UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point is, Coulson and company might not be hunting for it because they might not even realize it is gone.

I don't know. With HYDRA going after so many weapons, etc, I'm not sure why someone in SHIELD wouldn't at least check on the status of one of the most powerful known weapons on the planet. Just to see. The idea that the current users did a mind wipe could explain it. At any rate, I'm hoping A2 explains some of this.

I hope they don't. At all. With all the new characters and ideas in the next movie, we don't need them to explain every detail of this world. That's the start of the slide into continuity hell that plagues a lot of comics. The Marvel movies are doing so well partially because they almost always stand on their own, but viewers are rewarded for seeing all of them with little callbacks and details. I hope they don't devote any more time to the scepter falling into Hydra's hands than a line about Hydra stealing SHIELD's weaponry when Cap outed them, because that's all it needs. From what I hear Baron Strucker is going to be doing with it, they need the time to explain that far more than how a Hydro agent ended up walking away with something. Especially when that's pretty much already been implied by the post-credits scene in Captain America 2.

It doesn't even need to be explained. We have enough info to draw a logical conclusion.

It's just like LOST. All the info is there, but they aren't going to waste any time explaining every detail when there are more important things to talk about it. That show knowingly left 1 plotline unexplained. Just 1. Everything else was there if you thought about it.

Why wouldn't someone in shield check on it? The shield agents assigned to that kind of work that would know about it were hydra agents. Boom.

Nd the mind wipes should stay with the dc movies

So here’s what I want to know:

How exact does the tesseract affect “space”, the aether “reality”, and the Orb have more ‘power’ then the those two since they all 3 just release colored light and blow sh*t up?

To answer this we just need to look at the movies:

The Tesseract, while mainly used to blow shit up, did also have a knack for opening wormholes. See the first Cap movie and Avengers for all the making holes in space action.

The Aether, while also used to blow shit up, was at it's most powerful when confronted with converging realities. See the beginning and end of Thor 2 for all the reality-fueled action you can take.

Meanwhile, The Orb just made whoever held it really powerful. You know, and let them blow shit up.

I'll bet you that The Scepter is revealed as the Mind gem Stone during AoU. That Hydra is using it to unlock human potential or something, and then it's the thing that gives Ultron his personality and ultimately JarVision his.

So here’s what I want to know:

How exact does the tesseract affect “space”, the aether “reality”, and the Orb have more ‘power’ then the those two since they all 3 just release colored light and blow sh*t up?

To answer this we just need to look at the movies:

The Tesseract, while mainly used to blow shit up, did also have a knack for opening wormholes. See the first Cap movie and Avengers for all the making holes in space action.

The Aether, while also used to blow shit up, was at it's most powerful when confronted with converging realities. See the beginning and end of Thor 2 for all the reality-fueled action you can take.

Meanwhile, The Orb just made whoever held it really powerful. You know, and let them blow shit up.

I'll bet you that The Scepter is revealed as the Mind gem Stone during AoU. That Hydra is using it to unlock human potential or something, and then it's the thing that gives Ultron his personality and ultimately JarVision his.

Also notice that the Tesseract never quite reached genocidal levels of power. And the Aether had power but it never showed it being incredibly destructive until it was being used to change reality like Maleketh was wanting.

However they showed the Power Stone blowing up a f**king planet.

... so yeah, power.

Mnemosis, on 20 Dec 2014 - 19:15, said:

I can't wait to hear the soul gem's vocal solos

The Soul Gem is Nick Fury’s eye patch.

It’s the first thing we see in the trailer, and think about this: When he goes into hiding, pretending to be dead he takes it off... the walking dead don’t have souls, right!!! See how it’s all falling into place.

So there’s the 5th gem: Nick Fury’s eye patch, literally right in front our eyes the whole time...

Finally got around to tweaking Ronan.

Cut the shoulder armor and glued it to the upper arms to allow more articulation, and gave a dark metallic paint wash to his armor. Lengthened the hammer and replaced the hammer's head with the one from the Funko mini bobblehead.

Also gave him a waist riser.

20141221_182613-_edit_1419204863909.jpg

20141221_182644-_edit_1419204978575.jpg

20141221_182800-_edit_1419205045941.jpg

Edited by youbastards

Marvel Legends gets a Machine Man & Carol Danvers Captain Marvel. I always thought Minimates would release both before anyone else.

Marvel Legends/Universe have really upped their game in terms of character selection, I think in terms of getting the most mileage out of the license they're even with DST now. For every Destiny, Spymaster, and Mr. Negative we get as 'mates, there's Machine Man, A-Bomb and Tiger Shark from Hasbro.

Marvel Legends gets a Machine Man & Carol Danvers Captain Marvel. I always thought Minimates would release both before anyone else.

Marvel Legends/Universe have really upped their game in terms of character selection, I think in terms of getting the most mileage out of the license they're even with DST now. For every Destiny, Spymaster, and Mr. Negative we get as 'mates, there's Machine Man, A-Bomb and Tiger Shark from Hasbro.

I've done the math. Both lines still have a ways to go to catch up to Minimates.