

You need to give an audience something they recognize.

Why? Shouldn't that same audience be excited at the prospect of an adaptation of a popular Daredevil story? No one has said he's never wearing the red costume, they're just taking a lot of episodes to unpack the origin, which makes sense for a character like Daredevil.

Do you seriously think it's more likely that Marvel is foregoing the red costume altogether rather than that they're just releasing a trailer that's about setting tone and not spoiling the plot, especially a major reveal? This is Marvel, a studio that just made a boatload of money on a movie with a walking tree and a talking raccoon in it. I don't understand freaking out about how they're going to treat Daredevil.

I'm not freaking out. I'm pointing out that while they have confirmed he will wear the red suit, they have yet to say when or even show it. The costume of the main character is NOT a major reveal. It's usually the FIRST reveal, and the fact that they haven't shown it doesn't give me a lot of confidence. I don't like the black outfit, I think it's boring and very Dread Pirate Roberts, and the story it came from ends with Daredevil putting the red suit on for the first time. Which wouldn't be as big a deal if there was going to be a new season of Daredevil next year, but to date that has not been confirmed or even implied, they have said that next year's show will be Jessica Jones. I don't like the idea of waiting for possibly several years to have a full season of Daredevil where he looks like the character. I'm sure he'll be wearing it in Defenders, but I'm more interested in Daredevil's solo adventures than a team-up coming in 2019.

Imagine if Batman Begins ended with him in the suit for the first time capturing Falcone, and then we didn't see him again until a Justice League film three-four years later. Some people might like that, but I dont. And I don't think it's smart for your hero to look boring either, but eye of the beholder I guess.

Edited by Valo487

I get the impression Netflix and Marvel are pulling a Batman Begins here. It seems like they are just completely ignoring whatever has come before and starting from scratch, and assuming the audience will be OK with that. As a multi-episode origin story, they've got a lot more time to develop things. No need to rush the red suit. At this point, I think Marvel is confident that people will recognize "Marvel" and get on board even if they don't directly recognize the property. I fully expect to see the red suit by the end of the series, hopefully for a full final act, but if this is the story of civilian Matt Murdock becoming superhero Daredevil, we've got to expect to see his look evolve as well. In glad they're at least attempting to take the time to tell a story rather than going straight for The Look.

Edit: just saw Valo's other post. Dread Pirate Roberts is what I think every time too.

Edited by Turtle

I hope you guys are right, I was/am super excited to see Daredevil get his due. I only started having doubts when I heard that Daredevil is likely not getting a season two for some time, and suddenly the lack of the Classic suit seemed a lot more pressing to me. I thought for years they should make a Daredevil show, I thought he could support it. Quite frankly, I'd rather see Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist as supporting players in Daredevil if we're not going to get new seasons every year.

Now I'm wondering how long until we get to see Elektra, Bullseye, Mister Fear, The Punisher, Jigsaw, etc.