• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, to recap the Marvel waves

Best of Series 3

Wave 55 - Winter Soldier

Wave 56 - Amazing Spider-Man 2

Wave 57? - X-Men Days of Future Past

Wave 58 - Guardians of the Galaxy

I was really hoping to hear about a few Marvel comic related waves...

I was expecting to at least see the Deadly Foes and X-Force sets but with so much awesomeness shown I can "forget" about them for the time being.

a Minimate monkey!

I have to rebuy the same pack just to get the damn monkey?? That pisses me off sad.png

The monkey is in the box set with all these 4 characters so technically yes, you do buy Jay and Bob again but you get 2.5 new characters.

no, that's a 4 pack with Marshall Willenholly and... Jesse? It's been a while

I was really hoping to see the XForce set as well, but then I remembered, this is a trade show, not a convention

the X Force and deadly photos that are both already exclusives, this show is for selling product to retailers (for the most part)

over the years, it has become a press event, but that was never the main drive

I was expecting to at least see the Deadly Foes and X-Force sets but with so much awesomeness shown I can "forget" about them for the time being.

a Minimate monkey!

I have to rebuy the same pack just to get the damn monkey?? That pisses me off :(

The monkey is in the box set with all these 4 characters so technically yes, you do buy Jay and Bob again but you get 2.5 new characters.
The shelf tag clearly sats 2-packs for $9.99.

Best of Series 3

Wave 55 - Winter Soldier

If we are really getting four straight movie waves, that would be... disappointing. Wasn't there supposed to be a comics X-Men wave in the works?

i think the marvel movie waves are going to blow through quicker than we think, simply because the films are all in a very condensed amount of time, we're going to see Cap by April i'd assume, then Amazing Spiderman 2 and DOFP have to hit their window in May, and then Guardians by August, which could give us room for a comic wave by the end of the year (not saying it will happen, but the fact that they have all 4 movie waves already at proto stage probably bodes well)

having said that, im excited for all 4 movie waves and the GOTG one will fill a lot of my comic collections missing slots

Best of Series 3

Wave 55 - Winter Soldier

If we are really getting four straight movie waves, that would be... disappointing. Wasn't there supposed to be a comics X-Men wave in the works?

Zach's been laying the groundwork for this a while now, so it should be no surprise. It's a movie-heavy year, so that's probably the priority for sales. We've got the comic X-Force and Spidey-foes box sets coming, as well as (maybe?) a TRU fan poll set. I'm sure there will be a little comic love at SDCC; perhaps a box set or two. But, yeah, overall, not a year for comic mates.

Edited by Lobsterman

a Minimate monkey!

I have to rebuy the same pack just to get the damn monkey?? That pisses me off sad.png

The shelf tag clearly sats 2-packs for $9.99.

i must have missed that, thanks for the clarification! An yeah, it kinda sucks that i have to buy the guys again.