UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

I'm still betting on Game of Thrones but...

the major franchises mentioned so far until pag. 5 are:

DC Comics (unfortunately not)

Friday the 13th

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Predator (complements Aliens)

Nightmare Before Christmas

Resident Evil (complements Marvel Vs Capcom 3)

Silent Hill (complements Resident Evil???)

Doctor Who (Zach confirmed)

Disney (complements Peter Pan)

Big Hero 6

Army of Darkness (complements Marvel Zombies)

Hellboy (Zach confirmed)

Harry Potter

Casper

Planet of the Apes

Metal Gear

Buffy the vampire slayer

Mortal Kombat (complements DC Comics)

Plus this \/

So far, all but one of these guesses has been incorrect.

So, I believe we'll get one of these:

Big Hero 6

Harry Potter

Casper

Metal Gear

Edited by bzorio

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mass-friendly line as in FRIENDLY to all. A hint that says its prpbably kid friendly more then crazy collector style of figures. The hype is so large now that most will be unhappy about it but still buy them in the end. I wasnt down for the Peter Pan mates but in the end I got all of them. But it will still come out of left field like Plants vs Zombies. Didnt expect that line to surface.

If it really is a pretty big license they had been working on for awhile, I would also scratch Big Hero 6, Casper, POTA, and Buffy off the list. Assuming bizorio has compiled all eligible properties and removed those excluded from consideration, horror or Disney (one or multiple properties of each) would make most sense to me. And because of the Halloween theme, I would go with Horror. Maybe New Line horror, which has done Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Texas Chainsaw films, as well as Evil Dead (edit: checking Wikipedia, apparently they can do Dawn of the Dead, as well).

Edited by karamazov80

So Maleficent to come out at the same time as the DVD release? Or Mickey as the sorceror's apprentice? Or maybe Goofy as a zombie (I know that will never happen, but it's worth a shot). I saw Predators last night on cable and it reminded me how great minimates of them would have been and then I got a little sad.

Good point. At a certain point, it's hard to think of a license that doesn't complement something that's already out there in some way (e.g., we've had zombies and Universal Monsters, so newer horror characters would complement those in a fashion), but because of Peter Pan I would say anything Disney is probably unlikely.

Edited by karamazov80

I think you're taking that "compliment" thing a little too literally. The only things that would directly compliment Peter Pan are Tinkerbell or Jake and the Neverland Pirates (which reminds me, I have to show the Jake customs I threw together for my daughter). Disney animated movies are all pretty separate.

I think you're taking that "compliment" thing a little too literally. The only things that would directly compliment Peter Pan are Tinkerbell or Jake and the Neverland Pirates (which reminds me, I have to show the Jake customs I threw together for my daughter). Disney animated movies are all pretty separate.

Well Zach's example of why Hellboy was too "complimentary" was that it was a comic, and a comic movie, and had monsters in it. That's a pretty loose interpretation to my eyes. I hope none of these are off the table, despite an obvious one-time association with Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters:

g83f58b2e.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

I thought Zach already said no to Harry Potter.

Not in this thread at least.

If it really is a pretty big license they had been working on for awhile, I would also scratch Big Hero 6, Casper, POTA, and Buffy off the list. Assuming bizorio has compiled all eligible properties and removed those excluded from consideration, horror or Disney (one or multiple properties of each) would make most sense to me. And because of the Halloween theme, I would go with Horror. Maybe New Line horror, which has done Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Texas Chainsaw films, as well as Evil Dead (edit: checking Wikipedia, apparently they can do Dawn of the Dead, as well).

I have compiled all the suggestions until pag. 5, when Zach mentioned that.

Later we had those hints:

- Sorry, but given that we were launching with a figure for ComicFest, I assumed it was a given the line would be sold in comic shops. But then, I have to ask, why would a Disney-based line not be in Previews? Or are you saying a Disney Store-exclusive line wouldn't be in Previews? The latter is correct.

- I love what it IS just as much (as Hellboy), though, and it has far broader appeal and potential.

Sculpted chest block! Finally! Snookie needs a new sculpted chest block too, right? Right!