UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

I don't know how I feel.

When the Phoenix Cyclops Gold thing happened, I didn't care (mostly because I thought the gold looked better and matched the rest of the team) but DST still offered a way to fix it.

With this, I plan on using Ice Bobby, so I don't care if the other costume came in rainbow colors! lol. If fan reaction is big enough, DST will probably fix it.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't really care one way or the other with the Iceman issue. I'm really only interested in the ice slide and the Beast figure from this wave. I can see why people are getting bent out of shape though. I don't want either version (black or no black) so the only way I'll be upset if we lose a future spot that should go to a more deserving character and instead goes to a corrected version of this Iceman or if we get a Champions Iceman (which is basically what this figure has become).

Edited by MisterMiracle

Thanks, Freaquilizer, the architecture was my favorite thing about Las Vegas, and the retailer summit was informative, although not getting to see Lobsterman made me sad.

And I appreciate everyone's passion for Minimates, even if they only show it when they think we've screwed up in a colossal way. These pics have been out there for weeks, and I'm only now hearing any real discontent.

Edited by DSTZach

Its pointless bickering, that's all. Sorry if it came off more accusatory than that. Worst case scenario, it gets released without the black detail and those of us that want it have to live without it. Maybe DST can find a way to work an alternate chest block in a future release, similar to Phoenix Cyke's armor. Maybe then the arms and legs in a second release somewhere down the line...

You summed it up, its just our passion for the product. :)

When you get some time, I'm sure we'd all love to hear what kind of retailer feedback you guys got about Minimates in general, if you're inclined/allowed to share that kind of stuff. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall...

same here. I always wonder what retailers think of the product. I know that by and large, I am the only employee at my store who even knows what Minimates are. I always try to suggest them to customers who might be looking for something unique or "New"

Turns out we designed those Minimates off of early reference art, before the comic came out. (They were originally Series 55.) The early art did not have the black details. We're looking into whether they can be added at this point, but they might not be. Apologies to all.

...Well, half.

although not getting to see Lobsterman made me sad.

Aww... #brohug. I was bummed, too. When I was like "sooooo... my friend is in town..." and my wife shot me a look that said "knowing how long I've been awake with this sick baby in the last three days, you won't finish that sentence," I thought better of it. mellow.png

Also, I honestly didn't mean for my comment to imply this... circumstance... with Bobby was owing to DST being lazy or miserly. I'v been on the receiving end of a vendor error before, and I know what it's like to have to make the call whether it's serious enough to incur the not insignificant cost of pulling the plug on a run – or even reprinting – or just throw something at a wall, curse a bit, and move on with it.

Dannii, without going back and doing a head count, I would say so far it seems like a fairly even split between your camp who wants 100 percent accuracy and my camp that wants something that looks more like the classic version. I can understand your argument, right up until you start saying "most" when that hasn't really seemed to be the case.

You would have to imagine though that the 100 or so regular posters on here are the hard core fan base that would be most inclined to custom and come online to specifically talk minimates, most people who pick up this set are going to open it sit them on a shelf and that is the grand total effort they want to put into their purchase.

My impression was that people who liked the classic look were NOT going to modify it as it stands. Not sure reversing colors is an easy mod, and I found art from a time when he pretty much wore what he has on now. So only one group would have to mod regardless.

But I agree that the mod crowd is a small one, so it's more likely that one group is going to have to live with an unloved Bobby, or with no Bobby at all. Can't wait to see which group hates me!

How could we hate you Zach? After Wave 50 we owe you some appreciation.

And again, I truly am sorry for anyone who finds whatever we end up with disappointing, but in terms of overall perspective, is it really that big of a deal? Bobby Drake, even though he was one of the original five X-Men, is not exactly a character that demanded being made at all outside of his iced up form. To me, getting him at all is a nice bonus, but far from a necessity.

Now if you want to talk about things that are necessary, we could talk about the Pyro and Toad two-pack that, God willing, is on the horizon.....

No need to apologize for anybody. If anyone wants to apologize for their own accusations of laziness and inaccuracy, they can, but even those are not necessary. I regret that fans of either look were given false hope. I knew there must have been a reason, and the reason is that they were designed months and months ago, based on early designs, but never updated.

The issue is still with us, but it was not an issue of sloppiness, it was an attempt at timeliness. The original design was approved by Marvel, as was the painted prototype. I will likely field the same questions in other forums, as well.

And I keep pushing the Brotherhood. We have one member in the works...

Edited by DSTZach