UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2014!

hellpop

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Light Blue Superman, he's a must. Gold Superman too, just because that's the most adorkable thing i've ever seen. And the headsculpt looks much better in plastic than painted. The dorky Super Powers packaging is a nice tribute, i must say. Etheria Sub looks incredible; Light-Hope is a work of art. That's classic, 100% Four Horseman unleashed goodness. Just a great fantasy figure. Rio-blast is great too; this year's Fisto?

LMFAO at "Green Lantern as Riddler" though, and i never use that abbreviation. They always manage to fuck it up somehow, and that's exactly how. I get the reference but who in the right mind ever wanted that? That's exactly how you kill a line, not that it matter now anyway i guess.

Also, JAIME JAIME JAIME:

2gw6mq9.jpg

I hope that whatever Mattel decides to do with the DC license going forward, they manage to put some ice water on the massive erection they have for DC Super Powers. I mean, it just got so out of hand and the fact that they think this is a swansong is patently absurd. I honestly cannot believe that after all this time, they think that there are fans who are going to be happy that this is the way it ends. Let it go.

Being extremely nostalgic for the Super Powers myself, I love these minor variants with the SP packaging. Riddler is a nod to an Argentinian release. Gold Superman was a planned release that never happened, I believe.

I have no problem with the SP themed goodbye... I just don't know who's going to buy it. $30 for repaints? One new character, with three points of articulation? I dunno, man. These are going to be a tough sell, I think. I certainly don't fall into the "everything Mattel does is a personal affront!" camp, but Mxy at that price doesn't make me very happy.